russian armor

Bobby "Lynx" Miller employed at Sega

PAGES (11)down
16 Feb 2013, 06:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

i like positive patties, not negative nancies
16 Feb 2013, 19:47 PM

What, to SEGA? Or to us and in that case, why would the size of the cubicle make a difference?

Would he be more special if he had a vending machine in his cubicle or something?

The size of an office and the general position within a firm are somewhat correlated, yes. Judging by the size of that cubicle, the person working in it cant be in a very elevated position.

Still dont understand why people want THQLynx as the CoH2 community manager so desperately.
16 Feb 2013, 19:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Still dont understand why people want THQLynx as the CoH2 community manager so desperately.

Because he did a good job. Simple as that ;)
16 Feb 2013, 20:16 PM

If thats true (which it seems to be), then this is incredibly awesome!
16 Feb 2013, 20:35 PM
Donator 22

The size of an office and the general position within a firm are somewhat correlated, yes. Judging by the size of that cubicle, the person working in it cant be in a very elevated position.

Assuming facts not in evidence.

For all we know, Bobby is a contractor who works for SEGA independently.

For all we know, that cubicle is a workstation/training area for a day/week while he on-boards.

Maybe you might all just might want to wait for the actual confirmation to come out.

16 Feb 2013, 22:27 PM

THQLynx did do a good job at relaying THQ's message to us, even if it was false and misleading.

Although, I don't really understand his silence and absence on these boards now.
17 Feb 2013, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2013, 20:16 PMTrainzz
If thats true (which it seems to be), then this is incredibly awesome!

Relic just recently added a job posting for a Community Manager.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/1733/relic-is-looking-for-a-community-manager
Thus, I doubt any of this is true.

We have photos of random anonymous cubicles as proof of THQLynx employment status.
But, I've uncovered some evidence to the contrary.

This proves THQLynx is unemployed as much as these cubicles "prove" he is the Community Manager for Company of HEroes.

In reference to a previous post...
i would say i am neither a positive pattie nor a negative nancy.
i'd characterize myself as a "Realistic Raynor".
17 Feb 2013, 09:02 AM

I started to play COH and to follow COH2 informations recently. I don't understand why you guys think he was a great CM, at least when we talk about the COH2 beta informations.
He said 'beta news coming really soon!' 'beta before the end of january' 'hopefully in 2 days!' etc etc, even during THQ auctions, when he was never 100% sure of what he was saying. And it appears he was always wrong.
Now internet iz mad, and people think THQ/Relic and now Sega are liers, and are pleased to keep us in the dark...

He should have stayed quiet and said nothing, or just 'when it's done'.
17 Feb 2013, 11:29 AM

I just want to know that was he dealing with cheat reports, banning etc? Because after I got tired of getting no results from Relic ( after reporting very obvious hacks, sync hacks with screenshots etc, then seeing same hax guys in the auto again and again), I was reporting to GR Fair Play guys, once they stopped doing this auto match was dominated by all kinds of hackers and still is.

Maybe some guys had good time with him in the exhibitions, meetings and maybe he's a nice guy but as a simple auto player I can't say I'm highly satisfied of his work.
17 Feb 2013, 16:42 PM

I think it's just because he was a nice guy who got involved in SNF and seemed just like another guy who loved CoH and chatted with the community.
17 Feb 2013, 17:00 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Bobby was/is a great CM because he's easily approachable, highly active in social media, and cares about the game. He's straight up and he was as transparent as he was allowed to be.

I've been organizing CoH events for over 4 years now, and I've never felt more supported than when Bobby came on as CM. He's always easy to get in touch with, responds quickly with no-nonsense answers, and he has a passion for gaming in general and for Company of Heroes in particular.

I know you guys are restless, but y'all need to stop foaming at the mouth a bit and exercise a modicum of patience. A $26M deal is no small potatoes, and nobody should be surprised that there is a period of silence as Relic & Sega regroup.
17 Feb 2013, 17:21 PM

Bobby has a lot of fans.
This is what happened near Relic in Vancouver shortly after it was announced THQLynx was fired from THQ.

17 Feb 2013, 17:38 PM

Bobby has a lot of fans.
This is what happened near Relic in Vancouver shortly after it was announced THQLynx was fired from THQ.

I don't know...I'm thinkin from some of these responses..that was THQLynx's car!
17 Feb 2013, 18:09 PM

I really liked Lynx. He hanged around the SNF chat a lot, answered questions straight up (even to the point were it almost felt like he was saying too much) and promoted a lot for the community. I don't know a single CM that I could say was better (probably because I usually don't like CMs) and I think the reason he said "soon" and "beta coming in a few days" might be because, you know, that's what he was told.
17 Feb 2013, 18:18 PM

I know you guys are restless, but y'all need to stop foaming at the mouth a bit and exercise a modicum of patience. A $26M deal is no small potatoes, and nobody should be surprised that there is a period of silence as Relic & Sega regroup.

If you say that for my previous comment about lynx and coh2 beta, I'm really patient and I'm not this kind of QQ guys on the official forum. I'm just looking objectively (I think I'm objective) to what he said.
A beta for fans is like drugs for a junkie and lynx is the drug dealer. He said some things he shouldn't have said. He made a mistake. A CM should be extremely carefull with beta informations, Lynx wasn't. Now, we have junkies everywhere who want their promised drug fix, haunting forums like zombies.
17 Feb 2013, 18:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I'd rather have a CM who's less careful and tells us more stuff than a CM who's always careful but is quiet because of that. Lots of CMs always watch what they say so that nobody can ever get mad at them and they just end up saying nothing or a bunch of bland stuff. I'd prefer CMs who go out on a limb and sometimes say something wrong because they spoke too soon. People who make mistakes are better than people who never try hard enough to make any mistakes.
17 Feb 2013, 20:30 PM

Yeah, the fact that Lynx has came out as more human than most CM's combined is enough for me to support him.
17 Feb 2013, 21:01 PM

part of the reason the community is 'foaming at the mouth' is THQLynx stating in tweets and in other communications that the Beta was "imminent" in early January.

THQ's other high profile manager Aaron Kaufman saw the writing on the wall.. and bolted at the right moment steering clear of this mess... THQLynx should've used some "Street sense" and gotten outta there long before THQ gave him the axe.

The longer THQ/Relic remain silent the messier its going to get.
17 Feb 2013, 21:18 PM

Bobby was/is a great CM because he's easily approachable, highly active in social media, and cares about the game. He's straight up and he was as transparent as he was allowed to be.

I've been organizing CoH events for over 4 years now, and I've never felt more supported than when Bobby came on as CM. He's always easy to get in touch with, responds quickly with no-nonsense answers, and he has a passion for gaming in general and for Company of Heroes in particular.

As you seem to know him quite well, this makes you the last person to judge him objectively. The community is more than just the known players, and to all those other players he seems a poor organizer and known for habitual sharing of misinformation. Next to that, people couldnt care less about social media.
17 Feb 2013, 22:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It wasn't misleading information. THQ and Relic did have the beta planned for January. Several sources confirmed that from both companies. How is it Lynx' fault that the THQ-auction ended badly for them. The company got split up. If THQ's initial plan of being bought by Clearlake Investment group had succeeded, we'd all be playing the CoH2 beta right now with the game being released at the end of March. And we would not have even needed to have this discussion. Because Lynx' comment about the beta being '2 week away' would've been correct. Some pepople like to talk badly about him, because they didn't get what they were 'promised' by Lynx. Simple fact is, he was only doing his job. And that was commucating to that community about the game.

Oh and btw, in case you didn't know, every week SNF's viewercount nearly doubled as soon as Lynx put up a link to the show on the official CoH social media. Talk about a 'poor organiser' and 'no one cares about social media'..
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS