28 Feb 2013, 00:14 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Boom! Here's some more proof MVGame.

28 Feb 2013, 00:36 AM

Great Photo! :)
28 Feb 2013, 04:05 AM

Good to know.

Most of the things said in this entire thread are either the result of trolling, and/or passionate, unreasoned discussion.

Lynx has done a great job. Most of the argument saying "he didnt do this" or "didnt do that", come from people not informed of what a CM should do, have probably never worked in a similar environment as they do, or as another user said: have deeper motives.

Simply put: Most games simply have no real CM. Its not noticeable. Lynx has done a terrific job, with what little tools he's had. I myself had an Alpha Key but never got access to the Alpha Feedback forum, but I knew that while it was a mistake on Relic's part to not have one up, Lynx did his best to put in as many as possible *manually*. I don't care if CoH2 ends up being a blockbuster or not. I sure as hell hope it is, but I have the utmost respect for the developers regardless of sales and artings, considering the challenges they faced. That alone is enough to earn my $60.

28 Feb 2013, 04:34 AM

Thrilled to hear that we have our CM back. Welcome back Bobby!
28 Feb 2013, 16:08 PM

Great news!
28 Feb 2013, 16:32 PM

Good to know.

Most of the things said in this entire thread are either the result of trolling, and/or passionate, unreasoned discussion.

Lynx has done a great job. Most of the argument saying "he didnt do this" or "didnt do that", come from people not informed of what a CM should do, have probably never worked in a similar environment as they do, or as another user said: have deeper motives.

Simply put: Most games simply have no real CM. Its not noticeable. Lynx has done a terrific job, with what little tools he's had. I myself had an Alpha Key but never got access to the Alpha Feedback forum, but I knew that while it was a mistake on Relic's part to not have one up, Lynx did his best to put in as many as possible *manually*. I don't care if CoH2 ends up being a blockbuster or not. I sure as hell hope it is, but I have the utmost respect for the developers regardless of sales and artings, considering the challenges they faced. That alone is enough to earn my $60.

if he were a "great" or "terrific" CM he would've been snapped up by a different company long before THQ died. as has happened with Apoc twice.
as i've said before he is alright, but not great.

the fanboys of course instantly jump on my comments and run around claiming i am saying "Lynx sucks total balls and should be shot dead tomorrow"... which is not what i've ever said.

games with an invested hard core community usually are represented by a CM. most games do not have this though. this is why most games do not have a CM. plenty of games with a hard core loyal following have a very good CM situation and community relations that are better than what the CoH franchise has and has had. Plenty are also worse off. These boards tend to attract extreme opinions only. Over the past 3 years I think the community management of CoH is ok.
28 Feb 2013, 17:36 PM

if he were a "great" or "terrific" CM he would've been snapped up by a different company long before THQ died. as has happened with Apoc twice.

Perhaps he was happy at THQ and hoped/believed they would pull through? Is your glass always half empty?
28 Feb 2013, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2013, 15:46 PMJAnx
TychusFindlay, i think most us got your point about 5 repetitions ago. Most of your posts are with the same negative undertone towards Relic and/or THQ. I think its time for you to start being active in other topics on other sites - move along ffs.

Fixed for ya :P
28 Feb 2013, 18:03 PM
Benefactor 115

Congratulations Bobby you did a great job with THQ I'm sure you'll do a great job with SEGA. Haters stay salty.
28 Feb 2013, 18:06 PM
Coder Red Badge

Lol @ Basilone. Congrats Bobby :)
28 Feb 2013, 22:01 PM

as i've said before he is alright, but not great.

the fanboys of course instantly jump on my comments and run around claiming i am saying "Lynx sucks total balls and should be shot dead tomorrow"... which is not what i've ever said.

games with an invested hard core community usually are represented by a CM. most games do not have this though. this is why most games do not have a CM. plenty of games with a hard core loyal following have a very good CM situation and community relations that are better than what the CoH franchise has and has had. Plenty are also worse off. These boards tend to attract extreme opinions only. Over the past 3 years I think the community management of CoH is ok.

Seriously, what is your point?

Would a CM that had left our boat long ago be considered great for this community? Yes, we are very aware that there might be generally better CM's out there, but they aren't here, are they? It's not very conforting that all the 'great' CM's are somewhere else, and don't even want to be the CM for CoH. For example, the fact that Lynx stayed in the boat through the hard times (even, if it means that he wasn't offered 'a better' position) means a lot for the community - he actually feels part of it. Imo that makes him great for this community, but not necessarily for some other community.

Are we now clear? Imo this thread is full of misunderstandings.
28 Feb 2013, 23:08 PM

I just want to know;

- Is someone in Relic/Sega taking care of hack reports?
- If so who is this person?
- if not who will do it? Or will someone respond and take action?

I seriously don't care about COH2 atm. It's a product which is not in the market yet. Period. I regularly play COH and unless it's shut down by an official announce, I want to be sure that If i send a report with some kind of evidence, someone will take care of it and some kind of action will be taken.

All hackers know that noone cares about COH atm and you can't have a decent game ffs. It's like attack of the hacker-clones.

If you cant maintain your current product and client base properly, why should i buy the new one?

1 Mar 2013, 12:38 PM

Seriously, what is your point?

Would a CM that had left our boat long ago be considered great for this community? Yes, we are very aware that there might be generally better CM's out there, but they aren't here, are they? It's not very conforting that all the 'great' CM's are somewhere else, and don't even want to be the CM for CoH. For example, the fact that Lynx stayed in the boat through the hard times (even, if it means that he wasn't offered 'a better' position) means a lot for the community - he actually feels part of it. Imo that makes him great for this community, but not necessarily for some other community.

Are we now clear? Imo this thread is full of misunderstandings.

Oh Come on.
Tychus is just being Tychus, nothing wrong about that. Its good to have someone around who tries to keep a distance to everything and doesn’t get to easily ecstatic
As i looked through his posts he has always kept a healthy distance from overenthusiastic majority. He can argue and he can prove his point in his odd special way :) And if sometimes he upsets somebody? Good I say. Keeps the community revving
Keep it up Tych but don’t overdo it ;)
1 Mar 2013, 16:14 PM

Lynx is adequate
1 Mar 2013, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2013, 23:08 PMRiggs
I just want to know;
If you cant maintain your current product and client base properly, why should i buy the new one?

I always rage when my 50 bucks only gives me 6 years of entertainment.
1 Mar 2013, 18:27 PM

I always rage when my 50 bucks only gives me 6 years of entertainment.

Wow. I'm not surprised how you twist my words .

The attitude is the issue here not the price. I'm a fan of this game as long as it goes on, I play nearly everyday, and everyday pissed of getting encouraged drop/maphackers every single game.

If you know something that we don't know, like "COH1 will be shut down in a month so CM will not do anything" or such thing then share please instead of trolling me.
1 Mar 2013, 19:11 PM
Benefactor 115

Cheating is rampant in all games when you play online. Best way around it is to play games offline at a LAN (Y)
1 Mar 2013, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2013, 18:27 PMRiggs

The attitude is the issue here not the price.

and your attitude is clearly misplaced. the game was cared for for 7 years. you got your moneys worth. you probably will get again when you buy coh2.
1 Mar 2013, 20:31 PM

I made myself very clear. COH is still online for competitive play and not being cared for a long time ( a year is pretty long time ). COH2 is not released yet.

So you simply telling me not play it online and shut up however on the other hand assuring me that I'll be covered by Relic if I buy the new one. Cool story.
1 Mar 2013, 20:34 PM

I am aware of cheating is nearly in every game, the problem is there's no authority for COH for a long time so all hackers are extremely encouraged they do it very obviously because they know they will not be penalized.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS