Login

russian armor

Suppressed units entering buildings

Should suppressed units be able to enter buildings?
Option Distribution Votes
81%
19%
Total votes: 62
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 May 2014, 11:44 AM

I think it has quite a big effect on HMGs effectiveness on certain maps.

Edit: Imo they should not be able to enter, it makes escaping from an hmg way too easy.
31 May 2014, 12:06 PM

No, they should be able to enter the buildings while suppressed.
31 May 2014, 12:16 PM

No, they should be enter the buildings while suppressed.

care to elaborate?
31 May 2014, 13:52 PM

They should enter the building because they are not pinned. If they are suppresed they still can move their lowly cowardly asses, which still means they can use abilities, throw nades etc
And imagine if u re in real combat, if u re suppresed, would u say lets not enter the building, cuz yeah we are suppresed and lolwut
Actually if u re suppresed near building it gives u chance to pull out ur troops, and provides more to the player who knows how to use it than to a player who plants mg on chokepoint and doesnt even pay attention
31 May 2014, 14:34 PM

They should enter the building because they are not pinned. If they are suppresed they still can move their lowly cowardly asses, which still means they can use abilities, throw nades etc
And imagine if u re in real combat, if u re suppresed, would u say lets not enter the building, cuz yeah we are suppresed and lolwut
Actually if u re suppresed near building it gives u chance to pull out ur troops, and provides more to the player who knows how to use it than to a player who plants mg on chokepoint and doesnt even pay attention

I guess it's pointless to bring reallife arguments into this discussion, when a machinegun fires at you the first thing you probably do ist shit your pants and lay as flat on the ground as posible :D

That aside. I find it's a little too much of a "out of jail" card if you can just rightclick the next building to lose suppression.

31 May 2014, 14:56 PM

but it is ok to right click ur machine gun on same place without any flanking, tactic, reaction, attention and just suppres->pinn->kill squads? Actually CoH2 consists of "out of jail" cards, should shocks loose smoke ability when they get suppresed? Should players wait untill nades explode and loose their troops before they react? :P
that time between suppresion and pinn is ur reaction time, and ur deciding factor if u will prevail and take out enemy
If they loose that ability that would mean only option is to retreat (for most units), which doesnt sound like anything fun or strategy wise. MGs are pain in the ass as it is, no need to give them even more power
31 May 2014, 15:12 PM

care to elaborate?

Because they are not pinned.

You still have control over your suppressed units, they just can't effectively shoot or move.
31 May 2014, 15:23 PM

but it is ok to right click ur machine gun on same place without any flanking, tactic, reaction, attention and just suppres->pinn->kill squads? Actually CoH2 consists of "out of jail" cards, should shocks loose smoke ability when they get suppresed? Should players wait untill nades explode and loose their troops before they react? :P
that time between suppresion and pinn is ur reaction time, and ur deciding factor if u will prevail and take out enemy
If they loose that ability that would mean only option is to retreat (for most units), which doesnt sound like anything fun or strategy wise. MGs are pain in the ass as it is, no need to give them even more power

I do not demand über hmgs or something, but usually when you get caught in an mgs arc of fire it costs you something to get out of it, for example you need to lob a smoke grenade, grenade, molotov, rifle nade or you need to send another squad to relief the suppressed squad.

By entering a building you get away for free.

To put it in another way, What if units would stay suppressed when inside of a building? I mean crawling into yellow/green cover doesn't break suppression either.
31 May 2014, 15:34 PM

They can crawl, so why not crawl into a building?

31 May 2014, 15:46 PM

care to elaborate?

"able to" was missing in that sentence. Corrected now.

My point was units that are suppressed and not pinned should be able to enter the building.
31 May 2014, 16:31 PM

pretty much this :)
31 May 2014, 16:40 PM

pretty much this :)

And what about units remaining suppressed/getting suppressed in buildings?
31 May 2014, 18:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I´m not sure if people know how to "meme" or just use the first image they find.

Yes, units SUPPRESSED should be able to enter a building.
31 May 2014, 19:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Let me preface this by saying that I've been a memer since they first appeared on 4chan circa 2006 (ages ago in internet time). I remember refreshing /b/ all afternoon with the hope that someone would make a new meme. I was a memer back when Advice Dog was the only one and I still upvote every Advice Dog meme I see becasue of the fond rush of nostalgia it brings me. Nowadays, there are many thousand on quickmeme and other meme websites. I was a memer back before memegenerator was created (the first meme website) and I had to make them with MS Powerpoint or Paint. Speaking of meme websites, I was one of the first submitters to memebase.com and still have one of the top accounts there despite having migrated to reddit nearly 2 years ago. It was on 4chan and memebase where I cut my teeth creating memes, way before I had a reddit account and way before /r/adviceanimals was created in late 2010. Back before I could get any sort of points or even username recognition, I was creating memes as a clever and easily digestible way to reflect on society, relate some story to my audience, or just be funny. Do you remember rich raven? No? I do. You probably don't remember depression dog, crazy girlfriend praying mantis, introspective pug, or friendzone Johnny either. I remember all of them. In fact, you have only submitted two posts to adviceanimals garnering a total of just 4 points and have not commented there any time recently. So please, respect my judgement regarding the direction of the subreddit and the integrity of posts I have held dear to my heart for nearly 7 years but you have no strong feelings for. Thanks.
31 May 2014, 20:26 PM

I´m not sure if people know how to "meme" or just use the first image they find.

Yes, units SUPPRESSED should be able to enter a building.

kreatiir knows how to meme.
31 May 2014, 22:30 PM

I am pretty sure units stay surpressed when they enter a building?
31 May 2014, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

Supressed yes but pinned no
31 May 2014, 23:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pinned units can´t move so...
1 Jun 2014, 02:28 AM
Patrion 27

Let me preface this by saying that I've been a memer since they first appeared on 4chan circa 2006 (ages ago in internet time). I remember refreshing /b/ all afternoon with the hope that someone would make a new meme. I was a memer back when Advice Dog was the only one and I still upvote every Advice Dog meme I see becasue of the fond rush of nostalgia it brings me. Nowadays, there are many thousand on quickmeme and other meme websites. I was a memer back before memegenerator was created (the first meme website) and I had to make them with MS Powerpoint or Paint. Speaking of meme websites, I was one of the first submitters to memebase.com and still have one of the top accounts there despite having migrated to reddit nearly 2 years ago. It was on 4chan and memebase where I cut my teeth creating memes, way before I had a reddit account and way before /r/adviceanimals was created in late 2010. Back before I could get any sort of points or even username recognition, I was creating memes as a clever and easily digestible way to reflect on society, relate some story to my audience, or just be funny. Do you remember rich raven? No? I do. You probably don't remember depression dog, crazy girlfriend praying mantis, introspective pug, or friendzone Johnny either. I remember all of them. In fact, you have only submitted two posts to adviceanimals garnering a total of just 4 points and have not commented there any time recently. So please, respect my judgement regarding the direction of the subreddit and the integrity of posts I have held dear to my heart for nearly 7 years but you have no strong feelings for. Thanks.

First off, paragraphs, they make people read your blocks of text.

Second, good for you man... Papa's real proud.

Third, "meme" was coined by Dawkins in 1976 in "The Selfish Gene" and memetics began in the 1990's.

Third and 1/2, MVGame.
1 Jun 2014, 03:08 AM
Benefactor 360

I guess it's pointless to bring reallife arguments into this discussion

Yes. Yes it is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %