Login

russian armor

Is random auto match driving u crazy?

6 May 2014, 13:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think it is stupid you start with a fresh ranking every time you play AT with a new team, it shoud at least incorporate the average ELO of your previous teams in that mode.
6 May 2014, 13:52 PM

Jinseual is correct.

it takes 10 games to get ELO

on top of that if you play 3v3, ELO decides by combined ELO ranking

So you might have one 270 ELO rank points player with 2 x 15 ELO rank points matched vs
3x 100 ELO rank points players.

Automatch will consider that as Balanced game.

Basically the longer you wait, skill difference will be greater and match up annoying,

If you get instant 2v2 game, you probably got teamate without ELO ranking (just started playing multyplayer) vs a probable good 2v2 team

omg that explains some of those crazy games I had. this and the new players with no elo.
6 May 2014, 13:58 PM

Other then 1v1 and 2v2 arranged team (when lucky)

This game just doesn't have nowhere near enough active players for team automatch.
Would need 10's of thousands players for automatch to work properly
6 May 2014, 15:13 PM

Other then 1v1 and 2v2 arranged team (when lucky)

This game just doesn't have nowhere near enough active players for team automatch.
Would need 10's of thousands players for automatch to work properly

As i already said before!!!
6 May 2014, 15:23 PM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198031720387
I don't like the auto match system, I never get anyone on my skill level always above me. I guess it makes me a better player.
6 May 2014, 16:21 PM

Two other things:

It takes the other players queue times into account too. So if a top player has been waiting a long time, it will instantly match you with them even if your ELO is significantly lower.

Second, you can try to get better matches by aborting the search. If it goes for more than a minute or two, there is no one in your bracket, so abort and try again in a minute or two. Otherwise it expands the search, taking everyone's queue times into account.

7 May 2014, 11:07 AM

Two other things:

It takes the other players queue times into account too. So if a top player has been waiting a long time, it will instantly match you with them even if your ELO is significantly lower.

Second, you can try to get better matches by aborting the search. If it goes for more than a minute or two, there is no one in your bracket, so abort and try again in a minute or two. Otherwise it expands the search, taking everyone's queue times into account.

That only works for 1v1 tho, 2v2 and up you can get game in 30 sec and still have players of comical mismatch when it comes to skill levels and 'balanced' game
8 May 2014, 04:02 AM

P2w commanders and abysmal balance chased most of the community away.. Oh yeah, no lobby for custom annihilation matches burned a lot of players too. I am no sure what idiot at relic decided to remove one of the things that made the game great.
8 May 2014, 04:33 AM

That only works for 1v1 tho, 2v2 and up you can get game in 30 sec and still have players of comical mismatch when it comes to skill levels and 'balanced' game

2v2 random queue takes forever for me as well usually...But yeah, it will average the ELOs and it's just..lol.

8 May 2014, 04:44 AM

Yesterday I was randomly matched with good players who were also steam friends, does steam friendship effect the random matching process?
8 May 2014, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2014, 04:44 AMAbdul
Yesterday I was randomly matched with good players who were also steam friends, does steam friendship effect the random matching process?

Nope, it's 100% ELO.
11 May 2014, 16:54 PM

Today, I met the most amazing randome teammate ever.

He loses his side in 10 min and then asks me this:

12 May 2014, 16:06 PM

My conclusion on random 2v2s is dont take it serious. The guys who did the automatch-elo probobly put a lot of effort in to it. But the truth is it would be almost as good or even better if the automatch was pure random.
12 May 2014, 18:14 PM

I don't have trouble finding players in automatch for 2v2s. I found games a lot faster in 2v2s, than I do in heroes and generals or counter strike global offensive.
12 May 2014, 18:36 PM
Donator 11

I feel with you, because of the 2 or 3 games we had recently and the chat was just ...(without words)...

Truth is in Coh you can't really win 2v1 vs any decent players (at least i do...) , but its so hard to carry somone who is not even 'bad', but has issues with core mechanics.

And sometimes its really hard to ignore all the bullshit ...
Most people don't even see how imbalanced a matchup can be and think they are the king of the world and wtf own you... (side note..do some people really enjoy playing coh flamewise or is this some kind of masochism?^^)

Back on topic...
if i get a random asking you whats an ISU , i just quit the instant.
I enjoy the game,, but not the regular matchups...
I trade xxxx losses over one good game of "equal" players any day and time.... i don't see it anymore to just try hard and carry someone random and im impressed by the random players who actually are able to do that...

From my point of view, i think with this small player base the 2v2 random matchups in vcoh were far better. Wasn't it a combination of rank and elo ?

12 May 2014, 23:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 16:54 PMAbdul
Today, I met the most amazing randome teammate ever.

He loses his side in 10 min and then asks me this:

I legitimately don't know how to either. There's no need to learn if you never surrender.

:)

(I just quit instead)
13 May 2014, 08:51 AM

I legitimately don't know how to either. There's no need to learn if you never surrender.

:)

(I just quit instead)

ok maybe u are right, but if you are not convinced check this one out, its beyond nooby, its RETARDED:

The best part, I won after he left :)
13 May 2014, 09:04 AM

I agree that automach is stupid. Some days ago while trying to play random 2v2 in the opposing team was Abdul. WTF, I am (or was) only 2800 on 2v2! My partner left after 5 minutes and I left the match. Then, in the next game, automach placed me against Jesulin. Double WTF :)
13 May 2014, 10:43 AM

Given that often there is only around 10 people searching for a game, its no surprise that sometimes automatch has no choice but to mismatch players. Otherwise they would just be left on searching screen for far too long.

If it bothers you, help your chances by ticking as many game modes as possible, by having more selected, automatch will always pick the one which has the closest matched players.. (so say 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3).
13 May 2014, 11:08 AM

Given that often there is only around 10 people searching for a game, its no surprise that sometimes automatch has no choice but to mismatch players. Otherwise they would just be left on searching screen for far too long.

If it bothers you, help your chances by ticking as many game modes as possible, by having more selected, automatch will always pick the one which has the closest matched players.. (so say 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3).

Very interesting suggestion, but I dont think it will work with new players who have no elo rating. You will still get matched with them if they are searching and I think the recent sale relic had has increased their number for the time being.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★