Login

russian armor

Early game is only portion of coh2 that is unbalanced

Neo
7 May 2014, 15:46 PM

One think-don't think that having your units in pairs is a bad thing.
It works well for soviets, but not so much for germans.

This. Especially vs. T1 opening by Soviets.

The best way to kill off M3s is to have 2-3 grens working together.
raw
7 May 2014, 16:31 PM

I only play German

Problem identified.
7 May 2014, 16:40 PM

Have your units do something all the time and keep an eye on them also all the time. About 3-4 minutes you had your pio on the left, sitting next to a house and penals firing on them till one man was left. And there are more examples like that.

Look at the unit indicator on the top right of the screen. If one unit is firing or gets fire , then a red marker is flashing on the unit-icon. so click on that twice and the screen goes to the unit and you controlling the unit. I hope you get what i am saying, you have to know the game a little bit for that.

In general, your micro needs improvement (not necessarily the speed but the tactical, keeping unit on the go, positioning them in cover and let them help each other). Your opponent was not a good player, he didn't have a super strategy! he just kept his units on the move and later he blobbed them.

Your post shows the me you like the game and that you want to improve your self, so take the advices (not necessarily mine :p) and keep it up!!!

To bad that you can not change the title of the tread:)

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 16:31 PMraw

Problem identified.

If you watched the vid you would know that this is not the problem but whatever...
7 May 2014, 16:56 PM

Some good helpful stuff guys ... nice to see for a change!

As a newer Russian player, I'd love to give you a game we can learn together ...look me up on Steam ... ggiles050671

7 May 2014, 17:25 PM

Whenever you think something is unbeateable try replicating it, then you will learn from other players how to counter it. Works everytime on any game.
7 May 2014, 18:52 PM

Early game only portion unbalanced? I disagree. Late game is what needs to be fixed (i.e. ISU. Elefant, etc....)
7 May 2014, 18:56 PM

Good advice. I'm starting to think that I spend too much time making sure units come onto the field asap whenever the resources are available rather than focusing on the tactical. Whenever I look at my float at the end of the game, it's always extremely low. Like the unit tab advice, I'll be sure to pay more attention for crosshairs or idleness.
8 May 2014, 01:37 AM

Before I begin, I'd like to state that I consider myself a mid-tier player. ..................

You will never be able to:

1- properly counter other faction if you only play 1 faction, because you do not fully understand strengths and weaknesses of faction you play nor opposing faction you are trying to counter

2- You will always find game unbalanced because of above mentioned reasons.

If you play Soviets a bit more, you will find out where Soviet weaknesses and strengths are. Only then you will be able to counter the strengths more effectively and exploit weaknesses.

There is no better teacher than using 'OP strategy' that you find invincible and getting your ass kicked by someone who knows how to exploit the weaknesses in strategy.

You should try it, your win/loss will probably go to 2/1 in no time
8 May 2014, 09:03 AM

One think-don't think that having your units in pairs is a bad thing.
It works well for soviets, but not so much for germans.

You might cap slower, but you will push conscripts/penals back easier without many losses yourelf, allowing you to push slower but harder, eventually forcing soviet to use most of his forces against you to stop you.

True in principle, but facing a maxim spam will force your paired troops to constantly retreat and loose territory because german infantry except AG are not designed for flanking manuevers. Of course you can add mortars and/or MHTs but the game will break and the "paired troops" principle will become "not applicable".
9 May 2014, 01:32 AM

Good advice. I'm starting to think that I spend too much time making sure units come onto the field asap whenever the resources are available rather than focusing on the tactical. Whenever I look at my float at the end of the game, it's always extremely low. Like the unit tab advice, I'll be sure to pay more attention for crosshairs or idleness.

Strategic decisions and micro are supremely important in Essence-Engine games, much more so than macro intensive games like sc2. Your better off floating resources and preserving your vet-infantry than trying to spam out units like crazy.

Remember, usually, late game your going to need a pretty bug chunk of resources to call in the big boys.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★