Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
20 Jun 2014, 05:15 AM

I watched the kubels carefully in the preview and the key to using their suppression effectively is to shoot first. The price is also two hundred something. This probably means that a volksgren needs to up front, soaking it up.
20 Jun 2014, 05:21 AM
Patrion 14

Kubel strikes me as a a beefed-up version of the vCoH motorcycle.
20 Jun 2014, 05:22 AM

Kubel strikes me as a a beefed-up version of the vCoH motorcycle.

I see the opposite, except this thing have suppression.
However, some support and wreck for fuel later on is lovely.
20 Jun 2014, 05:27 AM

I dont see how anything can be more fragile than the vCoH motorcycle, one squad of riflemen were all that was needed to kill it. At least with suppression, you can keep your attackers from shooting.
20 Jun 2014, 05:43 AM

It's not that it's more fragile, it's that the M3 Scout Car is much stronger.

Seems like the Germans are destined to be on the backfoot, only this time, it's because the Soviets are able to deploy Scout Cars before the Germans have vehicles or AT :P
20 Jun 2014, 05:48 AM

It's not that it's more fragile, it's that the M3 Scout Car is much stronger.

Seems like the Germans are destined to be on the backfoot, only this time, it's because the Soviets are able to deploy Scout Cars before the Germans have vehicles or AT :P

Actually, if the kubelwagen stays in the base building, it can be your first unit built. The latest it could have moved is the first tier.

20 Jun 2014, 06:18 AM

Let me rephrase that; Armoured Car.
20 Jun 2014, 07:22 AM

So is Volk's sandbags the same as vCOH sandbag? I hate the Soviet version of sandbag.
20 Jun 2014, 08:05 AM

Hopefully kubel has good pathfinding..the bike was terrible when it tried to turn randomly.
20 Jun 2014, 08:07 AM

Well if volks can beat neither cons nor rifles their reinforce better be 20 odd.
20 Jun 2014, 08:10 AM

Well if volks can beat neither cons nor rifles their reinforce better be 20 odd.

looking at the unit profile, i think they will do exceptionally well with vet and kubel i think will be awesome becoz it will be able to reverse and coh2 has a reverse button. How it will handle guards remains to be seen.
20 Jun 2014, 09:11 AM

I don't expect kubel to handle guards...will be interesting if kubel gets protection from small arms fire by sandbags though.
20 Jun 2014, 09:54 AM

I hope the Kubel cannot handle guards, they're armed with AT rifles and are more expensive than it and are doctrinal...
20 Jun 2014, 10:03 AM

I hope the Kubel cannot handle guards, they're armed with AT rifles and are more expensive than it and are doctrinal...

no worries :P.. if guards can deal with a 222 AC.. im pretty sure they will handle a kubel. supression is thing to be looked out for
20 Jun 2014, 10:17 AM

so... now that the fuss over the 2 standard inf units has settled, lets rage on about the NDA and no beta policy again. i understand its only like 4 days till release, yet im super pissed
i want to see some proper OKW play or (even better) be able to try them myself
20 Jun 2014, 10:25 AM

If my steal library is to be trusted, there is press only WFA atm.
20 Jun 2014, 10:26 AM
Patrion 14

Volksgrenadiers are probaly weaker in the start because they are no solo units.. Just like in vCoH. If you rushed in with one Volk.. Wouldn't do much.
20 Jun 2014, 10:27 AM

Everybody will see the factions and will be free to try them out when the add-on will be released. I don't know why is everybody so angry. Balance discutions should not be carried out before one month of play anyway. Related to the decision "to buy or not to buy" all you need to know is this: there is an add-on to COH2. You like COH2? Yes? Then buy it and buy it now. It's cheaper. I bought it and I would have bought it even if I knew shit about units or features. Same with Opposing Fronts, same with Tales of Valor. All this hysterya it's probably because of this: "...ummm I don't know if I should buy these two factions because I don't know if they will give me the upper-hand in combat and I must know it for sure". Well, get this: even if they would give you an upper-hand, they shouldn't do it.
So you want something new to play and have fun with? Buy it. You want OP faction/units in order to grant you victory? You should stay then away from COH series anyway.
Damn' the spirit of competition is too damn high among this comunity.
Now feel free to hate me :).
20 Jun 2014, 10:32 AM

Everybody will see the factions and will be free to try them out when the add-on will be released. I don't know why is everybody so angry. Balance discutions should not be carried out before one month of play anyway. Related to the decision "to buy or not to buy" all you need to know is this: there is an add-on to COH2. You like COH2? Yes? Then buy it and buy it now. It's cheaper. I bought it and I would have bought it even if I knew shit about units or features. Same with Opposing Fronts, same with Tales of Valor. All this hysterya it's probably because of this: "...ummm I don't know if I should buy these two factions because I don't know if they will give me the upper-hand in combat and I must know it for sure". Well, get this: even if they would give you an upper-hand, they shouldn't do it.
So you want something new to play and have fun with? Buy it. You want OP faction/units in order to grant you victory? You should stay then away from COH series anyway.
Damn' the spirit of competition is too damn high among this comunity.
Now feel free to hate me :).

This is one of the very few things I can completely agree with you on.

It does actually sound as the questions is not "should I buy it" but "will it be OP enough for me".
20 Jun 2014, 11:22 AM

Riflemen has long range motor break-up to any vehicle? WTF?
PAGES (75)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS