Login

russian armor

Guards + Sniper Combo.. hilariously easy

22 May 2014, 03:08 AM

3 Cons, 2 snipes, 2 guards--> spam t34, call in 2 t34/85s. Good game :)
22 May 2014, 03:09 AM

3 Cons, 2 snipes, 2 guards--> spam t34, call in 2 t34/85s. Good game :)

What I can tell you is.... NOOB. :D
22 May 2014, 03:10 AM

Won't really work in 1v1 anymore. Still really strong in 2v2 although I prefer Sniper, Sniper, Con, M3, Guard, Guard. Actually requires a lot more micro than most people give it credit for.
22 May 2014, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 03:10 AMCieZ
Won't really work in 1v1 anymore. Still really strong in 2v2 although I prefer Sniper, Sniper, Con, M3, Guard, Guard. Actually requires a lot more micro than most people give it credit for.

It might cost a lot of micro but if annything is hard to beat at the moment its double sniper with m3's and Guards. Scoutcars will get beaten by mines and guards, sniper is no option because countersnipe and M3. So how are you suposed to counter this abuse?
22 May 2014, 12:19 PM

works on langres in 1v1
22 May 2014, 12:25 PM

It might cost a lot of micro but if annything is hard to beat at the moment its double sniper with m3's and Guards. Scoutcars will get beaten by mines and guards, sniper is no option because countersnipe and M3. So how are you suposed to counter this abuse?

I LOLd
22 May 2014, 12:26 PM

works on langres in 1v1

That map isn't really balanced with CoH2 gameplay in mind.
None of the CoH1 maps is good for current armies due to how they work and this one is full of possible abuses.

Bunker on north cutoff? Maxim spam? Snipers working on extremely open map(who would have thought it'll work here!), 251 with grens snowball push, base to base artyfest.

Relic was lazy with implementing this map for 1v1 instead of creating the map that actually suits CoH2 gameplay.
Just compare this map to Kholodny and you'll know what I mean.

Have you noticed that worst things that happen in 1v1 are mostly on this map?
22 May 2014, 12:33 PM

3 Cons, 2 snipes, 2 guards--> spam t34, call in 2 t34/85s

Don't see that variation of it too much, as it's generally not a strat where you have the extra fuel to go t3 and get t34's followed by the call in ;)

Sniper, 3 cons, sniper, AT nades, Guard, T2, Zis Gun and lots of mines into ISU is a pretty viable 1v1 strat imo on some maps. Add in a 2nd zis/Guard as needed.

To counter it, Ostheer sniper and a mortar halftrack on open maps+good micro (and some luck vs someone who knows how to micro their soviet snipers). On minsk, Camo on grens is workable with cover abound everywhere.

22 May 2014, 12:41 PM

I'd say your best bet is indirect fire against snipers and shrecks to keep M3 at bay.

And obviously daily prayer to the RNG god.

22 May 2014, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 12:26 PMKatitof

That map isn't really balanced with CoH2 gameplay in mind.
None of the CoH1 maps is good for current armies due to how they work and this one is full of possible abuses.

Bunker on north cutoff? Maxim spam? Snipers working on extremely open map(who would have thought it'll work here!), 251 with grens snowball push, base to base artyfest.

Relic was lazy with implementing this map for 1v1 instead of creating the map that actually suits CoH2 gameplay.
Just compare this map to Kholodny and you'll know what I mean.

Have you noticed that worst things that happen in 1v1 are mostly on this map?

true, true. Either change that or give more veto... Also Kharkov kinda Sov favored
22 May 2014, 13:32 PM

It's a strong combo when used by a skilled player.
Specially in 2v2 it's gad dang strong to counter.
22 May 2014, 13:34 PM

I think this impossible to counter in 2v2 without luck.

Look at the documentation here on this thread listing all threads asking for a viable strategy that can be replicated without RNG luck and NO ONE is able to give a good answer in any of the threads:

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/53185-2v2-replay-for-balance-purposes
22 May 2014, 14:28 PM

In 1v1 its pretty hard, in 2v2, its near impossible to counter. MorgolKing is right, everyone loves to say how they can "easily" counter it, but nobody ever coughs up any evidence or replays. I play 2v2s a lot more than 1v1s now and getting to top 20 means encountering decent players who use that abusive (YES VERY ABUSIVE STRAT) strat, what can i say I use it to, its damn hard to beat.

