russian armor

question to relic/sega

9 Feb 2013, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

where the fuck is coh2 beta?
9 Feb 2013, 15:55 PM

9 Feb 2013, 16:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just relax. There is no need to start posting these kind off comments. It won't help, and you make yourself kinda look like a spoiled kid that doesn't get what he wants.

We are all awaiting the beta. And most of us understand that Relic has just been bought by another company. They need time to set everything up and discuss on how they're gonna plan everything up to the release of the game. So just be patient, and go play some other game until it's here.
9 Feb 2013, 17:35 PM

It's valid question! One we're all asking. They may need time, but we need communication. That's all we're asking for, and I think it is a reasonable request.
9 Feb 2013, 17:50 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It sounds like they hired Lynx, I'm sure as soon as he gets set up he'll start talking to us. All companies have to decide what information they want to release and what they don't want to release, so they can't just start spouting out stuff without first thinking it through. They don't want to make any promises they can't keep.
9 Feb 2013, 17:58 PM

It's valid question! One we're all asking. They may need time, but we need communication. That's all we're asking for, and I think it is a reasonable request.

We have communication - Relic was just bought by another company.

This would have been enough for me for even a couple months of silence, but QDuffy posted an update over on the official forums. I suggest you go look it up.
9 Feb 2013, 18:22 PM

We have communication - Relic was just bought by another company.

This would have been enough for me for even a couple months of silence, but QDuffy posted an update over on the official forums. I suggest you go look it up.

Thanks Pal, but I read that vague piece... "We know that we know nothing" isn't enough communication for me!
9 Feb 2013, 18:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thanks Pal, but I read that vague piece... "We know that we know nothing" isn't enough communication for me!

You only hear what you want to hear it seems. If Quinn Duffy says that they don't know anything either, then they don't. Just because they don't say what you want to hear, you conclude that it isn't enough communication for you. I read his post, I understand that they need to time to sort everything out. So I wait patiently until Relic and SEGA come with more info. And I rather have that, then QDuffy posting everyday that they still don't know anything.

I feel like I posted pretty much the same message now on this topic. I guess some people just don't understand it, and there is no point in trying to talk some sense into them.. :(
9 Feb 2013, 19:08 PM

Quinn Duffy wants exact questions like "where the fuck is coh2 beta?" to start popping up all over CoH fan sites.

He wants this because it will force Sega to hire a Community Manager.

As a result, I don't think we'll hear from Quinn again on this matter. I think the new CM will put out this fire.

And it is a fire that will rage on and grow the longer Relic and Sega say nothing.
9 Feb 2013, 20:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I thought they already hired Lynx.
9 Feb 2013, 22:29 PM

It's not official. It's just speculation
10 Feb 2013, 00:34 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Well it's speculation based on Lynx basically saying it on his twitter account. So either he's fucking with us big time or he's hired. And is Lynx the kind of guy to fuck with us?
10 Feb 2013, 00:36 AM
Donator 11

It's not official (yet) but...Lynx posted a pic of sonic poster on tweeter, also mentioned meeting his new team in San Francisco...go figure ;)
10 Feb 2013, 05:33 AM

One thing though about the company changing hands , i do remember a story which happened near the place i grew up , well long story short there was a big factory that belonged to a large multinational company , after some point it got selled to another big multinational company which intended to change the produced goods , guess what , if memory serves me well they managed to do it without stopping the work for a single day , i dont know , it just seems a bit impossible for one company to stop its work for such a reason especially when they knew that there were people interested in buying them . Could it be a marketing trick , its not unheard of and it does create the intended result , people searcing and discussing , or perhaps THQ wanted cash and announced the beta earlier than it would be fully ready , also it just seems a bit weird for sega to invest a truckload of money in relic and then not bother to inform relic of their views leading the developers to say when they are ready we are ready , but all that is speculation so i could just as well be wrong + that i just cannot imagine that the lead designer got where he is by being dishonest with the custommers.
10 Feb 2013, 06:54 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Relic didn't stop working, THQ stopped working. Relic is making the game, THQ was keeping us updated and doing PR work. THQ literally disappeared and now it's Sega's job to keep us updated but they have to decide what htey want to tell us, and how, and when. Relic can't just go saying whatever it wants because it has to do what Sega wants, presumably. Because Sega now owns Relic.
10 Feb 2013, 10:57 AM

Relic didn't stop working, THQ stopped working. Relic is making the game, THQ was keeping us updated and doing PR work. THQ literally disappeared and now it's Sega's job to keep us updated but they have to decide what htey want to tell us, and how, and when. Relic can't just go saying whatever it wants because it has to do what Sega wants, presumably. Because Sega now owns Relic.

+1
Hux
10 Feb 2013, 13:08 PM
Patrion 14

what you guys going on about? I got my BETA key two days ago.... and its arrrmmmmmaaazzzziinnnnggg!!!!!ONE
10 Feb 2013, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2013, 05:33 AMkafrion
that i just cannot imagine that the lead designer got where he is by being dishonest with the custommers.

Quinn seems honest to me, but all i see is his public persona.
Lots of lead designers "get to where they are" by being ruthlessly dishonest.

Relic didn't stop working, THQ stopped working. Relic is making the game, ...Sega wants, presumably. Because Sega now owns Relic.

to be more precise Relic acknowledged that THQ's bankruptcy process issues with the trustee forced them to put a halt to progress on the imminent the beta test in early January. This, despite Jason Rubin's constant re assurances through all of THQ's financial problems. So I can understand why some customers may be a tad cautious at this point.

We await the next development in the CoH2 development saga.
Only Relic postRelic 10 Feb 2013, 17:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This. It's Sega's call when the beta starts, and I'm sure Quinn will be the first to know when it happens.
10 Feb 2013, 19:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^^

This.

If the OP had read Quinn's post on the Official Forums, he would have seen that the Nihonese process of inculcation into the Sega group appears to have commenced.

My understanding is that albeit Nihonese business attitudes to acquisitions has started to be more accepting, nevertheless there is still a certain amount of reservation towards M & A, which can mean that traditional cultural attitudes such as not boasting can come into play. e.g. there has been only one announcement so far by SEGA about the acquisition itself. (Traditionsally, Nihonese business regarded the natural growth of its own companies as preferable and paramount). Of one thing however, I am reasonably certain: it is highly unlikely in this context that SEGA would intend to break up the Relic studio.

It also means, I suspect, that SEGA will probably be cautious about an early release of a game which might have been rushed prematurely by THQ. Saving face militates against this.

As, however, the appointment of a community manager seems imminent, doubtless news may filter through shortly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 53
Poland 12
Sweden 3
United States 15
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L