Login

russian armor

StugE needs a slight tone down

5 Jun 2014, 15:22 PM

Currently, the problem is not the Stug III E overperforming, it's the T70 that's too expensive for its purpose. Stug can stun the T-34 and reverse back to the Pak, while T70 is dead meat when it meets Ostwind, Pz IV or heaven forbids, a Panther.
5 Jun 2014, 15:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Its just not an ignorable joke as it used to be. treat the StugE with great respect.
5 Jun 2014, 15:53 PM

StugE is just there for germans to have an easy mode.

Step 1: Spam T1+2 units
Step 2: Get 1 or 2 StugE @ 6cp
Step 3: Get tiger for easy win

The only counter a Soviet can field against this is going for an easy mode commander themselves, for example Guards motor.

The game would improve drastically if call-in tanks would require tech to get.
5 Jun 2014, 15:59 PM
Patrion 14

I think I remember that during beta call-in tanks actually required tech, but because of complaints from the community they changed that. Not sure what the reason was, but apparently making call-in tanks require tech isn't an optimal solution either.
5 Jun 2014, 15:59 PM

StugE is just there for germans to have an easy mode.

Step 1: Spam T1+2 units
Step 2: Get 1 or 2 StugE @ 6cp
Step 3: Get tiger for easy win

The only counter a Soviet can field against this is going for an easy mode commander themselves, for example Guards motor.

The game would improve drastically if call-in tanks would require tech to get.

Recently i had a game where me and my opponent built T3. It was amazing. Simply great. Everything was so nice.
5 Jun 2014, 16:20 PM

I think I remember that during beta call-in tanks actually required tech, but because of complaints from the community they changed that. Not sure what the reason was, but apparently making call-in tanks require tech isn't an optimal solution either.

Well, Beta was a completely different game from what we have today. Many things that didn't work then would work fine now.

For example, Pgrens used to obliterate infantry and a single schreck upgrade was deemed OP. Now, with Pgrens being a more tactical unit, a single schrek upgrade would probably work just fine.

Another example, tank call-ins used to be not that good. The IS-2 was both expensive and crap, T34/85s were overpriced, Tigers were ram-bait, ISU152s were the best way to throw games and the elephant was a team-game only unit. Now, all these units are a lot better. So much better in fact that these units are all we see and regular T3/4 units are barely build.

The only problems I see with tanks requiring tech are these:
1) Soviet armored assault doctrine would need a single T34/85 call in rather than double.
2) StugE would need a performance decrease (rate of fire perhaps) and a price decrease to make it significantly different from other german T3 tanks.
5 Jun 2014, 16:29 PM

Stug III E is fine as it is. Deal with it, you have plenty of tools to. If you still think is difficult to deal with it you need L2P. Period.
5 Jun 2014, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned
StugE??? So T70 too...
6 Jun 2014, 02:57 AM

The only problems I see with tanks requiring tech are these:
1) Soviet armored assault doctrine would need a single T34/85 call in rather than double.
2) StugE would need a performance decrease (rate of fire perhaps) and a price decrease to make it significantly different from other german T3 tanks.

1. It needs that already. 2 call-ins that are both very high price means you are much less likely to get full use out of the tree unless you play 3v3.

2. What's the logic in this one? If you do that, then it'll just be better to get a StuG G that can do the same job and still fight armour.
6 Jun 2014, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2014, 18:00 PMBravus
StugE??? So T70 too...

T70 op plz nerf ;)
6 Jun 2014, 05:16 AM

1. It needs that already. 2 call-ins that are both very high price means you are much less likely to get full use out of the tree unless you play 3v3.

2. What's the logic in this one? If you do that, then it'll just be better to get a StuG G that can do the same job and still fight armour.

What is with these treads of nerfing further german units or buffing soviets anyway (saw one referring to IS2 buff)? If there is anything urgent now, is fixing some german units that are used no more because they are a disaster (Examples: Panther, PzWerfer) . Secondly, fix some german units that are underperforming for their prices and for their roles (Example: Pzgrenadiers). THEN we can go on wondering if IS2 or Stug E or Santa Claus needs buffings or nerfs.
6 Jun 2014, 05:31 AM

What is with these treads of nerfing further german units or buffing soviets anyway (saw one referring to IS2 buff)? If there is anything urgent now, is fixing some german units that are used no more because they are a disaster (Examples: Panther, PzWerfer) . Secondly, fix some german units that are underperforming for their prices and for their roles (Example: Pzgrenadiers). THEN we can go on wondering if IS2 or Stug E or Santa Claus needs buffings or nerfs.

panther you are right, pwerfer, i would rather see the katyusha getting a buff, maybe pwerfer needs a buff too, both almost do nothing altho the pwerfer atleast kills stuff when you fire from close range, katyusha absolutely never does absolutely anything. I've tried it so many times dude.

Pgrens? I'm not sure, maybe armor buff, but i used them just fine yesterday..
6 Jun 2014, 05:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2014, 05:31 AMBurts

Pgrens? I'm not sure, maybe armor buff, but i used them just fine yesterday..

It's not like I can't find them an use. I did, eventually. One squad with pzschrecks, next to a pack can do good job against early soviet armor. Problem is that their purpose was altered and they are to expensive for what they do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★