Login

russian armor

Help with Soviet Industry in 1s

2 Jun 2014, 18:22 PM

I have been playing around with this commander in 2s+ to get a feel for how it works and trial build orders. I want to start implementing it in 1s as well now, but want some advice for working out its kinks:

1) The Manpower drain is pretty severe, I do not think I can afford to get both T1 and T2 to have a really versatile army. Of the two tech choices, which one do you think is more reliable and least manpower drain? T1 is pretty powerful but kind of risky compared to maxims, mortars, and Zis guns (because I will have no guards to reliably take out 222s).

2) there is a significant munitions float, a second engineer squad would solve this, but because of the Manpower drain is it even worth such a poor unit in combat?

3) around what command points should I float manpower? I have been starting around 4-5 Cp's and activating the commander around 6, but I do not know if that is feasible in ones yet.

4) I have not ever gotten an early tank, generally I go for SU-85s, SU-76s, and KV-8s. Is it worth it to activate the commander earlier and surprising my opponent with two T-70s or a T34 and an M5? when I have tried T3 during my trial games T34s just dont cut it after a while, Vet 2 P4s and call in tigers just are way to good so I have pretty much only been going T4

5) If it gets to the really late game, is the KV-2 worth it? The tank has an atrocious range unless it is locked down which in it self can be a huge problem. On the other hand the howitzar shot is pretty great at locking down large areas and crossroads between VPs. Its arcing shot allows it to kill support teams way in the back as well, but it is not all that great at killing armor, I have only seen 1 or two P4 kills out of the many times getting it out.

Any suggested build orders are welcome
2 Jun 2014, 21:30 PM

When I use this commander, I activate it rather late. I like to first get a solid infantry army, usually 4 cons (or 3 and a mortar), 2 maxims and a fieldgun. Then go for T4, activate the commander, build 1 SU85 and save up for an KV-8. If the opponent has had a fuel advantage, I will not make a KV-8 and rather opt for a second SU85. After that the next tank will be a KV-2.

Because the commander has a KV-8 and KV-2, I prefer to go for T4 over T3. The normal problem with T4 is that you can not attack with it, only defend. The KV-8 allows you to attack if you can afford it (if you don't need that second SU85). If not, you can save up for the KV-2 and pound the enemy into dust from behind a wall of maxims and tank-destroyers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★