Login

russian armor

This patch killed Katyusha and Werfer

13 May 2014, 09:44 AM
Donator 11

im glad arty is a piece of shit in coh2.. worst thing about vcoh was sometimes you had to dodge double arty, first offmap arty and then onmap often at the same time.. it got pretty ridiculous. Noobs with 30 apm ofcourse loved it so they could claim "I win with out-thinking my opponent, not by clicking faster".
13 May 2014, 09:46 AM

they are fine now and will become more prominent after the isu/elephant are fixed

the over shoot on the Katyusha needs to be fixed.
13 May 2014, 09:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 09:44 AMspajn
im glad arty is a piece of shit in coh2.. worst thing about vcoh was sometimes you had to dodge double arty, first offmap arty and then onmap often at the same time.. it got pretty ridiculous. Noobs with 30 apm ofcourse loved it so they could claim "I win with out-thinking my opponent, not by clicking faster".

If those "noobs" with 30 apm won against you, guess who the real noob is :D
13 May 2014, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 09:44 AMspajn

Go play Starcraft (in Korean server) or www.clickclickclick.com, if you think your finger reflex = skill.

Arty is a counter of stonewall stalemate, in no way you can win with arty spam without strategical thinking, unless you are playing Schedt.

Anyone think Katyusha and werfer is fine in this patch are definitely high or ignorant or trolling, there is enough shoutcast by ImperialDane showing a pair of werfer shooting together into a bunch of cons, maxim and Zis, killing nobody. Even the pee shooting Puma hull MG getting more kills than the harmless firework launcher.
13 May 2014, 10:29 AM

I agree they do pretty decent damage when up close, if I use them thats the only way I ever fire them.

Maybe they could get a slight improvement, but not too much.

They should never do too much damage at long range, and even at shorter range, they shouldnt really kill everythin easily, that would be OP imo.

To get the most out of them, they should be fired before an assault from other units. Weakening their target.

13 May 2014, 11:23 AM

Honestly, the Katyusha was stillborn. The weird volley fire it has caused the abortion.
13 May 2014, 11:52 AM

katyusha is pretty good, i dunno, for me it seems that its way better in this patch.

Cant say nothing about Pwerfed because i play 1v1s
13 May 2014, 11:59 AM

Both units need a buff.

I had situations where my Panzerwerfer fired a "circle" around an enemy maxim and I had situations where my Katjuscha just hit a single man, despite there being 3 squads directly within the set target.

The reload time increase doesn´t make them any useful either.
13 May 2014, 13:39 PM

Here. Even this wouldn't satisfy you guys.
13 May 2014, 13:46 PM

Both units need a buff.

I had situations where my Panzerwerfer fired a "circle" around an enemy maxim and I had situations where my Katjuscha just hit a single man, despite there being 3 squads directly within the set target.

The reload time increase doesn´t make them any useful either.

Yeah I no longer worry when I see Katyusha's firing as Ostheer. They so rarely do appreciable damage against me. And as a tool for countering weapons team spam the Werfer is broadly inadequate. You might get a good hit once in a while but it's too unreliable.

Here. Even this wouldn't satisfy you guys.

That unit was never all that great. Generals was all about the tank rush.
13 May 2014, 13:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Behold, the bringer of light!
13 May 2014, 13:51 PM

Since we're on the topic now, USA Battle Theme 1 is one of the greatest RTS tracks of all time, right up there with Hell March.
13 May 2014, 14:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yep although I would rank GLA #7 andGLA #11 as the best.
But the whole soundtrack was a masterpiece. It's a shame the C&C series suck so much now.
13 May 2014, 14:38 PM
Donator 22

"please can we have some shoes!"

I loved the quotes in that game :P

http://www.cnclabs.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6800&;

C&C Generals was awesome! totally forgot about this game until now!
remember all the rushes! tunnel rush, attack chinook, technical..dont really get base rushing in CoH the same way you did in that game.

Also guessing this didn't just happen to me?

1v1 no rush no SW

Game starts

00:15 Player 1: no rush no SW yeah?
00:17 Player 2: yeah of course :)

some time later...

02:30 Player 1: why you pick SW general?
02:40 Player 2: I like the Auroa alpha
02:45 Player 1: o OK cool :)
05:00 our enemy has built a particle cannon
05:01 our enemy has built a particle cannon
05:02 our enemy has built a particle cannon
05:03 our enemy has built a particle cannon
05:04 our enemy has built a particle cannon
05:05 our enemy has built a particle cannon
You have been defeated....
Player 2: MVGame
13 May 2014, 14:53 PM

This thread is quite impressive. Speaking from a 2v2 perspective, The Kat was and is good. The Werfer was game-breakingly OP and now is good.

Tell me this, If an opponent has a panzerwerfer and fires it with a shift command to reposition it back to his base after each barrage ... how do you kill it?

Yes, I think this is the problem: the disconnect between team games and 1v1.

The increased recharge timer offsets higher than desired artillery saturation.

I feel like this is one of the rare changes mostly directed towards team games because artillery saturation was never a problem in 1v1. If they're starting to look at the team game dynamic, I really wish they would tweak the resource income before playing around with unit balance.
13 May 2014, 15:16 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Agreed. The 'werfer in the last patch was a kill-all pwnage machine. Now it's a no-build.
13 May 2014, 15:34 PM

For me werfer is impossible to use right now. The long reload time is painfully long, especially with RNG preventing many volleys from doing anything. I have not gotten more than vet 1 on them since patch, when before (they were not balanced though) I got lots of vet. This does not mean they were balanced before but they suck now.

Kat is also really bad, but not as bad. I blame RNG again.

Both units need a buff.

If we reduced the rate of fire (closer to actual fire time in real life) on the werfer could I actually get a rocket that deals damage before vet 2? Then we could be done with vet 2 rocket bonus damage. I guess before vet 2 Ost high command refuses to give the werfer real rockets.

Agreed with prior comment about team games and 1v1. If artillery saturation was a problem in team games (and I don't even think it was), that is a resource problem not a unit problem.
13 May 2014, 15:45 PM

well, now that ive done some testing i think ALL arty needs a buff

All arty was a crucial part of WW2 whether mortars, field guns altirelly or whatever.

13 May 2014, 16:12 PM
Donator 11

If those "noobs" with 30 apm won against you, guess who the real noob is :D

not really, ever heard of RNG? you know, a arty that wipes out squads with a single shell and the shells goes a bit randomly you can call that losing to RNG and dodging 2 barrages often at the same time so they can first barrage your position and also barrage where you most likely will move.. sometimes everything miss.. sometimes the first arty barrage overshoots and still hits you and with bad luck you can get hit by both arty barrages... i call that losing to RNG

Losing a stormtrooper with double mp44 to a single arty shell was just RNG bullshit.

Oh and you silly guys saying i should play starcraft because apm should not matter, try to guess why starcraft have waaaay more players? People generally like skills to be the deciding factor not luck.
13 May 2014, 16:37 PM

This is just yet another example of Relic deviating from the mechanics from the original CoH and failing horribly.

The rockets are devastating when they hit, killing whole squads with one rocket or destroying ATG's with only a few. So what, they decide to make them really in-accurate, further adding the to "RNG" random element to the play style.

Static artillery pieces are also powerful, but again in-accurate - only being useful for attacking bases or area denial.

The main issue with static guns though (apart from their fragility) is the firing time between each shot being way too long (reminds me of the Hummel from vCoH i.e. useless at killing things).

So my changes would be -

mobile artillery: increase accuracy at medium range, increase AOE, decrease damage (especially to ATG's)

static guns: increase health, increase accuracy at medium range, decrease firing time in between each shot
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 9
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak