Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
20 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM

Level 50? so they're resetting the ranks? Or do you completely restart just because its alpha?

Everyone in alpha started fresh.

Nothing will be reset.
20 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM
Patrion 14

^ just for the alpha.
20 Jun 2014, 16:39 PM

Thanks. The Bar chart is organized awkwardly, though. It would be important to know how they came up with these categories and what metrics they entailed. Also, a name change for Ostheer.
I ranked them in order.

http://i.imgur.com/q47X49U.jpg

Strategic Flexibility

Wehr
OKW
US
Soviet

Durability

Soviet
OKW
Wehr
US

Firepower

OKW
Soviet
Wehr
US

Versatility

US
Wehr
Soviet
OKW

Mobility

US
Soviet
Wehr
OKW
20 Jun 2014, 16:44 PM

So basically by playing sov+usf you combine mobility and durability and by playing OKW+wehr you get firepower and strategic flexibility.

Herp derp rerik maed balance :D
20 Jun 2014, 16:49 PM

Firepower and strategic flexibility = Luftwaffe + Luftwaffe = 10 mins KT, GG no RE :D
20 Jun 2014, 16:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I can't wait to play mixed factions.
20 Jun 2014, 17:03 PM

Thanks. The Bar chart is organized awkwardly, though. It would be important to know how they came up with these categories and what metrics they entailed. Also, a name change for Ostheer.
I ranked them in order.

http://i.imgur.com/q47X49U.jpg

Strategic Flexibility

Wehr
OKW
US
Soviet

Durability

Soviet
OKW
Wehr
US

Firepower

OKW
Soviet
Wehr
US

Versatility

US
Wehr
Soviet
OKW

Mobility

US
Soviet
Wehr
OKW

Woah, germans op
20 Jun 2014, 17:16 PM

This one had me o_O

Mobility

Soviet
Wehr
20 Jun 2014, 17:18 PM

This one had me o_O

Mobility

Soviet
Wehr

Somehow US is third?
20 Jun 2014, 18:30 PM

Somehow US is third?

US is first dude, but tell me how on earth the soviets are more mobile than both german army?
20 Jun 2014, 18:40 PM

US is first dude, but tell me how on earth the soviets are more mobile than both german army?

Conscript oorah?
Faster setup maxims?
M3?
Faster tanks?

This probably adds up.

Now, I'd question soviets having more firepower then USF.
20 Jun 2014, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2014, 18:40 PMKatitof

Conscript oorah?
Faster setup maxims?
M3?
Faster tanks?

This probably adds up.

Now, I'd question soviets having more firepower then USF.

Indirect fire, heavy tanks, massed howitzers and arty.
Probably USF's firepower comes from the air and their armor is weaker than soviet
20 Jun 2014, 18:43 PM

Sorry, was looking at the wrong one. Yes, apprently USF have the least firepower -_-

Dem op shermans...
20 Jun 2014, 20:38 PM

20 Jun 2014, 20:40 PM

Coming in Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies The OberKommando West (OKW) are designed to reflect the German army of late 1944 – resurgent, on the offensive, built around battle hardened infantry, and using expensive, massively powerful tanks at a time when they were facing economic collapse. They also bring a new type of base building to the front lines, something that will give CoH2 players new variety of tactical options.

Like the Soviets and Wehrmacht factions of the base CoH2, the OKW begin with one base building – the Command Headquarters. This building allows them to produce their starting units such as the Sturmpioneer Squad.

Shortly after the game begins the OKW have a sWS Supply Half-track deployed, this is their second base unit. The Half-track can be converted into one of three potential base buildings but has to be positioned on any captured territory that is currently connected to their headquarters.

These buildings are:

Battlegroup Headquarters: offers a versatile mix of support and strike units needed by the battlegroup to recon enemy positions, barrage light targets and support infantry operations with armour. The Battlegroup HQ has a medic team that can heal nearby infantry and can act as a retreat point to reinforce units.
Mechanized Regiment Headquarters: supplies vehicles to counter any threat – infantry or armoured – that the enemy can field. Powerful anti-infantry and anti-tank options add dimension to attack or defense. The Mechanized Regiment HQ has attached engineers who can repair damaged vehicles. It is also capable of performing either a Fuel Transfer or a Munitions Transfer to help players boost the income of one type of resource at the expense of the other.
Schwerer Panzer Headquarters: orders in the most powerful infantry and armoured units – elite and heavy forces capable of smashing through enemy infantry, armoured units or concentrations of both. The Schwerer HQ is armed with a powerful 3.7cm flak cannon that can devastate enemy infantry and light vehicles.
The Half-tracks are deployed every 180 seconds (three minutes) after the last one has been converted into an HQ building or after one is destroyed. The Battlegroup and Mechanized HQs can be constructed in any order and the Schwerer HQ requires one of the first two buildings to be built out.

The placement of these buildings is where strategy comes in. Losing one of the HQ structures to an enemy attack could be devastating, so a conservative player may want to build out all three in their starting territory. However being able to have a retreat and reinforce point far up the map can be a powerful tactical advantage, and well worth the risk of losing your Battlegroup HQ. Placing the Schwerer HQ near a vital resource area or Victory Point can help defend it against enemy capture.

Combined with their elite infantry and heavy armour this unique base system makes the OberKommando West one of the most tactically interesting armies in the Company of Heroes franchise.
20 Jun 2014, 20:53 PM

Too bad it doesn't say what goes where, I was hoping to theorize build-orders to try.

I'm disappointed that the Flak gun is on the last truck though. By the time you get it, the enemy will have tanks and it won't be so useful anymore.
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 20 Jun 2014, 21:11 PM

Too bad it doesn't say what goes where, I was hoping to theorize build-orders to try.

I'm disappointed that the Flak gun is on the last truck though. By the time you get it, the enemy will have tanks and it won't be so useful anymore.

If you look at the unit profiles you can put some pieces together.

Edit: Also you can build the Flak building second if you want.
20 Jun 2014, 21:19 PM

Good point, maybe I should piece together a chart for everyone :P

Still, there's only a handful, things like the Luchs I don't know where they come from or when.
20 Jun 2014, 21:25 PM

I just realized that the Jaeger infantry squads that were leaked a while ago were probably the design inspiration or base for Panzerfusiliers/Pathfinders
20 Jun 2014, 21:25 PM

You're up for a surprise then.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment