Login

russian armor

Poor MG42 vs Rich MaxPin!

PAGES (7)down
14 May 2014, 10:03 AM

Are we really having this discussion again after so many months?

Maybe is time to face the truth? If you're unable to utilise MG42 to its full potential maybe the problem lies within you and not the unit design?
Seriously L2P.
14 May 2014, 12:54 PM

Are we really having this discussion again after so many months?

Maybe is time to face the truth? If you're unable to utilise MG42 to its full potential maybe the problem lies within you and not the unit design?
Seriously L2P.

Easy to say l2p without any arguments. the disparity between the use and worth of both mg's is rather colossal. if the maxim can simply ram itself into a mg42 and win you know you have a balance issue.
14 May 2014, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 12:54 PMJaigen

Easy to say l2p without any arguments. the disparity between the use and worth of both mg's is rather colossal. if the maxim can simply ram itself into a mg42 and win you know you have a balance issue.

It might be a complete newsflash for you, but HMGs are not supposed to fight each other equally, just like snipers are not supposed to fight each other equally, just like cons and grens are not supposed to fight each other equally(advantage shifts with distance and upgrades here), just like IS-2 and Tiger are not supposed to fight each other equally, just like mortars are not supposed to fight each other equally, just like AT guns are not supposed to fight each other equally ect ect.

Do you start to see the pattern?

Why do we not see a threads saying "ZiS-3 is OP and needs nurfnurfnurf because it beats PaK40 and even PaK43"?
14 May 2014, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 13:00 PMKatitof

Why do we not see a threads saying "ZiS-3 is OP and needs nurfnurfnurf because it beats PaK40 and even PaK43"?

because of asymmetrical balance. The zis is more flexible because of barrage. but pak has superior AT power as compensation. Now we have a defensive mg42 and the offensive maxim. But the maxim surpasses the mg42 as a defensive tool as well. so right now we have the mg42 which requires massive amount of babysitting and is in general a liability and on the other side we have ultra flexible maxim that can even be spammed as a unit on some maps.

This is an imbalance end of story.
14 May 2014, 13:36 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 13:23 PMJaigen

because of asymmetrical balance.

There is no imbalance end of story.

Played a 2v2 the other day and my team mate says I'm going a-grens and proceeds to spam 3, 4 then 5 squads into a maxim at a choke point which he could easily of flanked, calls unit op and quits. true story..........
14 May 2014, 13:49 PM

because of asymmetrical balance. The zis is more flexible because of barrage. but pak has superior AT power as compensation. Now we have a defensive mg42 and the offensive maxim. But the maxim surpasses the mg42 as a defensive tool as well. so right now we have the mg42 which requires massive amount of babysitting and is in general a liability and on the other side we have ultra flexible maxim that can even be spammed as a unit on some maps.

This guy.....is weird
14 May 2014, 13:59 PM

Ok, so lets sum up:

If equal price unit of similar(not same) role is superior in some aspect for germans, its asymetrical balance.

If equal price unit of similar role is superior in some aspect for soviets, its bad balance.

Did I got you right? Because thats exactly what you have said.

If you are loosing to Maxim spam, you're doing something terribly wrong, like refusing to use mortars or snipers.

And don't give me crap about sov sniper, it doesn't exist in sov T2, if you refuse to use proper units to counter specific unit, its your fault, not games balance.
14 May 2014, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 13:59 PMKatitof

Ok, so lets sum up:

If equal price unit of similar(not same) role is superior in some aspect for germans, its asymetrical balance.

If equal price unit of similar role is superior in some aspect for soviets, its bad balance.

If you are loosing to Maxim spam, you're doing something terribly wrong, like refusing to use mortars or snipers.

And don't give me crap about sov sniper, it doesn't exist in sov T2, if you refuse to use proper units to counter specific unit, its your fault, not games balance.

LET ME MARRY YOU D:
14 May 2014, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 09:55 AMJaigen

Why does this matter when you can pack up your hmg instantly and redeploy under 2 seconds against an enemy that doesn't have oorah? in most cases the larger arch is useless. if you use a hmg you need to identify flanking routes and cut-off points. and very simply put the maxim can just as easily cut of any point in the 1vs1 map as mg42. and has better suppression to boot.

Because due to AI design, Maxim crew can not pivot the gun around its location, usually when I want to relocate Maxim, it's will unpack the gun, spin it around in a semi circle than unpack it, which increase its reposition time significantly, Maxim works best when there is a cons duking out with gren than a maxim run in to suppress them from a far. MG 42 has better range + better cons of fire, which is of utmost importance in defensive play. 1 Gren + 1 MG can beat 3 cons from the front, while the same can not be said for maxim.
14 May 2014, 16:30 PM

MG 42 has better range + better cons of fire, which is of utmost importance in defensive play.
This argument is flawed. With that adjustment the MG42 can be useless in a bigger area. Congratulations.
14 May 2014, 17:24 PM

Ok, so lets sum up:

I didnt say that .

I didnt say that either you fucking worthless brain dead twit. when your done trolling i will take my leave.
14 May 2014, 17:25 PM

LET ME MARRY YOU D:

may you have loads of brain-dead baby's together.
15 May 2014, 01:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Its ok relic knows what they are doing. Obvioisly maxim should be far superior and instant pin capability. Mg42 should remain crap. We dont need germans to be equal to soviets in any respect anymore. Othwrwise the game will be fair. Duhhhh
15 May 2014, 01:33 AM

Its ok relic knows what they are doing. Obvioisly maxim should be far superior and instant pin capability. Mg42 should remain crap. We dont need germans to be equal to soviets in any respect anymore. Othwrwise the game will be fair. Duhhhh

Oh, cut the crap already will ya?
MG42 is not useless. Period. You simply have no idea how to use it correctly.
Watch some replays and see how other use it.
15 May 2014, 02:38 AM

Oh, cut the crap already will ya?
MG42 is not useless. Period. You simply have no idea how to use it correctly.
Watch some replays and see how other use it.

That's the truth,

Maxim is a noob friendly joke that rotating faster than a LMG42 Gren, any noobs can just A move that shit, annoying like fuck, and losing it doesn't need to give a fuck.

MG42 is more likely a trap that need something else luring the Reds into it, definitely more skill is required, and losing it to Soviet is a real pain in the ass. That's why top German player don't even bother to get one. It is not cost effective, suppression cannot bleed manpower, but getting one more Gren instead can. Wonder why the east MG42 is so inferior than the west.

Example situation:
Maxim moving and see a Gren in front, press stop and set up, Gren suppressed
MG42 moving and see a Cons in front, press stop and set up, Cons oohwa, MG42 is fucked

and Maxim spammer is very likely to spam more and more maxim, making a good Gren flank is almost impossible, by the time you can get 222, Zis is on the field already. The high crew number of Maxim can make them a useable weapon to gain a lot of area. MG42/Osttruppen/251 was used to be able to do the same, but the stupid high cost of Osttruppen now making this less effective than pre patched.
15 May 2014, 05:29 AM
Patrion 15

IMO maxims and MG42s are in a good spot this patch.
15 May 2014, 06:50 AM

Even if one is better than the other, any balance issues they have are dwarfed by other things. It's not worth touching it in a patch until we see what the game is like after we fix the actually-significant problems.
15 May 2014, 07:36 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 02:38 AMPorygon

That's the truth,

Maxim is a noob friendly joke that rotating faster than a LMG42 Gren, any noobs can just A move that shit, annoying like fuck, and losing it doesn't need to give a fuck.

MG42 is more likely a trap that need something else luring the Reds into it, definitely more skill is required, and losing it to Soviet is a real pain in the ass. That's why top German player don't even bother to get one. It is not cost effective, suppression cannot bleed manpower, but getting one more Gren instead can. Wonder why the east MG42 is so inferior than the west.

Example situation:
MG42 moving and see a Cons in front, press stop and set up, Cons oohwa, MG42 is fucked

and Maxim spammer is very likely to spam more and more maxim, making a good Gren flank is almost impossible, by the time you can get 222, Zis is on the field already. The high crew number of Maxim can make them a useable weapon to gain a lot of area. MG42/Osttruppen/251 was used to be able to do the same, but the stupid high cost of Osttruppen now making this less effective than pre patched.

But but but... relic. They want balance...
15 May 2014, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 17:24 PMJaigen

I didnt say that either you fucking worthless brain dead twit. when your done trolling i will take my leave.

Funny how you resort to insults instead of giving a decent argument... Must be something wrong with your argument...
15 May 2014, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 02:38 AMPorygon

That's the truth,

Example situation:

What's so hard in flanking Maxim's tiny arc of fire?
I understand you struggle against this unit but it's not because this unit is OP or MG42 under performs.
L2P time.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
United States 18
unknown 9
Australia 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W