Login

russian armor

Omega's Japanese Faction

PAGES (7)down
12 May 2014, 08:41 AM

It's awesome :D

But They had a very weak tanks in WW2. so I think, You need set them weaker and cheaper.

1 Sherman VS 3 Chi-Ha

It will fun better :D
12 May 2014, 09:13 AM

It's awesome :D

But They had a very weak tanks in WW2. so I think, You need set them weaker and cheaper.

1 Sherman VS 3 Chi-Ha

It will fun better :D

Well their tanks weren't so bad that they couldn't pierce the rear of shermans. You have to consider the game mechanics and shermans and T34s are aready cheap. Having 10 Chi-Has roaming around gets a bit hard to control. It is supposed to be a bit similiar to the P4 vs allied armor balance where they will lose decisevely from the front, but can even the balance if attacking from the rear. I kind of estimated with most the stats, but the Chi-ha should deflect often against medium other medium tanks front armor. You also want to make sure they can do a little something to heavy armor to make it fair.

As for the Chi-Nu, they were designed to go head to head with the current medium armor at the time, but like the other medium tanks fail when faced with heavely armored tanks.

The thin armor is also a big weakness as even light tanks can reliably pen them, but they should have a high rate of fire to compensate a bit. Remember this tank isn't about what tank can beat what tank, but rather about how you use the advantages of those tanks. Two T34s will lose easily to a tiger from the front, but is they use their speed to flank they can take it out quickly.

I really don't know why people on this forum try to simplify these discussions down to what tank can beat what. Just because the IS-2 has a lot of armor and lots of penetration doesn't mean a Chi-nu can never damage it. They just need to attack the rear.
12 May 2014, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 06:04 AMAffe

I am not the one who wants to fight with japanese Infantry against ISU-152, KV-8 and IS-2.:)

so one tank can kill whole Jap army?
12 May 2014, 09:24 AM

so one tank can kill whole Jap army?

Did you ever Play the game?Soviets of course can build much more then 1 tank.And thats the Problem......and i also think ist not much fun to fight with infantry only against tanks.There would be no epic tank battles and that would ruin the fun and would be nothing more then a downgrade from the actual gameplay.
12 May 2014, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 09:24 AMAffe

Did you ever Play the game?Soviets of course can build much more then 1 tank.And thats the Problem......and i also think ist not much fun to fight with infantry only against tanks.There would be no epic tank battles and that would ruin the fun and would be nothing more then a downgrade from the actual gameplay.
So if a faction has no heavy tanks, they have no tanks at all. What about the americans, do you really think can't fight the germans. The current M4c seems to be doing just fine.
12 May 2014, 09:54 AM

So if a faction has no heavy tanks, they have no tanks at all. What about the americans, do you really think can't fight the germans. The current M4c seems to be doing just fine.

I can`t understand why People are so extremely fanatical about adding a faction to the game which have the worst Equipment and the weakest and most boring tanks out off all armys. I don t understand that.Playing such a faction doesn t seem to make much sence to me.

If relic would add Japan and all the Equipment they used in the war it would be a downgraded axis faction. It would be like a german faction with outdated infantry weapons and extremely weak light tanks.I simply don t get the Point in adding such a faction.
12 May 2014, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 09:54 AMAffe

I can`t understand why People are so extremely fanatical about adding a faction to the game which have the worst Equipment and the weakest and most boring tanks out off all armys. I don t understand that.Playing such a faction doesn t seem to make much sence to me.

If relic would add Japan and all the Equipment they used in the war it would be a downgraded axis faction. It would be like a german faction with outdated infantry weapons and extremely weak light tanks.I simply don t get the Point in adding such a faction.
Maybe that's just your style of play. It sounds like you go directly for heavy tanks every game. Have you never had your tiger killed by T34s? It's not a downgrade just a different style of play, that if anything can be even more rewarding then what you can get out of the heavier stuff. Even two T34s have double the damage patential then a tiger and since they have high speed it's not hard to get behind it where it's armor means almost nothing.
12 May 2014, 10:27 AM

I don't want to seem rude Affe, but it's like we are having 2 different conversations. You keep arguing as if we are talking about the performance of Armies in real life. Of course Japan doesn't stand a chance against most these armies in real life. but inside the confines of these games the rules are a lot different. This isn't a simulator. All sides are balanced to have an equal chance. There's a reason the SU-85 has 50 more pen then a T34-85 even though they have the same gun.

Do you really think relic would add a faction that can't compete with the others? This entire thread was to show someone like you how they can do that and to be honest you haven't given me a single reason why the faction I created would be underpowered.
12 May 2014, 10:36 AM

I don't want to seem rude Affe, but it's like we are having 2 different conversations. You keep arguing as if we are talking about the performance of Armies in real life. Of course Japan doesn't stand a chance against most these armies in real life. but inside the confines of these games the rules are a lot different. This isn't a simulator. All sides are balanced to have an equal chance. There's a reason the SU-85 has 50 more pen then a T34-85 even though they have the same gun.

Do you really think relic would add a faction that can't compete with the others? This entire thread was to show someone like you how they can do that and to be honest you haven't given me a single reason why the faction I created would be underpowered.

My Problems are not only about the Balance.Of course relic could add a japanese light tank and give them 500 damage or something.But the japanese Options in tanks and vehicles are generally extremely limited compared to the other armys.

The question is not only about the Balance its also about: "Is such an army fun to Play for the majority of Players?".And i have Problems to believe that its fun to Play an army with very limited Options.

And ok you could make it a bit unrealistic and give them some kind of japanese-magic-troops that can easily destroy enemy tanks but again: "Will most Players like such an idea and playstyle?".

Relic can not spend Money and add an army that almost nobody wants to Play.
12 May 2014, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 10:36 AMAffe

My Problems are not only about the Balance.Of course relic could add a japanese light tank and give them 500 damage or something.But the japanese Options in tanks and vehicles are generally extremely limited compared to the other armys.

The question is not only about the Balance its also about: "Is such an army fun to Play for the majority of Players?".And i have Problems to believe that its fun to Play an army with very limited Options.

And ok you could make it a bit unrealistic and give them some kind of japanese-magic-troops that can easily destroy enemy tanks but again: "Will most Players like such an idea and playstyle?".

Relic can not spend Money and add an army that almost nobody wants to Play.

Well I can understand why you think that, but I think your viewpoint is rather limited. Judging by the response to this thread and the many others in this community I have seen a good interest in such a faction. And I don't think they need to be as exagirated as you think to be a good faction.

I'll just call this a difference of opinion, but I think you need to accept that just because you find these kind of playstyles boring, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.
12 May 2014, 11:19 AM

Well I can understand why you think that, but I think your viewpoint is rather limited. Judging by the response to this thread and the many others in this community I have seen a good interest in such a faction. And I don't think they need to be as exagirated as you think to be a good faction.

I'll just call this a difference of opinion, but I think you need to accept that just because you find these kind of playstyles boring, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Yeah you are right the interest here in a japanese faction is surprisingly big here.

But i think the interest in a japanese faction is only big because most People don t know much about the japanese army.In there Fantasy they believe that the IJA army had super cool tanks and vehicles and masses of modern infantry weapons.Well in reality they didn t have such cool things.

Most People who think it would be a cool idea to add the IJA have absolutly no knowledge about this army.

The People hear about Japan and think: "Japan? Oh cool lets add them".

If i ask These People:"What do you know about the japanese weapons and tanks?". The answer is: "Errrm nothing but who cares lets add them i mean its the IJA army".

It seems that most People havent any idea about the things they wish for.
12 May 2014, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 11:19 AMAffe

It seems that most People havent any idea about the things they wish for.

On a side note, that single line actually sums up the community and 90% of "balance" concerns quite accurately.
12 May 2014, 17:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 11:49 AMKatitof

On a side note, that single line actually sums up the community and 90% of "balance" concerns quite accurately.

People in general.
13 May 2014, 06:30 AM

It's not even outta-the-box to make a faction without serious heavy armor. The brits in CoH1 didn't bring anything bigger than a firefly (crappy Churchill doctrine aside). You don't have to have late game big tanks, just things capable of killing 'em.

Pretty sure the japs had AT guns.

Just slap the germans magical "fuel-to-munis" ability into some of the japanese doctrines, or even the mythical "fuel-to-manpower" that we may or may not be getting in a commie doctrine someday.

Or hell, a fuel based version of those abilities that replace losses.

Or even go full British and have some emplacements with fuel costs.

An infantry focused faction is not the end of the world. It's just a faction that affe apparently wouldn't like to play.
13 May 2014, 08:07 AM
Donator 11

Very nice and well thought out man, I think a Coh game with USA vs Japan would be so awesome!
13 May 2014, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 06:30 AMjoebill

An infantry focused faction is not the end of the world. It's just a faction that affe apparently wouldn't like to play.

:lol:
13 May 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 06:30 AMjoebill
It's not even outta-the-box to make a faction without serious heavy armor. The brits in CoH1 didn't bring anything bigger than a firefly (crappy Churchill doctrine aside). You don't have to have late game big tanks, just things capable of killing 'em.

Pretty sure the japs had AT guns.

Just slap the germans magical "fuel-to-munis" ability into some of the japanese doctrines, or even the mythical "fuel-to-manpower" that we may or may not be getting in a commie doctrine someday.

Or hell, a fuel based version of those abilities that replace losses.

Or even go full British and have some emplacements with fuel costs.

I dunno dude, they even struggled to get reasonable at guns http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_90_75_mm_Field_Gun

They had 800 of these things. 800..

Compare that to the 100000 zis field guns and 22000 pak 40s
13 May 2014, 12:38 PM

Great work by the OP. I like many others would love to see a Japanese faction. And I think many fancy both the challenge and variety of a faction not so tied up in heavy tanks. With things like Ostwind and Sturmtiger in the game there is absolutely no reason why the late-war Jp tanks can be included. And so what if they cannot go toe 2 toe with Russias finest?

Give the Japanese different abilities to make them different and interesting, more heavy shore bombardment fex, other ideas are bicycle troops that can move quickly around the battlefield (as used in Singapore). And the crazy idea of sub-launched balloon attacks against the West coast. Could be smth like a 2 CP ability that at the cost of 30 munitions or so launches some weather balloons that slowly make their way to the enemy base landing for a small incendiary effect. Yes, weak, but, different.
13 May 2014, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 12:38 PMDeca
Great work by the OP. I like many others would love to see a Japanese faction. And I think many fancy both the challenge and variety of a faction not so tied up in heavy tanks. With things like Ostwind and Sturmtiger in the game there is absolutely no reason why the late-war Jp tanks can be included. And so what if they cannot go toe 2 toe with Russias finest?

Give the Japanese different abilities to make them different and interesting, more heavy shore bombardment fex, other ideas are bicycle troops that can move quickly around the battlefield (as used in Singapore). And the crazy idea of sub-launched balloon attacks against the West coast. Could be smth like a 2 CP ability that at the cost of 30 munitions or so launches some weather balloons that slowly make their way to the enemy base landing for a small incendiary effect. Yes, weak, but, different.

So you want a faction that is all about gimmicks but not about actual solid power.
13 May 2014, 12:44 PM

So you want a faction that is all about gimmicks but not about actual solid power.

If that is the case, why not play soviets?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
unknown 33
Germany 389
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L