Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
20 Jun 2014, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2014, 23:09 PMNoun

You're allowed to talk about anything that's been posted publicly.

Well that's a relief.
20 Jun 2014, 23:17 PM

Can you guys talk about Schwerer Panzer HQ and how effective its gun is at the time of its deployment? Silly question, but it irks me if the enemy can field something which is immune to it.
20 Jun 2014, 23:21 PM

Can you guys talk about Schwerer Panzer HQ and how effective its gun is at the time of its deployment? Silly question, but it irks me if the enemy can field something which is immune to it.
Well the building can come in around the same time as T3 level buildings start coming up. It's effective against light vehicles and infantry so you can sort of extrapilate what you can from that. It obviously can be useful, but your opponent will most likely be able to start building counters around the same time.
20 Jun 2014, 23:27 PM

your opponent will most likely be able to start building counters around the same time.

I guess that is the point of it being moved to a different truck. Can i assume Battlegroup HQ and Mechanized Regiment HQ work like Repair and Medic CP's where there are 4 medics/sturmpioneers that do their job out of combat, but in combat they hide? Also, would it be allowed to talk if Battlegroup HQ has an actual upgrade to become a new retreat point (that its not automatic), and probably asking for its price is pushing it.
20 Jun 2014, 23:34 PM
Patrion 14

You know nothing, Jon Braciszek..
20 Jun 2014, 23:34 PM

What is important here is what is not said:

-Ergo, The buildings are no longer linked to vital resources like before so one can either build all in starting territory or place them far forward as a forward HQ.

The placement of these buildings is where strategy comes in. Losing one of the HQ structures to an enemy attack could be devastating, so a conservative player may want to build out all three in their starting territory. However being able to have a retreat and reinforce point far up the map can be a powerful tactical advantage, and well worth the risk of losing your Battlegroup HQ. Placing the Schwerer HQ near a vital resource area or Victory Point can help defend it against enemy capture.
20 Jun 2014, 23:42 PM

"Panzerschrecks" Volks can only have one each, they cost a bit, and my quadmounts will chew them up. They can have mines OR panzerschrecks at the time i make my fast armor rush. But that depends on how much mines cost, and their performance against vehicles. AT guns scare pumas easy. My build order is flexible enough to replace for a ZiS-3.

Believe me, if a player sees you gonna go for an early tank rush, one can prepare and counter your ass harder than you'd ever imagine, since the okw is a hard counter faction(as stated on their new info chart about factions).

I guess that is the point of it being moved to a different truck. Can i assume Battlegroup HQ and Mechanized Regiment HQ work like Repair and Medic CP's where there are 4 medics/sturmpioneers that do their job out of combat, but in combat they hide? Also, would it be allowed to talk if Battlegroup HQ has an actual upgrade to become a new retreat point (that its not automatic), and probably asking for its price is pushing it.

They work like repair and medic stations on lazur factory. So your engineers and medics can get killed, but respawn automatically after some time.
Like it's stated on the blog entry; the retreat point is an upgrade, but not a cheap one. If you upgrade too early you definitely will sacrifice early map control for it.

20 Jun 2014, 23:43 PM

No prices since that would be balance, but the retreat point is an upgrade(that can be turned on or off)and the engineers and madics act the same way as repair bunkers industry can build or the medics at the soviet base.
20 Jun 2014, 23:54 PM

Believe me, if a player sees you gonna go for an early tank rush, one can prepare and counter your ass harder than you'd ever imagine, since the okw is a hard counter faction(as stated on their new info chart about factions).

Ill need to see how early OKW can get AT counters. The best Ostheer can do to counter is to prevent me from getting the fuel in the first place. Fuel spent for tier 2 - once 120 fuel is achieved (usually helped by fuel cache) tier 3 is under construction instantly and usually when tier 3 is built, CP 3 is reached and i have saved manpower and fuel to que 2 quadmounts (along with 240 muni available) so both are built under 3 seconds and instantly given the upgrade while they are still offmap. They continue driving straight on at the enemy, both getting quadmount right when they meet the first enemy. Either mass panzerfaust or lucky pak 40 (usually flanked and destroyed) can kill it. Then a t34 is built right when 100 fuel is gained, and i have full control of mid. This works best in 2v2, obviously SI does not work in 1v1. But the enemy cant determine when and where vehicles come out.

I need to see OKW first.
21 Jun 2014, 00:00 AM

"Panzerschrecks" Volks can only have one each, they cost a bit, and my quadmounts will chew them up. They can have mines OR panzerschrecks at the time i make my fast armor rush. But that depends on how much mines cost, and their performance against vehicles. AT guns scare pumas easy. My build order is flexible enough to replace for a ZiS-3.

What about the hidden puppchens?
21 Jun 2014, 00:04 AM

What about the hidden puppchens?

Normal people like us dont really know when real AT comes out.

If tanks like luchs are out when those quadmounts come out - well, thats going to be a problem.
21 Jun 2014, 00:12 AM

What is important here is what is not said:

-Ergo, The buildings are no longer linked to vital resources like before so one can either build all in starting territory or place them far forward as a forward HQ.

This is a key point..maybe resource system was adjusted...but then at least before if OKW had 1 fuel point with a truck on it could get enough fuel to keep a good income...with this it would seem even u take a fuel and camp around it or gain territorial control..it would still not much improve ur fuel situation as trucks will no longer f give u that 14 fuel.

Surely there was some compensation done...

Also with this system will it be worth it to push forward anything save the repair cum conversion building and the forward HQ...third truck..the costliest/most valuable would only have a anti inf light vehicle gun,and would come as probably second truck mid-late game when tanks or at guns are in.Will the risk of pushing it forward just for the gun be worth it?I don't know..especially if u lose it 3 minute wait..plus conversion cost and time..and it will have KT plus obersoldaten.If trucks are no longer connected to resources,pushing forward the final truck seems a bit redundant unless ur desperate.
21 Jun 2014, 00:14 AM

Normal people like us dont really know when real AT comes out.

If tanks like luchs are out when those quadmounts come out - well, thats going to be a problem.

Do i sense a resurgence of the t-70?
21 Jun 2014, 00:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I thought the king tiger came from the truck that is in your base when the game starts
21 Jun 2014, 00:20 AM

No prices since that would be balance, but the retreat point is an upgrade(that can be turned on or off)and the engineers and madics act the same way as repair bunkers industry can build or the medics at the soviet base.

What can u tell us about

1]the fallschirmjager chemical grenade?

2]The bazooka

3}Volksgrenadiers

4)The sturmpio and volks grenades?

5)Sherman as an AT platform.
21 Jun 2014, 00:24 AM

I believe that the high risk resource system which involved buildings on fuel/muni points or GG was done away with.

The buildings turned from a liability to a forward HQ choice.

They removed the OKW video because the resource system presentation was worthless due to the changes- It makes sense because the original system sounds rather dubious and vulnerable to indirect fire/exploitation.

The units, as we know, have been juggled around which effects build order.

This is a key point..maybe resource system was adjusted...but then at least before if OKW had 1 fuel point with a truck on it could get enough fuel to keep a good income...with this it would seem even u take a fuel and camp around it or gain territorial control..it would still not much improve ur fuel situation as trucks will no longer f give u that 14 fuel.
21 Jun 2014, 00:58 AM

Do i sense a resurgence of the t-70?

No, i can easily survive for another 25 fuel.
21 Jun 2014, 01:03 AM

No, i can easily survive for another 25 fuel.

Not if it gets a price decrease and not if a fast luchs possibility is breathing down ur neck.Otherwise there's always guards whose rifles will be effective enough,at grenades,mines and zis.
21 Jun 2014, 01:06 AM

What can u tell us about

1]the fallschirmjager chemical grenade?

2]The bazooka

3}Volksgrenadiers

4)The sturmpio and volks grenades?

5)Sherman as an AT platform.

1- similiar to smoke grenade but apart from denying vision it slows down units and does damage over time in the area it is deployed

2- bazooka is like pshreck but weaker

3- volks look similiar to cons but with some better defensive power (purely ideal in cover)

4 - volks grenades are like shock troops grenade but german version. stpio is most stun i think(not sure)

5 - Is good more as AT than AI but only good in numbers (just like the current one)
21 Jun 2014, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2014, 23:09 PMNoun

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2014, 22:34 PMKatitof
Can't talk about recent stuff on the blog, its under NDA(no, its not a joke, it is under NDA so much that it was mentioned TWICE on the NO TALK list).

You're allowed to talk about anything that's been posted publicly.

PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS