What to do about the ISU 152

11 May 2014, 04:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

And what to do about it
11 May 2014, 04:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Ignore this, for some reason I cannot create another poll
11 May 2014, 04:24 AM

Remove it with the Elephant, and take the lesson "don't have 2 supertanks that shoot halfway through the map when every other tank can only shoot 50 ft away".

The elephant and the Isu should have never been in multiplayer. Both are broken units that can only be countered by enemy mistakes. Hell, bombing runs and arty don't even do shit, just a crew shock.

Just broken
11 May 2014, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 04:24 AMUnited
Remove it with the Elephant, and take the lesson "don't have 2 supertanks that shoot halfway through the map when every other tank can only shoot 50 ft away".

The elephant and the Isu should have never been in multiplayer. Both are broken units that can only be countered by enemy mistakes. Hell, bombing runs and arty don't even do shit, just a crew shock.

Just broken

That would be great for all of us if Relic would remove them! But guess what? Relic doesnt remove what they've made public :D
14 May 2014, 00:03 AM
Donator 11

Make yourself prepared for more superunits in western front expansion Kappa
14 May 2014, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 04:24 AMUnited

Just broken

Uhm Russian IL2 Bombing run dont do crew shock, it can almost kill a full health Elefant.
14 May 2014, 01:06 AM

Yeah bombing run is extremely deadly against tanks if they strike. It's dodgable if you notice the smoke as soon as it appears but sometimes still gets through if you have engine damage or something from an unlucky AT nade or well placed mine or what have you. Guards buttoning is also a great way to pin it in place, but whether or not this is possible depends on how well the Ele is being supported. The trick is to kill its support, not the Ele itself, because it will fall instantly.

The ISU is fantastic for killing supporting infantry but its not a surefire way to get the Ele because if you can hit units next to the Ele the Ele can probably hit you back.
14 May 2014, 04:44 AM

Bring the range way down is my suggestion. I wouldn't want it removed however, it's quite the iconic Soviet unit and if the ISU series weren't included at all then we'd all be wanting it...
14 May 2014, 07:47 AM

Up the frontal armour, lower the range. Have yourself a Heavy Assault Gun / Tank Destroyer.

As for Elefant I'm not sure, it only fights Tanks and I wouldn't want the one thing it's good at to be butchered. It's UP alone but OP when supported. A strange unit indeed.
14 May 2014, 10:11 AM

The problem with it is that it's doctrine comes with the hardcounters to the Elefant's (supposed) hard counters. I.e. Artillery...

Soviets need non-doctrinal tubed arty IMO. They used so much arty IRL it's a disgrace that their showing for arty here is so poor...
14 May 2014, 10:51 AM

The problem with it is that it's doctrine comes with the hardcounters to the Elefant's (supposed) hard counters. I.e. Artillery...

Soviets need non-doctrinal tubed arty IMO. They used so much arty IRL it's a disgrace that their showing for arty here is so poor...

By the end of the war the Soviets had more of everything, but it's not like the Germans didn't have boatloads of quality artillery either. To be frank even if you could place down non-doctrinal art, it would just get stukkad (by Germans) or precision striked (by Russians). Because of the alarming frequency with which those doctrines get selected.
14 May 2014, 11:14 AM

Try this: put 2 PG squads with shreks into the halftrack. Try to create a diversion so the ISU 152 cannot see ur ht when u flank it. If u can get behind it with the ht it only will last a few seconds.
I tried this several times and it worked because the ISu is very slow and even more so if he has his scope enabled.
Most players panik once they realize what is happening, making it even more easy for u to get the kill.
14 May 2014, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 11:14 AMpagodas
Try this: put 2 PG squads with shreks into the halftrack. Try to create a diversion so the ISU 152 cannot see ur ht when u flank it. If u can get behind it with the ht it only will last a few seconds.
I tried this several times and it worked because the ISu is very slow and even more so if he has his scope enabled.
Most players panik once they realize what is happening, making it even more easy for u to get the kill.

That's a great idea. Have to try it :D
14 May 2014, 12:20 PM

This may work against unsupported ISUs wich means low skill players.
14 May 2014, 12:44 PM

what i have noticed is that the ISU-152 has a minimum range. Even a shitty stug can kill it if it gets close.
14 May 2014, 12:45 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

The Elephant is an dedicated Tankhunter, it does not have any AI capabilities. On the other hand, the ISU just RAPES everything. There shouldn't be any units in the game who excel at both AI and AT. That's just stupid and hurts the game a lot.
14 May 2014, 12:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

the problme is its squad wipe abilty is consistently 1 shot 1 squad. the is2 is tame in comparison. so toning that down would imo be the first step.
14 May 2014, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 12:45 PMluvnest
The Elephant is an dedicated Tankhunter, it does not have any AI capabilities. On the other hand, the ISU just RAPES everything. There shouldn't be any units in the game who excel at both AI and AT. That's just stupid and hurts the game a lot.

I agree! Nerf tigers and brummbars!

<444>_<444>
14 May 2014, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 13:04 PMKatitof

I agree! Nerf tigers and brummbars!

<444>_<444>

Tiger's weakness: the RANGE.... which makes it killable by soviet T2 and T4 units...
Brumbar - it's AT capabilities stops at soviet T3.....

None of these above has such exagerated performances as ISU.

ISU ...a men and machines eater all the same.
14 May 2014, 14:04 PM

^You've so full of german fanboyism and bias that you even inherited german sense of humor paired with complete lack of ability to sense sarcasm, even when there is a clear emphasis on it via emote I see.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★