Login

russian armor

Osttruppen

24 May 2014, 21:40 PM

So, stats say they have 80hp per entity, but to me they seem to have same effective health as gren squad.
Anyone else have this feel? Could a stat digger see and check that?

Comparing the DPS, cons should kill osttruppen about 50% faster then osttruppen kill cons, that also doesn't seem to be the case(using same cover) as cons seem to be doing over twice the DPS of osttruppen, unless they don't have 80 hp per entity as they should.

That would also explain their awful performance with the current cost as they were given "this patch" costs and weapon performance, but it seems like their survivability is exactly the same as when it was when they were still 120mp.

Yes, I remember that small arms got more lethal, but comparing their DPS alone against cons in same cover leaves the engagement with much bigger con advantage then the raw numbers tell, yes, I have repeated it quite a few times and the outcome was always the same.

It does feel like they still have 48hp per entity instead of supposed 80.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was right about this, considering partisans can have 160hp since march deployment as well.
24 May 2014, 23:48 PM

Out of curiosity, I went and tested this, using S-Mines (40 damage) as a unit of measurement. 1 S-Mine took out half of the Osttruppen's health, which means they do indeed have 80. Same for the Grenadier and the Partisan.

It might just feels like they die faster because their rifles do 8 damage instead of 16, so when you get a hit it ticks off a very small part of their health bar, but when they hit you, it's a much larger chunk removed.
25 May 2014, 03:06 AM

well, i guess since they kill of let's say cons slower than grens so that means cons retain more dps over time against osttruppen than against grens.

if that makes sense
25 May 2014, 03:45 AM

Relic reduced Ostruppen damage back to 8 for some reason, I don't know why Relic feels like lowering their damage.
25 May 2014, 03:55 AM

I think their HP is just about right- its the half DPS that makes them look weaker.

They are good for emergency capping needs and recrewing support weapons but otherwise it's grens.. I like the mobile defense ostruppen raffle, though.
25 May 2014, 04:14 AM

They reduced their damage but doubled their accuracy. It was because they wanted them to deal more consistent damage, they would rather than hit half their shots for low damage instead of a couple of their shots for high damage.
25 May 2014, 04:17 AM

How does the accuracy and dps compare to grens?
25 May 2014, 06:26 AM

Fuck useless osttruppen, just give us Volksgren and Volksstrum.

2 Osttrupen in yellow cover can't even win a cons in yellow cover.
25 May 2014, 07:52 AM

How does the accuracy and dps compare to grens?

Very poor, honestly. Damage output at point blank with the cover bonus is nearly identical to the Crew MP 40 (AT Gun, MG Crew, etc). Individually it's higher than Conscripts at point blank, but not by much. In theory they should beat Conscripts if both sides are in equal cover. Maybe I'll look into it tomorrow, but it's too late tonight.
25 May 2014, 08:12 AM

Out of curiosity, I went and tested this, using S-Mines (40 damage) as a unit of measurement. 1 S-Mine took out half of the Osttruppen's health, which means they do indeed have 80. Same for the Grenadier and the Partisan.

It might just feels like they die faster because their rifles do 8 damage instead of 16, so when you get a hit it ticks off a very small part of their health bar, but when they hit you, it's a much larger chunk removed.

Well, mines aren't the best source to test this. You can hit just one model with them or you can hit 3 models, you can't reliably determine who got hit and who got not, cons for example will loose half hp of s-mine only if they are bunching up, usually it takes 3-4 of them to squad wipe, 2 are quite rare.

I've based my assumption on the portion of health they are getting lost after being hit by a con rifle and to me it seems like their health loss is more on the level of gren health bar loss, then actual con, which they are supposed to have same effective HP.

Regarding DPS, they are apparently supposed to have around 11 DPS as a squad, while cons have 17.
At long range they are supposed to have around 3.8 while cons around 4.5.

So while there is a difference, it just doesn't feel right.
25 May 2014, 10:12 AM

Very poor, honestly. Damage output at point blank with the cover bonus is nearly identical to the Crew MP 40 (AT Gun, MG Crew, etc). Individually it's higher than Conscripts at point blank, but not by much. In theory they should beat Conscripts if both sides are in equal cover. Maybe I'll look into it tomorrow, but it's too late tonight.

If you look at the new coh 2 stats. conscripts out dps osttruppen 2 times and grens 4 times all the while in cover. osttruppen should be at least on par with a conscript squad when it comes to dps
25 May 2014, 12:19 PM

Its not really 2x against conscripts, but these guys definitely need some love.

Either price cut or rifle buff if after all they do have 80hp as they are supposed to, which I'm still skeptical about.
25 May 2014, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2014, 08:12 AMKatitof
Well, mines aren't the best source to test this. You can hit just one model with them or you can hit 3 models, you can't reliably determine who got hit and who got not, cons for example will loose half hp of s-mine only if they are bunching up, usually it takes 3-4 of them to squad wipe, 2 are quite rare.

Taken into account. I didn't use squads, I just used the models. You can spawn infantry and vehicle models without them being part of a squad, so it'll show only their health and not squad health. The Osttruppen model had 50% health left, same as the Grenadier model and various other. The only difference was SP Osttruppen and Sniper.

After my shower I'll throw together another couple scenarios to test their DPS vs Conscripts in various situations.

Edit:

Results are in, 1v1 Osttruppen lost in every single scenario :P

Note that these were all equal fights, with the Osttruppen cover bonus applied in each one. Osttruppen in cover vs an enemy in open ground is more favoured, but if the enemy has cover to, it's slightly to the Conscripts. Nearly anything would shift the balance in their favour, but they can't do it by themselves.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86
Netherlands 1
Netherlands 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak