Login

russian armor

This patch killed Katyusha and Werfer

13 May 2014, 16:56 PM

Katyusha does seem more avoidable. Once the first barrage has hit (usually with large spread) you can avoid the area. But to be fair, you're forced to retreat all your infantry.

The cooldown is what killed the Nwerfer for me. So long... Logically it seems that with less rockets, the cooldown should be shorter, not longer. I don't feel you get a good return on the investment.

Isn't the Katyusha rocket-spread only an issue when it fires at max range? Doesn't the accuracy increase when fired from closer in? I thought it did but if someone has a clip of it being v. inaccurate at closer range, please show.

Stonethecrow01 - "Tell me this, If an opponent has a panzerwerfer and fires it with a shift command to reposition it back to his base after each barrage ... how do you kill it?"

How is this different from Katyusha? Soviets also have SHIFT-move and Katyusha fires from further away.
13 May 2014, 17:19 PM
Patrion 15

They used to be the ideal counter for support unit spam on maps like semoisky, but now there is almost nothing that can clear out a massive build up of maxims, mortars, and atgs, short of a kv8. The rof and scatter nerfs were a little to much imo.
13 May 2014, 17:27 PM

They used to be the ideal counter for support unit spam on maps like semoisky, but now there is almost nothing that can clear out a massive build up of maxims, mortars, and atgs, short of a kv8. The rof and scatter nerfs were a little to much imo.

Were there scatter nerfs? I thought it was just ROF.
13 May 2014, 17:28 PM

I think if they made the both of them slightly more effective they would be worth it. They should counter lots of weapons teams but currently only the panzerwerfer even kills anything because the katushya is so erratic and over 3 bursts. I do understand Relic's fear for multiple mobile arty vehicles. In the previous game there were a series of patches where all you saw were lots of mobile artillary pieces because they were so good, easy to preserve, and fast barrages. For sure the panzerwerfer needed a nerf in cool down but currently you need a lot of luck to make them effective.
13 May 2014, 17:33 PM
Patrion 15

Were there scatter nerfs? I thought it was just ROF.

I went back and looked at the patch notes and your right, there was no scatter nerf. This puzzles me because the nebel (and to a lesser extent) used to be killing machines, now they don't seem to do much of anything.
13 May 2014, 18:00 PM

I went back and looked at the patch notes and your right, there was no scatter nerf. This puzzles me because the nebel (and to a lesser extent) used to be killing machines, now they don't seem to do much of anything.

They've always been really in-accurate, it's just the cooldown was so low it didn't matter.

Vetted up I think it was around 5-10 seconds before each barrage
13 May 2014, 18:07 PM

Probably some bad cases of RNG.

Explosive weapons profiles has been changed but I doubt this has made rocket artillery weaker. Just about every explosive weapon got more potent against infantry so I don't think rockets have received nerfs.
13 May 2014, 18:23 PM

The Rocket trucks are better in 2 v 2 to 4 v 4 than 1 v 1. I don't think that rocket trucks are worth building in short 1 v 1 matches. There aren't that many clumped up units.

Only one should be built at any time IMO. When they connect, the payoff can be huge. I find them effective when the opposition is distracted with something else, and they leave a bunch of units idle and clumped up.
13 May 2014, 18:28 PM

i usually get a katyusha when playing the advanced warfare commander

4 cons molotov
maxim and zis 2x
katyusha
t-34/85s
13 May 2014, 22:27 PM
Donator 22

Agreed. The 'werfer in the last patch was a kill-all pwnage machine. Now it's a no-build.

+1
14 May 2014, 07:46 AM

All arty units was nerfed, with scatter increase or cooldown tweak..
Yes katusha and werfer seems useless now, worst units for their cost in a game.
14 May 2014, 09:15 AM
Donator 11

leave them as they are, i know you guys wants to sit behind your wall of at guns and machine guns and spam rockets all day long but actually its not good gameplay for competative play.
14 May 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 09:15 AMspajn
leave them as they are, i know you guys wants to sit behind your wall of at guns and machine guns and spam rockets all day long but actually its not good gameplay for competative play.

The purpose of those arty is to clear out your so called ATG and MG walls stalemate, I believe the reason why Relic nerfing the arty just because of these stupid noobs posting nonsense all around the forums.
14 May 2014, 09:49 AM

Permanently Banned

Yeah I no longer worry when I see Katyusha's firing as Ostheer. They so rarely do appreciable damage against me. And as a tool for countering weapons team spam the Werfer is broadly inadequate. You might get a good hit once in a while but it's too unreliable.

That unit was never all that great. Generals was all about the tank rush.

if you say that you never really played generals... this thing+force fire needed 2 shots to kill 2 overlords at once....

seriously that thing was by far the best china could send on the field.

katyusha sucks more than the werfer does, both arent really usefull, a mortar does more work for a lower price
14 May 2014, 10:04 AM
Donator 22

if you say that you never really played generals... this thing+force fire needed 2 shots to kill 2 overlords at once....

seriously that thing was by far the best china could send on the field.

katyusha sucks more than the werfer does, both arent really usefull, a mortar does more work for a lower price

^^ +1 to both :)
14 May 2014, 10:06 AM

I still think that either of these units, brought along with a main army to barrage just before a main assult makes a huge difference, yes it needs to be used in close proximity, good. Who wants to get owned by something 2 screen away.

Just like any other unit, it shouldnt be a stand alone counter to half an enemys army. It should soften them up for your own combined forces.
14 May 2014, 10:44 AM

Just like any other unit, it shouldnt be a stand along counter to half an enemys army. It should soften them up for your own combined forces.

+1
14 May 2014, 11:23 AM

I still think that either of these units, brought along with a main army to barrage just before a main assult makes a huge difference, yes it needs to be used in close proximity, good. Who wants to get owned by something 2 screen away.

Just like any other unit, it shouldnt be a stand alone counter to half an enemys army. It should soften them up for your own combined forces.

How can the harmless fireworks help?
14 May 2014, 11:36 AM

And people flamed at me when I first said the werfer is now useless to maxim/120mm/zis spam, lol.
14 May 2014, 11:40 AM
Patrion 14

Both units are still viable to counter static play or blobbing.

The constant barraging due to the extremely low cool-down before the patch lead to bad gameplay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★