Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
11 Jun 2014, 19:38 PM

I'm going to guess better mobility, slower turret, worse accuracy, and slightly worse armour. Based off real life of course, no idea what they'll actually be like in-game.
11 Jun 2014, 19:46 PM

Thanks for that. I am definitely curious about the new ones (if it is J rather than H) and how they are different from the Ausf Gs from coh2.

Worse turret rotation? Lower cost?

I'm guessing they will be a 34/85 like pair...better armour for sure..will certainly be overall better than ostheer pz 4..because
1)OKW don't have resources for spam..so if they get a medium tank it has to be good and survivable coz they can't trade 1 pz 4 for 1 sherman.
2)Its a late game call in..that u would expect to use when u can use non doctrinal panthers/king tigers/jagdpanzers.If it was not scalaeable lategame..it won't be used much.

Pair is a strong possibility as that increases the impact.

For sure skirts will make it quite strong vs bazookas and at nades.
11 Jun 2014, 19:52 PM

I'm guessing they will be a 34/85 like pair...better armour for sure..will certainly be overall better than ostheer pz 4..because

2)Its a late game call in..that u would expect to use when u can use non doctrinal panthers/king tigers/jagdpanzers.If it was not scalaeable lategame..it won't be used much.

It's indeed a battle group.
Current requirements - 9 CP.
11 Jun 2014, 20:19 PM

US Pathfinders are armed with M1 garands w/ scope. They carry radios.

11 Jun 2014, 20:23 PM

The double P4 call-in doesn't seem all that viable even with slightly better armor w/ anti-AT nade/AT rifle/bazooka bonuses. I largely expect this faction to operate @ 50% fuel vis a v Ostheer in most games. The Call-in is sure to cost a bundle- say 240 fuel or something around that.

1)OKW don't have resources for spam..so if they get a medium tank it has to be good and survivable coz they can't trade 1 pz 4 for 1 sherman.

For sure skirts will make it quite strong vs bazookas and at nades.
11 Jun 2014, 20:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Can you please start putting the quoted text first. it really bugs me reading this thread.
11 Jun 2014, 20:40 PM

The Pathfinder's radio represents their ability to set down a beacon to better the paratroopers' landing zone. Its kind of trivial to me to narrow the landing zone as there are many places in each map where there are wide open areas with no enemies milling around.
11 Jun 2014, 21:05 PM

Note the elongated engagement ranges of the FJ's. Their Fg42s have scopes on them.

11 Jun 2014, 21:12 PM

im really looking forward this, although i havent played coh2 yet. Now is probably a good time to start! ^_^
11 Jun 2014, 21:14 PM

Note the elongated engagement ranges of the FJ's. Their Fg42s have scopes on them.

Luftwaffe Ground Forces every day, all day. FG42 + Suppressive machine gun = toast infantry blobs (that is the recipe, right?). You can stop loads of infantry, and you can spend your fuel on tanks to counter other tanks. Hope the Jagdpanzer IV will do.
11 Jun 2014, 21:27 PM

Right, what about our 88 Flack cannon? I want my 88, wtf! Wehrmacht without 88 is like lemonade without lemon! >:(

It's more like a woman without Tits

Probaly in a dlc commander for 3 bucks.

I bet 10 bucks you are right about this, consider the example of B4 Commander

Goodbye so, except if there is some commanders i did not see

I'm also a tester and I don't think we got flak 88 in there

11 Jun 2014, 22:13 PM

This might be the 'Guards Motor' of OKW.

Although come to think of it, the USA has such good anti-infantry/soft target weapons which doesn't bode so well for the OKW.

Luftwaffe Ground Forces every day, all day. FG42 + Suppressive machine gun = toast infantry blobs (that is the recipe, right?). You can stop loads of infantry, and you can spend your fuel on tanks to counter other tanks. Hope the Jagdpanzer IV will do.

Gucci video of FG-42/II being fired. :

11 Jun 2014, 22:23 PM

Expecting OKW to be a hard faction to play, but also hard to win against if the player is good and experienced. There seems to be many ways you can go as OKW, which makes their build order unpredictable. Soviets are usually maxim spam/snipers-m3-guards into t34/85. With OKW, you can go sneaky Puma, Ranged Jagdpanzer, panther as your first tank, luchs-walking stuka-the mobile flak halftrack (Btw, how is that thing made?). And right when you think you are winning, a JagdTiger or KT can come out of nowhere. OKW's fuel can go anywhere, and im hoping that because of the harsh fuel, OKW infantry can counter Soviet/American infantry for a while, at least until the Allies get tanks in.

As well as powerful assault rifles and machine guns that seem to be effective at nearly all ranges - very few bolt action rifles.
11 Jun 2014, 22:33 PM

The modern day fg42 is the m60
12 Jun 2014, 00:02 AM

There is a US medic on the left. I don't recall seeing this unit before.

On the left here is the LW's buildable flak gun.

The sturmpioneer can build barbed wire.

But now I see a lot of sandbag blocks. The sturmpioneer's default ability doesn't include this but I'm thinking that there is a perk somewhere, and it may be included in LW as well.

http://minus.com/i/brm6tIzqG95Db
12 Jun 2014, 01:09 AM

But what's with the bazooka on the pathfinders?

That is the rifleman squad in front of it. And technically, all American infantry are allowed to buy bazookas, not sure if pathfinders can too.
12 Jun 2014, 01:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I am NOT saying there was a big change to OKW today. Definitely not saying that, because it definitely didn't happen. If it did, I wouldn't be able to say it anyway.

Because it didn't happen.
12 Jun 2014, 01:44 AM

I have a feeling OKW got a big change today.
12 Jun 2014, 01:46 AM

I hope I'm not breaking the NDA by saying Relic is doing a great job with balancing and listening to feedback and when WFA releases it's gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS