Login

russian armor

You will always want T3

14 May 2014, 18:35 PM

I always go t3 or t4, the only time I skip is when my opponent is going very infantry heavy
14 May 2014, 18:36 PM

You do realize that the T-34 had a major buff, and compares favorably to the Panzer IV now? It doesn't shoot as fast but it's incrementally cheaper and has now has front armor that bounces the P4/Stug III G.
14 May 2014, 18:40 PM

i dont know why people say that without a commander with call in tanks you are dead.

A t-34/85 isint THAT much better than the t-34/76...

An is-2 goes down pretty quickly to pak fire...or pak 43...

Same with tiger , altho zis-3 guns have a bit harder time.

The only call ins that are over performing are
1: ISU-152
2 : Elephant.
14 May 2014, 19:17 PM

The KV-1 is a very good call-in.

Overall, I'm not a fan of the double T-34/85 call in (even though mark target helps) The wait is much too long. The single T-34/85 from advanced warfare is better. But both call-ins are expensive and come late. Ditto for the Sherman, except I really don't like its HP.

I still think that early T-34/76s + quick call-ins for precipitous attacks are the key. The T-34/76 is the baseline armor. Then buff the tank force with the KV-1, Sherman, or T-34/85.

Is-2 is too expensive for its ability (its in the same price class as the tiger but is much worse) and the KV-8 is situational.

For soviets, I don't think T4 and IS-2 is worth it in many cases.

For Germans, T4 is not worth it but the Tiger tank is.
14 May 2014, 19:35 PM

Because very often (too often?), it actually works. It's a high risk, high reward gamble.

Not sure if this is a pride post along the lines of "I can beat the current meta", or if you can actually back up your claims.

If anything, the general consensus seems to be that skipping T3/T4 is too rewarding. I don't have the data to prove it, but from experience it certainly feels that way.

¨
No, I am not in situation where I can make prideposts. Just saying that T3 with both factions are strong at the moment. And maybe it is because of the current meta. The hurt you can do before the call-in hits the field for your opponent is many times enough to call it a gg.
Not sure though that its at 3 or 4 cps:) It may be later.
14 May 2014, 19:54 PM

From the beginning of my playtime, I've always tried Tier 3 soviet and it always wrinkles my sprinkles.

T34 is arse when you aren't already ahead of the German Tier 3. It feels like a landslide dependent tier. If you aren't riding the landslide it will suck butts, if you *are* riding the landslide, it will too and seem "ok".

German Tier 3 is great. It does everything so well that I don't NEED tier 4. Stugs in particular are being awesome because so many seem to go T3 this patch with soviets... Stugs eat that up in my experience with them.

This. I dont bother with a T34 though. T70 is the landslide tank of choice for me. KILL THAT INFANTRY and get your stupidly fast veterancy so you can push them Nazis back into their spider holes!

But if your dragged out your hosed. Tiger is GG for Zis even a pair of them. And they seem to have an Anti AT Nade coating (Patent Pending. Until I use them of course then every AT nade is a crit...

14 May 2014, 21:09 PM

Yeah T3 aggression is nice, but Tiger is a big scary monster like you say.

Mechanised support is a bad ass doctrine to go T3, because you can aid T34 with Guards, cloaked ZiS and mark target to cap it off!! Then if you survive long enough to save up for an ISU (focus on ZiS rather than more than two T34s).
14 May 2014, 21:53 PM

With Soviet mediums, if you manage to get 5 of them and use them in one fist even 2 tigers and lots of soft targets can fall.
14 May 2014, 22:03 PM

I had been practicing the T1+T2 to call-ins strat right after the patch (especially with armored assault)

The thing that worked great about it was that most germans had not adapted to not having uber-krieg tanks and they usually had 1 less AT gun.

In the last week or so I've noticed alot of germans have finally adapted. I'm seeing alot of Stug/ostwind pressure that can be difficult to hold off just with AT nades/Zis guns. T34 makes easy work of both of those tanks and can hold its own against Tiger.

Just saying, prior to patch T1+T2 was an emerging strat that was one of the few things working for soviets in the dark days between april-march. After the patch it seemed to work great. Now I think germans are finding a good timed attack with ost/stugs. Holding that off with infantry/ATG is extremely risky.

However, I have always found the #1 reward to going T1+2 into call-ins is that it nearly always takes your opponent by surprise a little bit when KV1 spam starts, or T34/85s flood the field.
14 May 2014, 23:07 PM

If more german players started using a sniper, rushing a PIV and then backteching to T2 I think you'd see a lot less call-in play from soviets. It's hard to say though, the meta game is still developing.
15 May 2014, 07:29 AM

I've not actually tried true T34/76 spam since it was buffed. Maybe it's a viable strat now, basically all depends if they can mob a tiger. Before it was all about ram lol.
15 May 2014, 08:09 AM

The KV-1 is a very good call-in.

You trollin' brah?
I really think this is just a bad tank wrapped in some armor..
I think it's one of the worst tanks to call-in, but of course I might be wrong.
15 May 2014, 08:19 AM

For 1v1 I think it's not great, unless it's matched with An SU85.

The fact you can't field many means it's poor speed goes against it and it struggles to flank something heavy like a tiger.

But in team games, where you can spam them, they seem good. That seems like HelpingHans fav soviet strat for team games
15 May 2014, 09:21 AM
Patrion 310

where is the Tier4 topic?
I used to go tier 3, but paks just come out easily after the AC and my T70 is useless (at least its dangerous to micro it), moreover, he will probably make a second AT as soon as he notices my T3 and then I have to backtech to get some arty...
No, I prefer Tier4 as soviets atm, going for the second unit (what's it called?) so I get two of them, and their arty ability takes care of blobs and/or PAKs. After that the SU can be of great help against any callin tigerss.

edit: so i go cons, tier1, penal and snipers
15 May 2014, 13:25 PM

You trollin' brah?
I really think this is just a bad tank wrapped in some armor..
I think it's one of the worst tanks to call-in, but of course I might be wrong.

Poor Speed, Mediocre Armor, Poor AT, Mediocre AI, High Relative Cost....Pak Bait. When paired with an SU85 its "Better than nothing" but I would take a Sherman or T34/85 call in any damn day over this POS.
15 May 2014, 13:40 PM

KV-1 is good for its cost (around the same as a T-34/85) and should be employed with different strats. Unlike the soviet mediums, ts armor/HP renders German T3 moot. It has the same gun as the T-34/76.

I find that it has staying power, and works well with a zis in support. It arrives early and can be deployed far forward due to its armor so a continuous front line can be maintained. It's a meatshield.

It is vulnerable to paks and heavies, but what isn't?
15 May 2014, 14:04 PM

KV-1 is good for its cost (around the same as a T-34/85) and should be employed with different strats. Unlike the soviet mediums, ts armor/HP renders German T3 moot. It has the same gun as the T-34/76.

I find that it has staying power, and works well with a zis in support. It arrives early and can be deployed far forward due to its armor so a continuous front line can be maintained. It's a meatshield.

It is vulnerable to paks and heavies, but what isn't?

With its recent changes it is also alot more vulnerable to Fausts. I used to enjoy the fact that it could bonunce fausts and had enough HPs to make it worth its cost.

But I can routinely beat them with P4s just keep the P4 at range where the Pen drop off for the T34/76 gun cant compete. And unlike the T34 post patch it CANNOT close the distance or easily escape.

Want to see comedy watch a blob of KV1s vs a single Pak 43. Point the gun away wait for the pack to get in mid range then point at them and watch them die one by one trying in vain to escape.

I absolutely hate this tank this patch.
15 May 2014, 14:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 23:07 PMDanielD
If more german players started using a sniper, rushing a PIV and then backteching to T2 I think you'd see a lot less call-in play from soviets.

How do you figure? I <444>3 the German sniper, and more reasons to use him are always welcome.
15 May 2014, 16:01 PM

How do you figure? I <444>3 the German sniper, and more reasons to use him are always welcome.

The german sniper allows ostheer to win more engagements without losing too much MP, and provides a consistent counter to AT guns. This combined with an early PIV would hopefully allow for a strong timing push, then T2 and multiple Paks to prevent 34/85s/KV8/IS2 from retaking the field.

The first point imo is crucial since what I see most ostheer players (myself included) struggling with in the mid-game is fielding enough units, since reinforce costs for german inf is so high.
15 May 2014, 16:12 PM

For 1v1 with Soviets I generally stuck with either

T1 -> T4
or
T2 -> T3

I found that doing T2 to T4 left me with poor anti-infantry armour, and T2 to T3 left me with very little good AT options.

going T1-T4 was much more difficult for me, but I usually would do that into massed SU76 and an SU85 if I really felt threatened by armour.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★