Login

russian armor

Poor MG42 vs Rich MaxPin!

PAGES (7)down
Neo
7 May 2014, 10:01 AM

Both MGs do their job pretty well.

Both have effective counters:

To counter maxim spam: mortars, MHT, scout car, early Ostwind etc.
To counter MG42: flank with several squads, molotovs, vet1 Soviet mortar, Zis barrage, flamer in M3 etc.

MGs have to be supported these days and microed well to have an impact on the battle.
7 May 2014, 10:04 AM

mg 42 is great.
Why?
When im playing as soviets, if i manage to get myself an mg42, im pretty confident that i will win the game. Why? Because an mg 42 is simply amazing.

However, when im playing as the germans, if i manage to get myself a maxim, i'm not so confident. Yes, i still steal it, but not because i really need it, i just deny it to my opponent.
7 May 2014, 11:26 AM

MG42 or PaK40 + 6 men squad = GG
7 May 2014, 11:37 AM

The only thing I would consider changing on MG42 is set up time. I'd decrease it by 0.5 second.
7 May 2014, 13:00 PM

The only thing I would consider changing on MG42 is set up time. I'd decrease it by 0.5 second.

Yep.
9 May 2014, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 10:01 AMNeo
Both MGs do their job pretty well.

Both have effective counters:

To counter maxim spam: mortars, MHT, scout car, early Ostwind etc.
To counter MG42: flank with several squads, molotovs, vet1 Soviet mortar, Zis barrage, flamer in M3 etc.

MGs have to be supported these days and microed well to have an impact on the battle.

No the maxim surpasses the mg42 in its role a defensive mg and its a hell of a lot better as an offensive mg. for its flexible mobile and can be used on terrain that would be completely unsuited for the mg42.

the mg42 to viable again it needs a massive suppression buff that pins a conscript flat in 2 burst.
9 May 2014, 13:52 PM

IMO you shouldnt be able to use SUPPORT weapons alone, they should act and work with cons/grens because they are SUPPORT weapons...
9 May 2014, 15:08 PM

You also SUPPORT your Grens when your SUPPORT MG42 locks down a sector alone, because it creates space for them / protects their flank / whatever.
9 May 2014, 17:08 PM

You also SUPPORT your Grens when your SUPPORT MG42 locks down a sector alone, because it creates space for them / protects their flank / whatever.

and it fails miserably at that
9 May 2014, 17:14 PM

I only hate when cons run into my mg and moli it and don't give a fuck about suppression.

I say both mgs should have more set-up time and for compensation when a unit comes under fire from an mg, it's abilities would get -50% range (no more retarded derpmoli for the mg and annoying rifle nades for the maxim's crew)
9 May 2014, 17:51 PM

I only hate when cons run into my mg and moli it and don't give a fuck about suppression.

I say both mgs should have more set-up time and for compensation when a unit comes under fire from an mg, it's abilities would get -50% range (no more retarded derpmoli for the mg and annoying rifle nades for the maxim's crew)

+1. Same with the Double Rnade LOL on the Maxim. So so stupid. Should need mortars or flanks not bum rush LOL NADE on them. Or at least make them lose Entities in a VERY punishing way.
9 May 2014, 18:42 PM

I'm so tired of this person creating ridiculous posts, not only because his English is so horrible that my eyes hurt reading it but also because he refuses to play a bit longer to understand game mechanics.
9 May 2014, 18:51 PM

IMO you shouldnt be able to use SUPPORT weapons alone, they should act and work with cons/grens because they are SUPPORT weapons...

+1 for valid point.

MG and Maxims must work together with infantry.

For example, you see a cons squad charging your mg42 to oohrah lolotov. Obviously, their path is predictable because they charge in straight line. If you have your grens supporting mg, you can shoot a rifle grenade right in their path and kill 3 of 6 models. Start moving your mg. Deploy and suppress while grens keep conscripts busy.
9 May 2014, 18:59 PM

MGs should be more expensive like 270 and would have the changes i mentioned in order to lock down an area rather than using it as a frontline unit. This should stop infantry killing mgs with nades and molis and gave mg a better use.
9 May 2014, 19:15 PM
Donator 33

I think the reason why people say that MG-42´s dont suppress in 1 burst, must be because the weapons dont reload their "bursts" after firing.

So if the default amount of bullets being fired in 1 burst is 100%, and the combat ends leaving 30% ammo left in the burst before firing another full burst.

Then it makes it seem like they dont suppress in 1 burst but in 2

( and maxim fires shorter bursts than MG-42 making it seem like it suppresses faster or MG-42 just needs to have almost 1 full burst ready to suppress in 1 go)
9 May 2014, 19:33 PM

On another node I always thought it was silly that MGs don't reload after a fight... (not the bursts, but that sounds like BS too), but the actual 6? second reload. Nothing better than a MG you set perfectly up against 2 rushing cons, and it reloads after the first burst.
9 May 2014, 19:56 PM

Hmm, maybe maxims and mg42's should be given a manual reload after reaching vet 1?
So you can click and reload whenever you need to.
9 May 2014, 22:10 PM

Permanently Banned
Played an interesting point, because there is a big difference from molotov to grenade rifle, the molotov fire always requires you MG to run away or take other place, and the rifle grenade sometimes not even work right, and with 6 guys on one side vs a little explosion and 4 guys on the other side vs on fire, it is difficult to compete... This is more clear on some maps...

But that reload problem, they dont thrown bullets away, but could put from 2 in 2 minutes full reload, takes time to put the bullets on a mg leash...

This is the real method (bullets on trash noooo), if have a button reload, the game will be much battlefield irreal war...
9 May 2014, 22:21 PM
Patrion 27

Hmm, maybe maxims and mg42's should be given a manual reload after reaching vet 1?
So you can click and reload whenever you need to.

This is a brilliant idea. I don't think veterancy is necessary though.
10 May 2014, 07:59 AM

+1 for valid point.

MG and Maxims must work together with infantry.

For example, you see a cons squad charging your mg42 to oohrah lolotov. Obviously, their path is predictable because they charge in straight line. If you have your grens supporting mg, you can shoot a rifle grenade right in their path and kill 3 of 6 models. Start moving your mg. Deploy and suppress while grens keep conscripts busy.

So you spend much more time running away then suppressing. Your not making a better argument it just shows how unreliable the mg42 is. the mg42 is supposed to be a force multiplier if it cannot do that i will simply buy a gren squad over the mg42.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 70
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %