Login

russian armor

T34/85 is way too overpowered(proof inside)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
21 May 2014, 15:35 PM

Holy shit, did spajn just try to deny the holocaust. I think it's time someone put this thread to an end. I think someone needs to put this thread to an end, it's starting to look like neo-nazi general.
21 May 2014, 15:43 PM

It's rapidly becoming a mix of neo-nazi and pro-soviet, I agree it needs to end but there aren't any moderators online. I checked :(
21 May 2014, 15:48 PM

21 May 2014, 15:49 PM

morten I have never seen that used in a more relevant context, fantastic!
21 May 2014, 15:50 PM

Actually estimates ran into the millions for American troops, and much much higher for the Japanese. Here's a fun fact for you: 500,000 Purple Heart medals were manufactured in anticipation of this invasion, we still have over 100,000 left today.

Try a Free-to-Play game, or a MOBA, those types attract the absolute worst people. CoH's community doesn't come close.

This is just unnecessary and would only divide the community along faction lines further. "Why doesn't the guy with "Guard" in his name get banned?", "Why is the guy denying Soviet genocide not banned too?", etc.

Hello there Mr. Someguy.

I used to play World of tanks, then dropped it as it is a Pay to win game. however I still play Dota 2. Both are free to play games,both have childish communities filled with trolls and insults but none of them are really serious.

Free to play communities are annoying, I know, but not revolting, never met a genuine neo-nazi or fascist there.

CoH franchise appeals to closeted neo-nazis, it gives them the opportunity to play as the german forces are realize their Third Reich fantasies. But by all means this does not mean that anyone who plays as ostheer is a neo-nazi, I play both factions myself. The Neo-nazi are a minority.

I remember reading a post reply by Noun in the official relic forums about the absence of chat lobby in CoH2. The decision was based on complaints by the German government, as some german chat channels were filled by Neo-Nazis wanting to clean germany from sub-human immigrants.

You can see the difference between a stupid dota 2 troll that spouts insults while feeding couriers to the other team and a brainwashed neo-nazi consumed by hate and ignorance. One is annoying yet harmless the other is a dangerous threat. That is what I mean by the community being the worst I've met in gaming.

Lastly, I think that the majority of CoH players are european. Most european countries have a legislation on nazism and hate speech and it is not tolerated to use SS tags or Nazi heraldry. There is however no legislation on stalinism or soviet purges. Simply put their is an undisputed consensus on the condemnation (legal & moral) on the Nazi holocaust, but not on the Stalinist purges as the latter did not affect western europe. Using Guard tag is not offensive, it can refer to anything from security guard to red army guard and anything in between.

However using an SS tag, the Death Head SS emblem, and so on is illegal and offensive in many countries.

Regards.

Edit: I still would want a reply from a moderator on my first inquiry before this thread is closed. I'm pretty upset by this thread.

Edit 2: If banning seems too harsh for some, players with SS or any nazi stuff should get a suspension and an obligation to change their user name/avatar to something less radically offensive.
21 May 2014, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2014, 15:50 PMFrencho

Hello there Mr. Someguy.

I used to play World of tanks, then dropped it as it is a Pay to win game. however I still play Dota 2. Both are free to play games,both have childish communities filled with trolls and insults but none of them are really serious.

Free to play communities are annoying, I know, but not revolting, never met a genuine neo-nazi or fascist there.

CoH franchise appeals to closeted neo-nazis, it gives them the opportunity to play as the german forces are realize their Third Reich fantasies. But by all means this does not mean that anyone who plays as ostheer is a neo-nazi, I play both factions myself. The Neo-nazi are a minority.

I remember reading a post reply by Noun in the official relic forums about the absence of chat lobby in CoH2. The decision was based on complaints by the German government, as some german chat channels were filled by Neo-Nazis wanting to clean germany from sub-human immigrants.

You can see the difference between a stupid dota 2 troll that spouts insults while feeding couriers to the other team and a brainwashed neo-nazi consumed by hate and ignorance. One is annoying yet harmless the other is a dangerous threat. That is what I mean by the community being the worst I've met in gaming.

Lastly, I think that the majority of CoH players are european. Most european countries have a legislation on nazism and hate speech and it is not tolerated to use SS tags or Nazi heraldry. There is however no legislation on stalinism or soviet purges. Simply put their is an undisputed consensus on the condemnation (legal & moral) on the Nazi holocaust, but not on the Stalinist purges as the latter did not affect western europe. Using Guard tag is not offensive, it can refer to anything from security guard to red army guard and anything in between.

However using an SS tag, the Death Head SS emblem, and so on is illegal and offensive in many countries.

Regards.

well, there were 2 types of SS. One type was the Waffen SS, which generally meant combat troops , and then theres the other type of SS, everyone knows what they did.

Then again that doesn't mean the Waffen SS didint do war crimes... But pretty much everyone did those.
21 May 2014, 15:59 PM

Hello there Mr. Someguy.

Regards.

welcome to the internet :welcome:

21 May 2014, 16:07 PM

Regards.

Edit: I still would want a reply from a moderator on my first inquiry before this thread is closed. I'm pretty upset by this thread.

If this community is so bad and you're so disgusted by it, why are you here? You're freaking out on someone for having "SS" in their name. Just because he has SS in his name does not mean he supports facism or hitler or the holocaust.

I don't think COH supports facism or appeals to closet nazi's more than any other world war II game would. It's a video game.

To Frencho: This debate has gotten out of hand but in no way has it violated an terms of service. Members have come together and are debating, not flaming or supporting racism/facism etc. And I do not see anyone "praising" nazi's or hitler, more or less just pointing out that the war crimes happened on both sides, axis and allies alike.

About the atomic bomb, we warned the Japanese Emperor before we dropped it and told him to "surrender or face dire consequences".
21 May 2014, 16:09 PM

I know coh2.org forums had a lot of racist prosoviets and neonazis in the chat, but now all of the racist comments are gone now.

Even now I don't see racists remarks just people accusing other people of being racists. What we're really doing is claiming who is more evil than the other which is a very old discussion that you see in EVERY youtube or video game that is related to World War II.

I guess this is the consequence of starting a World War II game. Since every game community have a lot of hate mongering posters, and this game is based on a real war which brings ultra nationalists to into the forums.

21 May 2014, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2014, 15:57 PMBurts

well, there were 2 types of SS. One type was the Waffen SS, which generally meant combat troops , and then theres the other type of SS, everyone knows what they did.

Then again that doesn't mean the Waffen SS didint do war crimes... But pretty much everyone did those.

I agree with you Burts. Still both SS factions were fanatical nazists, unlike your average german grenadier. As for those who say condemning them is an overreaction, just read the SS wikipedia page, it's short, not asking to read ten 500 pages books on the subject.

"The Waffen-SS were frontline combat troops trained to fight in Germany's battles during World War II. During the early campaigns against Czechoslovakia and Poland, military SS units were of regiment size and drawn from existing armed SS formations:

Leibstandarte, Hitler's personal bodyguard
Death's-Head Battalions (German: Totenkopfverbände), which administered the concentration camps
Dispositional Troops, (German: Verfügungstruppe)."

So it's fine to use the emblem of the criminals that ran the concentration camps?
21 May 2014, 16:25 PM

If this community is so bad and you're so disgusted by it, why are you here? You're freaking out on someone for having "SS" in their name. Just because he has SS in his name does not mean he supports facism or hitler or the holocaust.

I don't think COH supports facism or appeals to closet nazi's more than any other world war II game would. It's a video game.

To Frencho: This debate has gotten out of hand but in no way has it violated an terms of service. Members have come together and are debating, not flaming or supporting racism/facism etc. And I do not see anyone "praising" nazi's or hitler, more or less just pointing out that the war crimes happened on both sides, axis and allies alike.

About the atomic bomb, we warned the Japanese Emperor before we dropped it and told him to "surrender or face dire consequences".

You clearly haven't read the whole thread, Spajn denied the holocaust and praised the third reich quite energetically, that's overtly racist and a support to fascim. He did violate the terms of service.
21 May 2014, 16:27 PM

This thread may be closed soon, but generally there are four camps:

1. Nazi apologists and fanboys (whitewashing even the Waffen SS and the Wehr)
2. Moral Equivalence (Nazis = Soviets)
3. Soviets bad, Nazis the next level of evil
4. Soviets lily white good, soviet apologist

The US, British, German, and Russian WW2 historical academic community (I studied the eastern front at the uni level and retain a strong interest in east front war crimes and combat)is firmly in camp #3.

Right wing, anti-communist conservative types are usually #2 and you can see them do this in political polemics. Of course, I don't have to explain #1 and #4.

What we're really doing is claiming who is more evil than the other which is a very old discussion that you see in EVERY youtube or video game that is related to World War II.
21 May 2014, 16:36 PM

This thread may be closed soon, but generally there are four camps:

1. Nazi apologists and fanboys (whitewashing even the Waffen SS and the Wehr)
2. Moral Equivalence (Nazis = Soviets)
3. Soviets bad, Nazis the next level of evil
4. Soviets lily white good, soviet apologist

The US, British, German, and Russian WW2 historical academic community (I studied the eastern front at the uni level and retain a strong interest in east front war crimes and combat)is firmly in camp #3.

Right wing, anti-communist conservative types are usually #2 and you can see them do this in political polemics. Of course, I don't have to explain #1 and #4.

+1.

Using the SS tag = whitewashing even the Waffen SS.
21 May 2014, 16:52 PM

WHITE POWER

21 May 2014, 17:05 PM

Thread locked.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %