Login

russian armor

Gameplay Hopes for Next Patch

31 May 2014, 11:32 AM
Donator 33

So, I'm just wondering if other people have the same experience as I do and the same hopes. List your hopes for gameplay changes here, perhaps Relic will give it a look. Maybe there are some things which we are forgetting in our Ele/ISU-rage :D

For all intents and purposes, assume that any change suggested will follow with a strength/price-change to keep it balanced. Don't start a balance-discussion! ;)

• Lower range of Elephant and ISU (shuks!).
  • Don't let one-click abilities destroy artillery guns (right now they are unusable if your opponent picks the wrong/right doctrine, and therefore aren't used).
  • Lower the range of Shreks so there's a bit more micro involved (right now, T34s/T70s cannot kite them, you simply exchange volleys. A bit boring).
  • Mines/lucky-'nade shouldn't kill entire squads on their own.

Got some things you think makes the game less fun - let's hear it :)
31 May 2014, 11:33 AM

M3A1 might need slightly less armor, right now when it comes out it is a bit too hard to take one down in my opinion.

Maybe it could get its armor back at vet 1?
31 May 2014, 11:58 AM

So, I'm just wondering if other people have the same experience as I do and the same hopes. List your hopes for gameplay changes here, perhaps Relic will give it a look. Maybe there are some things which we are forgetting in our Ele/ISU-rage :D

For all intents and purposes, assume that any change suggested will follow with a strength/price-change to keep it balanced. Don't start a balance-discussion! ;)

Got some things you think makes the game less fun - let's hear it :)

Yes to 1, 2, and 4.

About 3;
As long as Pgrens are so fragile I do see no need for a shreck nerf. It's not like they could take on a soviet tank on their own so I think they're in a good spot right now.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 11:33 AMBurts
M3A1 might need slightly less armor, right now when it comes out it is a bit too hard to take one down in my opinion.

+1
31 May 2014, 12:08 PM
Donator 33

As long as Pgrens are so fragile I do see no need for a shreck nerf.

You're not much of a reader, are you? It's not a nerf, it's a change. Either they should do more damage, lessen the price of PGs or shreks etc. This isn't a balance discussion, it's a suggestions for making the game more fun.

31 May 2014, 12:11 PM
Patrion 14

Agree with most points, but not sure if I want artillery to be any less fragile. It's the kind of thing you should put far back so that it's not easy to get vision on it. Using a 150+ muni ability to destroy a 600mp (not sure of the cost) arti seems pretty fair to me.

A slight schrek nerf would be fine, but only if PGs would get a little armor buff (so that PGs become viable again, but can't be used as the main AT horde).
31 May 2014, 12:15 PM

You're not much of a reader, are you? It's not a nerf, it's a change. Either they should do more damage, lessen the price of PGs or shreks etc. This isn't a balance discussion, it's a suggestions for making the game more fun.

Oh sorry, thanks for the hint :)

Yeah could work :huh:.
31 May 2014, 13:59 PM

While i would like to see some of the proposed changes, i highly doubt it. Relic has been very busy atm, i dont think they are paying attention to the few details that dont create much of a fuss :/
31 May 2014, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 11:33 AMBurts

It will loose 100% of the time to grens in green cover.
31 May 2014, 15:18 PM

with pgrens, i would like to see the shrek miss more often at long ranges, making it so players that want a hit will want to get as close as possible.

too many times we see them lock target from very far away and then home in on their destination. just a few misses chucked in would be nice.
31 May 2014, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 15:13 PMKatitof

It will loose 100% of the time to grens in green cover.

Dang son, here is Mister Right of Coh2.org again!

31 May 2014, 16:05 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 12:11 PMCptEend
Using a 150+ muni ability to destroy a 600mp (not sure of the cost) arti seems pretty fair to me.

I guess we are in honest disagreement then, as it seems completely retarded to me.

Would you honestly ever spend 600MP to build something which will be instantly, utterly destroyed as soon as an opponent laid eyes on it, be it via scoutplane or long-sight units such as Elephant or SU85?

Would you ever NOT spend those munitions to destroy it, if the roles were reversed??

If the answer is no, then perhaps the situation is indeed retarded.

i dont think they are paying attention to the few details that dont create much of a fuss :/

Did you miss the endless list of Elephant/ISU metagame complaint-threads on this forum, or am I misunderstanding you?

31 May 2014, 16:08 PM

I don't know if anyone asked or said this before but I really do hope that other armies (Germans and Soviets included) will have the ability to move the crew outside of vehicle like Americans do.
31 May 2014, 16:15 PM

I don't know if anyone asked or said this before but I really do hope that other armies (Germans and Soviets included) will have the ability to move the crew outside of vehicle like Americans do.

American units come standard with vet 0 or vet abilities that in ost/soviet would take up a slot in a commander. I feel like the current commanders revealed for Americans hints that WFA has taken a long time to balance commander abilities in units to make commanders more unique overall. Ostheer and Soviets would need a commander and ability overhaul to allow then to do that, and i think that may be in their que for changes made to improve gameplay.
31 May 2014, 16:51 PM

I support all the ideas of Op completely.
31 May 2014, 16:56 PM

Redesign Soviet or remove it :/
31 May 2014, 18:08 PM
Donator 22

1. fix ISU and ele

2. fix soviet mine squad wipes

3. reduce soviet maxim crew to 5 members or increase reinforce cost

4. remove sprint from soviet sniper for another vet ability

5. heavy tanks require tech

6. pgrens buff

31 May 2014, 18:16 PM

1. Redesign Soviets completely.

2. Redesign Ostheer to remove useless unnecessities.

You can never fully fix something that has a problem by simply changing things here and there. You will have to scrap everything you currently have and start over. Since OKW and Americans are the byproducts of studying faultiness in the current core factions, they will end up being more balanced and fun to use because they have had 6 months to design them, avoiding the problems of Ost and Soviets from learning through past mistakes.
31 May 2014, 19:36 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 16:56 PMPorygon
Redesign Soviet or remove it :/

1. Redesign Soviets completely.

2. Redesign Ostheer to remove useless unnecessities.

Since this isn't within the realm of reality and the game is actually quite playable, you guys really aren't contributing to this thread.
31 May 2014, 19:45 PM

don't really understand why soviets are to be completely redesigned.
Soviets are pretty good.

1V1- balance is pretty good right now , better than EVER EVER before it has been atleast.
31 May 2014, 20:45 PM

I hope the next patch will be out before the WFA, I know it will not be, but I hope.
Cause balance will be fucked up entirely probably after the release.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★