Not quite sure how to balance it, snipers even less likely to survive getting fired at? I have had the privilege to catch snipers on good flank moves with grens but they will just retreat losing one model or just some health. Great reward for flanking. Even if your lucky and catch them with the scout car while they are retreating, you better hope the retreat path is long, has no mines, and has no guards or cons with at nades (which most likely they always will).
22 May 2014, 14:35 PM

In 1v1 its pretty hard, in 2v2, its near impossible to counter. MorgolKing is right, everyone loves to say how they can "easily" counter it, but nobody ever coughs up any evidence or replays. I play 2v2s a lot more than 1v1s now and getting to top 20 means encountering decent players who use that abusive (YES VERY ABUSIVE STRAT) strat, what can i say I use it to, its damn hard to beat.

Not quite sure how to balance it, snipers even less likely to survive getting fired at? I have had the privilege to catch snipers on good flank moves with grens but they will just retreat losing one model or just some health. Great reward for flanking. Even if your lucky and catch them with the scout car while they are retreating, you better hope the retreat path is long, has no mines, and has no guards or cons with at nades (which most likely they always will).

I think there is a game mode lack of communication. I dont think its tough to beat on most 1v1 maps personally. But I dont really 2v2 as Ost so I dont know.

Rushing a blob of grens at a sniper team will allow it to get one shot off and it will retreat. Not like there are maxims to to stop blobbing with snipers on the map. Thats my typical strat. If I see a sniper i just go into full on Gren spam mode then blob the shit out of them.
22 May 2014, 14:41 PM

In 2v2 there would be support. In 1v1 not so much, thats why i said 1v1 its difficult but 2v2 near impossible. Try a few matches vs the high ranking players in 2v2 sov, you will see. I see why you dont play Germans in 2v2 :P.
22 May 2014, 16:38 PM

In 2v2 there would be support. In 1v1 not so much, thats why i said 1v1 its difficult but 2v2 near impossible. Try a few matches vs the high ranking players in 2v2 sov, you will see. I see why you dont play Germans in 2v2 :P.

Nah its mainly because I dont play alot of team games period and most my buddies are better with Soviets. I havent played a single 2v2 this patch in fact with either side. UGH i am sure it would be ROUGH since I am so far behind in the meta....

But Super Mario Party mode with Ost i play now and again (3v3, 4v4) just for the pure joy of building Ze Panther tank.
22 May 2014, 18:55 PM

Just a thought : What if they made snipers unable to retreat?
Germans have MG in T1 so conscripts still can't just oorah and auto kill from the front but at least catching snipers with their pants down would be worth a lot more (especially since russians can't build maxim in t1 but have double survivability) .
Obviously mp cost and fire rate can be modified but I think this mechanic may solve the rambo sniper problem.
22 May 2014, 18:55 PM

Permanently Banned
agreed ... sniper and guards spam absolutely no chance. Combine this with super early M3 and soviets just get fuel for T34 and fast to ISU. GG
22 May 2014, 20:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 03:10 AMCieZ

That´s why i don´t use BOTH at the beggining. I prefer to be agressive with the M3 rather than with snipers.

@MorgolKing
This is mostly our thought process for double sniper opening. Have to say i don´t remember seeing M3 in combination with double snipers being used on the early game too frequently, because of what Ciez actually said.

-After your 2nd/3rd unit you know what are you facing. How early you might know this is due to capping and map presence.
-After you receive your first shot, avoid direct engagements, help your partner, use LOS. He wants to keep both sniper together and he doesnt have as much units as you to cap. So don´t worry about that ATM.

At this stage you either know if facing con spam or T2 from the other guy.

-Not going gren heavy. Gone are the days of G43 gren blob.
-Sniper: it´s actual job is to slow down the enemy sniper job and bleed it. Use incendiary round when available
-Normal mortar. 2nd (not early) when heavy support weapon/depending of the map.
-222 helps to keep map presence all around the map. Double 222 to bleed your opponent and not bleed yourselve, specially if M3.
-MHT with 222s into Tiger is also an option.

Nothing i have said it´s new. It´s a matter of execution and not falling to the pressure of the snipers.

222:
-It may forces AT nades which delays tech. If they just rely on Guards and Zis you have more space to roam around.
-DONT GET CLOSE to M3 guards, UNLESS you are sure you are killing it. See 222 pushing > Get guards out > button > use M3 MG + PTRS = Goodbye 222. Be careful at what you are shooting at with the 222 when M3 Guards are near. I use the time where you are shooting at something else to burst shot at the 222.

Mines:
-Against double sniper i get double pios with minesweepers, specially if i go with 222s. What is he going to spend his muni on besides mines and DPs?

Mobile defense:
-Osstruppen are your meatshields against snipers while Puma will deal with anything besides T34/Sherman spam.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★