Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
21 Jun 2014, 10:05 AM

I wonder when we'll be allowed to talk fully about the new versus old factions?.

Probably after release. Like the rest of us.
Its not like there can be real discussion on them anyways since theoverwhelming majority of us havent even had the opportunity to play yet. Makes for rather one sided "talk" till then.
21 Jun 2014, 10:08 AM

It's a show game Pory, FFS. A super-pro full of exploits seven minute match wouldn't really show much, would it?

That why I said it is good for showcase, but bad for watching for anyone who knows what's the meta in Alpha.
21 Jun 2014, 10:09 AM
Patrion 14

Probably after release. Like the rest of us.
Its not like there can be real discussion on them anyways since theoverwhelming majority of us havent even had the opportunity to play yet. Makes for rather one sided "talk" till then.

Yeah, because this sixty page thread has been really one-sided, hasn't it?
21 Jun 2014, 10:09 AM
Donator 33

Fewer resources because history? I wonder what the purchase discount represents then. Seems to me these two factors cancel and simply add a little pointless complexity to unit comparisons.

Also I don't think it includes manpower, although I'm just working from that video so could be wrong.
21 Jun 2014, 10:12 AM

Yeah, because this sixty page thread has been really one-sided, hasn't it?

Yes, it has indeed.
Glad you agree!
21 Jun 2014, 10:27 AM
Patrion 14

Don't be a dick. People have asked questions and received, within limits, answers.
21 Jun 2014, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2014, 10:01 AMPorygon

I dunno if I should say it is a nice choice or shit choice for choosing that game as the first cast, by Dane himself or Relic.

For the good side, it can be good for Relic marketing, because casting a long, stalling game can make more showcase.

HOWEVER,

Both side having a quite bad play, should dub it as MNF of the Western Front.

Dude you shouldn t expect a super pro game with These 2 completely new factions.People who already Play WFA didn t have much experience with the new armies.
21 Jun 2014, 12:22 PM

Damn panther still 175 fuel with current performance..and t-85 still 130/140 with same health better dps and better ai?
-_-

I'm looking at the jagdpanzer 4 with vet panzer 4 dual call in.

The us sherman seemed quite balanced though..will know for sure once use it for real if it has health issues..

My guess,soviets still most powerful faction all round.OKW most popular...to be replaced with usa after first patches or new premium commanders bringing pershing.
21 Jun 2014, 12:40 PM

Will you stop saying 34/85 got better DPS then panther?

Its 0.4 DPS difference.

To picture it to you-its a SINGLE conscript model atacking something at max range.

You really believe its that much of an advantage or just want to chant nerf sov buff ger?
21 Jun 2014, 12:53 PM

Don't be a dick.

Right back at you too.
Calling other people "dicks", pretty much qualifies as being a dick yourself.

Anyways, glad to see Relic open the envelope a bit for us to peak inside.
The video footage has convinced me to put in a preorder.

Im very impressed.

New maps, new units and even the UI seems to have been improved in small ways.
Its perhaps my imagination but the engagements seem to play out faster, more akin to vCoH.
Balance is a progressive process and Im not too worried about that.
It will only get better as the team has post-launch time to iron it out, and Im in in for the long run.

RTS is a rare genre these days, and Relic certainly is no newcomer to it.
21 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2014, 12:40 PMKatitof

Its 0.4 DPS difference.

To picture it to you-its a SINGLE conscript model atacking something at max range.

You really believe its that much of an advantage or just want to chant nerf sov buff ger?

Still it IS better DPS for a tank that costs 110 MP and 45 fucking fuel more,even without teching.Same health,speed.Way better AI for 85.Only thing panther got going is armor..it insane penetration is overkill and useless.It would have been far more useful with higher dps and penetration at 200.

Compare the diff between a panzer 4 and t-34/85 which costs only 40 mp and 15 fuel more but is vastly superior.
Now compare panther to t-85 and despite 110 mp and 45 fuel diff,the payoff in relative performance is far lower.
21 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM

Its 0.4 DPS difference.

That, infact, means it is better.

Katitof you should perhaps consider taking a small step back in your reactive posting.
Its getting to the point where you are contradicting yourself, to your own detriment, if you know what I mean.

Dont fall into that trap of becoming a shitposter. I, for one, believe you are capable of better than that.
Remember your dignity.
21 Jun 2014, 13:34 PM

I will, when he will stop making it sound like its 20% or more difference.
21 Jun 2014, 13:56 PM

I know what you mean, and why.

But I encourage you not to underestimate the intelligence and consideration of the lurking and reading population.

They may not speak out very often, but they do read, have brains, and see your posts for their actual content and value, same as they apply to those in opposition.

Make your point, backed up with evidence if possible, and leave it at that.
Dont let them drag you down to their level.

Its tough to remember and resist, but it comes down to this.
Your posts count for themselves with their own content. Those are what people read and judge your posts value for. Not your response to 100 idiots. You dont even need to respond. Your original post and content stands on its own.

Wait for those posters you respect, and whom are respectful, to respond to.
The rest are not worth the timenor effort.
21 Jun 2014, 14:08 PM

This.

Id have preferred if more casters had a chance earlier, but its great that the community at large and Relic both share some trust innhim, and he can be the go-to guy for a reliable cast on whats coming at us.

Well done, Dane!

I mightn't necessarily agree with his conclusions but his stuff is really good and pretty professional (he's only done like 1000 casts after all lol).
21 Jun 2014, 14:12 PM

I've seen three other rare tier commanders post private alpha, but I don't know the official count on how many there will be at launch in total. The ones that were accessible to me and could have been shown in my video were:

Elite Armored Doctrine (Signal Relay, Emergency Repairs, HEAT shells, Panzer Commander, and Vet P4 Ausf J. Battle Group)

Scavenge Doctrine (Thorough Salvage, Jaeger Light Inf Recon Squad, Infiltration Tactics, Flakpanzer IV Ostwind, and 105mm Howitzer Barrage)

Fortifications Doctrine (MG34 MG Team, Heavy Fortifications, Field Defenses - Mines / Bunkers, Pak 43 Emplacement, and Zeroing Artillery)

Yeah, go Jaeger!
21 Jun 2014, 14:35 PM

Very nice to see the best caster put up a video!
21 Jun 2014, 15:01 PM

Its 0.4 DPS difference.

Use a T34/85mm to shoot at an infantry squad => 95% they will retreat

Ues a Panther to shoot at an infantry squad => 95% will laugh at your face and keep moving.

It's not a a myth, it's a fact now that T34/85mm is doing way better anti-infantry compare to Panther ( Even after upgrade with Upper MG42 )
21 Jun 2014, 15:13 PM
Patrion 14

I know what you mean, and why.

But I encourage you not to underestimate the intelligence and consideration of the lurking and reading population.

They may not speak out very often, but they do read, have brains, and see your posts for their actual content and value, same as they apply to those in opposition.

Make your point, backed up with evidence if possible, and leave it at that.
Dont let them drag you down to their level.

Its tough to remember and resist, but it comes down to this.
Your posts count for themselves with their own content. Those are what people read and judge your posts value for. Not your response to 100 idiots. You dont even need to respond. Your original post and content stands on its own.

Wait for those posters you respect, and whom are respectful, to respond to.
The rest are not worth the timenor effort.

Thanks Yoda. Are you going to apply your own standards to your passive-aggressive snark?
21 Jun 2014, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2014, 15:01 PMKyle

Use a T34/85mm to shoot at an infantry squad => 95% they will retreat

Ues a Panther to shoot at an infantry squad => 95% will laugh at your face and keep moving.

It's not a a myth, it's a fact now that T34/85mm is doing way better anti-infantry compare to Panther ( Even after upgrade with Upper MG42 )

True true, if only Panther can hit tank reliably at max range. Relic should reduce Panther's scatter. For a high velocity AT gun, it misses an awful lot of times + awful AI capabilities = resources sink.
PAGES (75)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS