Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
1 Jun 2014, 09:27 AM

Probably under NDA, but do the old factions have responses to the new ones in voice lines?

Well, it wouldn't make much sense for Germans to call Americans Bolshevik, would it?
1 Jun 2014, 10:58 AM

A question about the riflemen, how do the Bars work out in terms of engagements, are they like the other lmgs in that they cannot be fired on the move, and where do they seem to do the best sort of damage?
1 Jun 2014, 11:50 AM

A question about the riflemen, how do the Bars work out in terms of engagements, are they like the other lmgs in that they cannot be fired on the move, and where do they seem to do the best sort of damage?

I think bars work like STG 44 for pgrens. Decent at long range, excels at midrange, good at close range.
1 Jun 2014, 12:04 PM

Bars fire on the move and excel at close to mid range.
1 Jun 2014, 12:14 PM
Patrion 14

When I saw the new trailers and the gameplay from the Relic team I pre-ordered :) Now I read this thread and from what I have seen, this patch will be a real Turning Point!
Can't wait to play the expansion!

I think a lot of people are worried Ostheer will not be balanced with the US. But I guess they had some rebalance to. MG42's with high damage? Wohoo!!

True, I think those smoke grenades for US from the start are kinda shitty, but doens't take away I'd love to play the expansion.
1 Jun 2014, 12:35 PM

When I saw the new trailers and the gameplay from the Relic team I pre-ordered :) Now I read this thread and from what I have seen, this patch will be a real Turning Point!
Can't wait to play the expansion!

I think a lot of people are worried Ostheer will not be balanced with the US. But I guess they had some rebalance to. MG42's with high damage? Wohoo!!

True, I think those smoke grenades for US from the start are kinda shitty, but doens't take away I'd love to play the expansion.

The best part is that even with all we have talked about there is still so much more. All this is maybe only 20% of the cool new stuff. And I think you are worrying a bit too much about the old factions. Even with all the stuff Americans have there are plenty of weaknesses to exploit.
1 Jun 2014, 13:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Well, it wouldn't make much sense for Germans to call Americans Bolshevik, would it?

Well, I guess he asked for new voicelines for e.g. Ostheer in which they call Americans Yankees, etc.
1 Jun 2014, 15:33 PM

Well to be fair, when OF was coming out, the Wehrmacht voice still said "The Americans are capturing a sector" and similar lines even if you were fighting a British player. So imo it's a valid question, and a concern I had in the back of my head too.
1 Jun 2014, 16:14 PM

Is the Panzer IV doctrinal or non-doctrinal? Somehow I doubt it's going to be a core AFV for the Axis again.
1 Jun 2014, 16:25 PM
Patrion 310

Great...a language chaos :). Tower of Babel... behold!
1 Jun 2014, 16:30 PM

Is the Panzer IV doctrinal or non-doctrinal? Somehow I doubt it's going to be a core AFV for the Axis again.

I fear it will be a non doctrinal Standard unit again.........instead of adding something new to the OKWs core Units like Hetzer, Marder III, Panzer III we will get the Panzer IV again......
1 Jun 2014, 16:46 PM

^
If you re-watch the trailer, it offers hints.

PE was based on fast & lightly armored AFV early to mid game (and then heavy armor late game), and I think the new OKW bears some similarities. The video shows halftracks of different types and also the Luchs/Puma.

So in the mid Game, the PE would not have proper medium armor against Shermans/TDs and instead relied on Marder III/Panzer IV short (or call-in Hetzers from TD doctrine).

PE did not have the panzer IV long, either. If I were to wager a guess, I'd say that Panzer IV is a doctrinal call-in for those people who want to 'even out the faction' during mid game.
1 Jun 2014, 16:54 PM

There's 2 Panzer IV's, and we don't know if they're doctrinal or not. One is probably an Ausf. F1 like the Command Tank, and the long barrel one which has a really weird muzzle break that I don't recognize, so I can't identify it.
1 Jun 2014, 17:02 PM

^^
Maybe, like PE.. the Panzer IV short is non-doctrinal, and the Panzer IV long is doctrinal?

1 Jun 2014, 17:09 PM

On second examination, the long barrel Panzer IV is most likely a Panzer IV Ausf. H, the muzzle break is exaggerated in size but that might just be a visibility thing (like how Conscripts are yellow or Grenadiers are bright camo, etc).

Which is weird because I've always assumed the OH Panzer IV was an H model, but maybe it was intended to be a G? Or maybe they're both H's interpreted by different modellers? Who knows.
1 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM

I suspect that the core Anti-tank AFV for OKW mid game is the Puma.
1 Jun 2014, 18:40 PM

I suspect that the core Anti-tank AFV for OKW mid game is the Puma.

Maybe Jagdpanzer IV/70 as T4 AT or maybe the Panther again which is also included in the OKW.....
And Panzer IV as T3 again....
1 Jun 2014, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 16:30 PMAffe

I fear it will be a non doctrinal Standard unit again.........instead of adding something new to the OKWs core Units like Hetzer, Marder III, Panzer III we will get the Panzer IV again......

- PanzerIV and Panther tanks were standard equipment in a Panzerdivision in 44. There was no other MBT for the germans.
- Hetzer and Marder are no tanks, but tankhunters. Comparing them to vehicles like PanzerIV in terms of replacment is wrong. Panzerdivisions sometimes used Stugs, if they had no tanks avaiable, but the fighting capacity was limited.
- The PanzerIII was already dated at the time of the allied invasion and the ones remaining converted into the Ausf.N, a anti infantry version. They could fight enemy tanks with a Hohlladungsgranate, but that was not its main duty.

There is not much option here other than PanzerIV and Panther or do you like a faction without tanks, which relies on doctrinal call inns?
1 Jun 2014, 19:12 PM

And StuG's are already in Ostheer, so he'd complain about those too :P
1 Jun 2014, 19:16 PM

- PanzerIV and Panther tanks were standard equipment in a Panzerdivision in 44. There was no other MBT for the germans.
- Hetzer and Marder are no tanks, but tankhunters. Comparing them to vehicles like PanzerIV in terms of replacment is wrong. Panzerdivisions sometimes used Stugs, if they had no tanks avaiable, but the fighting capacity was limited.
- The PanzerIII was already dated at the time of the allied invasion and the ones remaining converted into the Ausf.N, a anti infantry version. They could fight enemy tanks with a Hohlladungsgranate, but that was not its main duty.

There is not much option here other than PanzerIV and Panther or do you like a faction without tanks, which relies on doctrinal call inns?

I would like to see a faction that is based on tank hunters, good infantry and maybe Flak 88 as a Pak replacement instead of adding old stuff from the Ostheer again to a new faction.This would be different then a Panzer IV or Panther again but "different" doesn t mean automatically bad.

Panzer II and III could deal with infantry and lighter tanks and the Tankhunters Jagdpanzer IV/70, Hetzer and Marder III deal with the enemys tanks. This would be much more interesting than a faction that uses Panzer IV and Panther again.

But i see i m the only one here in the Forum that want to see something new all others want to have a Ostheer clone with the same tanks again.
PAGES (75)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 63
Germany 31
unknown 31
Brazil 3
United Kingdom 86
United States 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias