Login

russian armor

My tactic: countering ass. grens

How do you counter Assault Grenadiers in the first minutes? (1 unit only, sorry, hehe :P)
Option Distribution Votes
24%
30%
37%
2%
7%
Total votes: 46
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 May 2014, 20:58 PM

:clap:

I have the commander with the Assault Grenadiers, and I get these reactions from my enemies;

"pay2win idiot"
"wow your skills blew me away"
"pay2suck dumbass"
etc.

So for all those haters (assault grenadiers are easy to counter with vehicles, by the way..) a nice strategy to counter those cheap-ass troops if you don't like the M3 Scout Car tactic!

Step 1.
Fill your bulletins with machinegun stuff. (increased rof, faster deploy, etc.)
Step 2.
Choose a commander with irregulars if you have one.
Step 3
When the game starts, create the building with the MGs, Mortars and Field Guns (if I'm correct).
You should immediately start making MGs. No conscripts. Forget those.
Step 4
Sent them to several points and keep an eye out on them, my favourite way of doing this is placing the MGs so that their range covers a VP, but don't let them capture the VP. Why not? Well, your MG will draw enemy forces away when they try to capture the point :drool: (Don't wait too long with capping the point, they will flank your MG.) Use IRREGULARS (180 mp for my commander, depends) to defend the flanks of your MGs.
Step 5 Keep spamming MGs and Irregulars until you have a nice amount of fuel, and spam those tank destroyers.

This tactic works, for me at least. I can place a video of this tactic to show how it works B-)
16 May 2014, 21:04 PM
Donator 11

:thumbsup:

I think I'll go with the ratatatatata :D
16 May 2014, 22:04 PM

From these I'd choose conscripts in cover, it works just fine. M3s are ok too but later you will have a hard time against StuG Es if you're still in T1, i.e. didn't manage to wipe him off the map completely with your M3s.
16 May 2014, 22:59 PM

I have the commander with the Assault Grenadiers, and I get these reactions from my enemies;
"wow your skills blew me away"

17 May 2014, 01:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What, people are complaing about Agrens now?

I suggest you further humiliate these people by base-raping them with half a dozen STUG Es
17 May 2014, 03:57 AM

1 maxim can pin a whole assgren blob if they're in yellow cover or less. But my Other: Penals with flamers. Assgrens worst nightmare.
17 May 2014, 06:57 AM

What, people are complaing about Agrens now?

I suggest you further humiliate these people by base-raping them with half a dozen STUG Es

That's what I always do, :rofl:

And yeah, some start complaining as soon as they see a single squad... But I usually play as Soviet because I can get in the game faster (SOV-GER ratio is often unbalanced..)
17 May 2014, 07:28 AM

I'm gonna go with maxims. They do well no matter how many assault grens are made.

Scout cars and penals work too, but become less desirable the more regular grenadiers are thrown into the mix.

Maxims also come from the T2 building, which also offers the field gun which is crucial against the no-tech call-in tanks that the mechanized support doctrine offers.
17 May 2014, 12:50 PM

Do ass grens have fausts? I don't have the commander so I don't know. I probably should have gotten a scout car instead of sniper and penals against 6 ass grens XD
17 May 2014, 13:00 PM

M3 with Flamer is my personal preference. Stay at distance picking them off until they try to hide in a building or retreat. Then chase them all the way back to base.
17 May 2014, 21:57 PM
Patrion 15

One issue with this is the irregular commander has no late game punch, and you'll be left trying to deal w/ a tiger. Your better off going w/ a penal squad, they handle ass grens quite well. Also keeping your conscripts at range and in cover, if the agrens charge, molotov their destination, easy win.
21 Jun 2014, 17:32 PM

Assault Gren is headache to deal with in most situations. I play 2v2 games a lot and I always pick Partisan to assist my teammate. That means I get notified if they start with Assault Gren. All I need to do is notify my teammate and we either get heavy machine guns that cover each other or get trucks + conscripts to protect the first few essential HMG.

It's basically HMG, but with a bit more than just HMG spamming.
21 Jun 2014, 18:20 PM
Patrion 14

When I see assgren and Tiger bulletins in the loading screen I usually go #yolocheese mode and build two scout cars. When I'm surprised by them I usually go on with playing my normal 5 conscript build, with the only difference that I bunch them up a little more, and then get T2 later. Assgrens are pretty powerful against lone squads, but that's about all they can do.
21 Jun 2014, 21:03 PM
Donator 11

In fact cons usually win battle against assgrens, all you need to do is move from cover to cover not to get cought without it by assgrens, then if they get some cover for themselves they are doomed because they deal no damage at range, if they rush your covered cons they are dead by only thinking about it. Of course maxims are good against every infantry so it is also a good strat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★