Login

russian armor

Stream Web Camera

15 Feb 2013, 10:21 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I wanted to make a poll for this but I can't find the option so I guess I will tally your answers instead.

Anyway my question is this: "Where do you prefer the web camera on a stream"

A: Webcam does not cover any important parts of the task bar however it is rather small

B: Webcam covers the bottom right hand corner of the task bar however it is much bigger and easier to see.

Thanks for the feedback!

15 Feb 2013, 10:30 AM
15 Feb 2013, 10:53 AM

definitely A... in B, it usually also covers the sight of which base buildings have been built already.... i always hate that, when i join a game and can't tell which tiers he has up -.-

it also blocks sight of the abilities (and, more importantly their cooldowns)... which can be irritating sometimes... you watch someone play "why doesn't he sticky that AC?" --> no stickies researched? maybe threw a nade earlier and sticky on cooldown? can't tell with B

the only thing A blocks is the doctrine, but you can usually tell from the abilities that have been unlocked....
15 Feb 2013, 11:43 AM

A if you are a man
B if you are a woman

now, seriously, A.
I don't watch a stream to watch someone head (or breast). It's fun sure, and more viewers with cam, but I don't like when it's too big.
15 Feb 2013, 11:49 AM

This will make me change from B to A cam.

Right now, I'm using B because it's easier to set, and I didn't find the ingame info relevant - but crawler has a point.
15 Feb 2013, 12:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for the feedback. I've asked the same question on my stream and I think I will also now change to a A cam. =D
15 Feb 2013, 14:47 PM

15 Feb 2013, 16:02 PM

A unless you want boob donations
15 Feb 2013, 19:23 PM

A, because B hides some information from the game.
15 Feb 2013, 19:31 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

16 Feb 2013, 01:31 AM

Yeah usually I show the tech tabs, I think when my xsplit reset everything I got lazy and didn't fix it sorry Crawler (since you were the one that originally requested it). Didn't realise so many people prefer A, I might put it there now, makes no difference for me :)

Thanks
16 Feb 2013, 02:26 AM

haha! I like this answer !

A if you are a man
B if you are a woman

SO i'll go with it as well :D
16 Feb 2013, 02:27 AM

Option C. ( NO camera) some people aren't beautiful enough to stream with webcam.
16 Feb 2013, 04:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2013, 02:27 AMMVGame
Option C. ( NO camera) some people aren't beautiful enough to stream with webcam.

This a 1000 times this. i cant stand a webcam up it feels creepy as shit.
16 Feb 2013, 05:34 AM

definitely A
and if you want it bigger, you can always do like this guy
but you probably need a green screen or something
16 Feb 2013, 08:36 AM

Also voting no camera, there's no point unless you absolutely need to be on camera for commentary / wrap-up purposes. The game should be the star of the show.
16 Feb 2013, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2013, 05:34 AMnuhj
definitely A
and if you want it bigger, you can always do like this guy
but you probably need a green screen or something

Haha, that's actually pretty cool.
16 Feb 2013, 16:15 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's interesting to see people's opinions on this as it seems to be quite varied. On facebook for example most people like the option where the camera is situated on the bottom right and also when I asked the same question on my stream most people preferred it on the right as well.

However there is also a large number of people that would prefer no webcam which I thought interesting. I personally believe a webcam is a great idea as it enables you to communicate with your viewers directly. It also adds personality and character which people can relate to. Anyway the amount of viewers for people who stream with webcams is generally always much higher than people who don't.

17 Feb 2013, 00:31 AM

I personally use A because I think its easier on the eyes. But I am a dude, so I understand why people might prefer it in a different spot. Although my streaming partner uses A as well.
17 Feb 2013, 09:58 AM

It's interesting to see people's opinions on this as it seems to be quite varied. On facebook for example most people like the option where the camera is situated on the bottom right and also when I asked the same question on my stream most people preferred it on the right as well.

However there is also a large number of people that would prefer no webcam which I thought interesting. I personally believe a webcam is a great idea as it enables you to communicate with your viewers directly. It also adds personality and character which people can relate to. Anyway the amount of viewers for people who stream with webcams is generally always much higher than people who don't.

Honestly, there's rarely a need to have an on-screen face the entire time. If you're playing a ridiculously scary game where people expect to see your reactions, then ok, maybe. When you're trying to show some professionalism though, in the end you're just a commentator. To put your face on the screen for the entire time comes off as narcissistic.

Take a look at pro sport events, or even official tournament streams. Did you see the commentators face the entire time on Riot's League of Legends grand finals? What about Valve's "The International 2" streams? Nope, just voice. Take a look at television commentators as well, are their faces in the corner of the screen at all times? Nope, just voice.

My suggestion is to ditch the 24/7 cam, and only cut to yourself when you're live when you are looking to engage the audience pre-post game, or during mid-game analysis.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★