Login

russian armor

Mines are fundamentally flawed in coh2

6 May 2014, 11:09 AM

I think the way mines are implemented in coh1/2 is flawed. They remind me of the way stealth was implemented in coh1 where it was too good because a unit can hide in plain sight. Mines have the same problem they are too good in their current form.

They should function as a blind area-denial tool. If you plant them in one spot neither your opponent nor you can walk/drive over them without suffering a blow (with the exception that u can see them while he can't).

Right now mines function more like smart bombs with auto sensing. I think that is too good for such a cheap tool(30/60ammo).

PS: This is topic is not about which mine is op in the current patch but as mines in concept.

What do you think?
6 May 2014, 11:12 AM

We have only tuesday and this already deserves "worst idea of the week" stamp.

There is only so much you can do in RTS, thats why idea like this was never ever implemented in any RTS, its because its bad, both for balance and for gameplay creating counter intuitive scenarios.

Thou I'm sure you look forward to planting minefield, being forced to retreat and loose your own squads on the very same mine field you have planted. This is the reason why no one ever did it. Its simply bad.
6 May 2014, 11:13 AM

I think I know, but can you tell me why?
6 May 2014, 11:22 AM
Donator 11

If you want realism play blitzkrieg mod.
6 May 2014, 13:58 PM

There is only so much you can do in RTS, thats why idea like this was never ever implemented in any RTS, its because its bad, both for balance and for gameplay creating counter intuitive scenarios.

Thou I'm sure you look forward to planting minefield, being forced to retreat and loose your own squads on the very same mine field you have planted. This is the reason why no one ever did it. Its simply bad.

Nice to see you edit your post ;)

You say its bad design. Aside from the retreat path, is there anything bad about it?

I don't think that is necessarily bad, because it might force players to use mines more intelligently to cover flank for example.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 11:22 AMspajn
If you want realism play blitzkrieg mod.

what is that?
6 May 2014, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 11:09 AMAbdul

Right now mines function more like smart bombs with auto sensing. I think that is too good for such a cheap tool(30/60ammo).

What do you think?

Ehh, well... the purpose of mines is to trigger an explosion when someone steps on it or drives over it.
6 May 2014, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree with that.

Mines only do damage to enemy? That is a alien tecnology?

Put a mark on the map!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS