Login

russian armor

A couple of Q's about some detailing...

6 May 2014, 18:56 PM

Can anyone help me with some detailing? I am at my first map attempt and I am having some trouble adding a some detail to an area.

Is it possible to make the weather, i.e. wind and snow, of one area of the map different then the rest of the map? I have a frozen lake in my map and I am finding it hard to blend in the soft edge as it is on the maps edge to fit the theme. And a is a crucial part of the map. I wanted to do some windy snow "on the lake", but I am not sure if its even possible. After all I guess there is only so much detail you can add to a frozen lake. I would appreciate any ideas or advice!

THANK YOU!
6 May 2014, 22:27 PM

Can anyone help me with some detailing? I am at my first map attempt and I am having some trouble adding a some detail to an area.

Is it possible to make the weather, i.e. wind and snow, of one area of the map different then the rest of the map? I have a frozen lake in my map and I am finding it hard to blend in the soft edge as it is on the maps edge to fit the theme. And a is a crucial part of the map. I wanted to do some windy snow "on the lake", but I am not sure if its even possible. After all I guess there is only so much detail you can add to a frozen lake. I would appreciate any ideas or advice!

THANK YOU!

I believe all the weather is defined in atmosphere settings, which is global. There might be some NIS (animation) stuff that you could do, but I'm no expert, and I think that is for cinematic..etc.
You could apply the same sort of detailing, as in the frozen rivers on the stock maps. There is quite a bit of SPLT's and splines, in those. You could always add some rocky island in the middle of the lake, even if it cannot be accessed, it would look natural.
9 May 2014, 03:15 AM

I believe all the weather is defined in atmosphere settings, which is global. There might be some NIS (animation) stuff that you could do, but I'm no expert, and I think that is for cinematic..etc.
You could apply the same sort of detailing, as in the frozen rivers on the stock maps. There is quite a bit of SPLT's and splines, in those. You could always add some rocky island in the middle of the lake, even if it cannot be accessed, it would look natural.

Thank You! I appreciate it! That really helps!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★