Login

russian armor

ridiculous russian buff

5 May 2014, 17:38 PM

+1 its funny everyone is ignoring this post by a top tier player. OP may be trying to just spam grens, however, t1 soviets is insanely strong. Penals are awesome, snipers are awesome, and clown is awesome with flamer in it. where as t1 germans, grens are awesome, mortars are only if sovs went t2, the mg is meh, usually dies from penal flank. bunkers are crap against t1. german snipers are a waste of mp.

One scout car and one German sniper(well with my initial tier one units for support as well of course) is how I completely shut down tier one with guards, this is my favorite game to play as Germans because it is micro intensive and challenging but who plays better will win and its Usually me.
I don't fear guards they are shit, with their shortened range and ridiculous load time they never gonna get a shot on my 222 and if they in a car its the same as using your sniper to counter snipe you wait for the right moment(the right moment being when you have got the guards in the car to pop off the at rounds at something else) then hit the scoutcar with yours and drop it so fast the guards mostly dead usually when the car blows and my sniper tearing em apart. Its artistic ;D
They try and make more scout good deal for me they will suffer the same fate and thats less units he has to gain anymap.
5 May 2014, 17:41 PM

He sux with his sniper?

Oh, thank you, Comrade Obvious.
5 May 2014, 17:46 PM

Ummm no if the Russian sniper had only one man he would be absolutely fuckin worthless and would be effectively removed from the game because the German faction has so much better sniper hunter(222) and also a far superior sniper.

Most you guys seriously don't have a fucking clue and speal clueless shit based on your clueless shit play I know its the truth. It really bothers me.... see Im all worked up.

Funny, my shitty play was more than enough to kick your ass as Soviets last night, shall I post the replay? You can also enjoy your own stream starting on 34:30: http://www.twitch.tv/freshkillpsycho/b/525996516. Theres no need to be so agressive.

Some adjustments would obviously need to be made, Im just saying that this concept of no possible decisive counter-sniping for one side is flawed.
5 May 2014, 17:51 PM

Snipers are probably the most micro and attention intensive unit in CoH2, so I can see how there would be an imbalance between snipers at some levels of play.

There might be something worth considering for Relic there, but I honestly don't know how you can balance snipers across all skill levels.
5 May 2014, 18:01 PM

Oh, thank you, Comrade Obvious.

So if this was so obvious, why have you chosen to use bad sniper player as example of how weak it apparently is?
Show an example of someone who uses snipers constantly, is top player and fails more often then not if you want to make a valid point.

Unless you wanted to go for "driver is bad, therefore the car is bad" approach, which you apparently did.
5 May 2014, 19:24 PM

Funny, my shitty play was more than enough to kick your ass as Soviets last night, shall I post the replay? You can also enjoy your own stream starting on 34:30: http://www.twitch.tv/freshkillpsycho/b/525996516. Theres no need to be so agressive.

Some adjustments would obviously need to be made, Im just saying that this concept of no possible decisive counter-sniping for one side is flawed.

Oh I remember you, I gave your third 1v1 Soviet lost game :)

There is always win and lose anyway, there is no need using it attacking other people.
5 May 2014, 19:29 PM

Oh I remember you, I gave your third 1v1 Soviet lost game :)

There is always win and lose anyway, there is no need using it attacking other people.

Read from the beggining, and you will see who started attacking who, I was just replying to his accusations of shitty play and such.

Other than that, I agree with you.
5 May 2014, 19:55 PM

lol @ cuntscripts.

6 May 2014, 03:43 AM

Permanently Banned
The problem is the low damage in all weapons levels.

11 May 2014, 01:52 AM

For 1v1:
1 man sniper or 2 man sniper teams wouldn't change much because good players will always keep them safe from harm.

The way to counter snipers is not to kill them necessarily but to make it hard for them to operate. Focus on countering the supporting troops and the snipers will be forced to hide.

The biggest mistake you can make is to dive in after them.

HE FINALLY ANSWERS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
either way a german player has to work harder to beat a equal russian one.
11 May 2014, 01:57 AM

Ummm no if the Russian sniper had only one man he would be absolutely fuckin worthless and would be effectively removed from the game because the German faction has so much better sniper hunter(222) and also a far superior sniper.

Most you guys seriously don't have a fucking clue and speal clueless shit based on your clueless shit play I know its the truth. It really bothers me.... see Im all worked up.

get out of here. what you said wernt even half true. dont u think we all tried that shit and it doesnt work? also the incendiary round only gets ONE of the sniper.
11 May 2014, 01:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 16:38 PMBryan

Don't think he said that, and you'd be hard pressed to find many who would agree with that sentiment ;)

Ostheer sniper has his perks and on the more open maps is a very viable unit choice, but between sprint and 2 man sniper squads, the Soviet one imo is the easier to use.

Not complaining mind you, its just the way things are from a design point.

dont forget the vet 0 flare that lasts longer than it recharges
11 May 2014, 02:08 AM

So if this was so obvious, why have you chosen to use bad sniper player as example of how weak it apparently is?
Show an example of someone who uses snipers constantly, is top player and fails more often then not if you want to make a valid point.

Unless you wanted to go for "driver is bad, therefore the car is bad" approach, which you apparently did.

title said no fallacious arguments. that includes inductive arguments and syllogism.
11 May 2014, 02:14 AM
Patrion 310

Learnt to edit posts.............
11 May 2014, 05:13 AM

He fires faster, cloaks faster, doesn't have to as close to the cover as the russian sniper. How is that not superior? But ur right Daniel didn't say that, he pointed out the exact reasons I find German sniper superior and I said it.

Oh yeah and also forgot to mention once you get the vet ability the the extra man on the Soviet sniper just became null and void as the incendiary round guarantees you kill both one shot. So there truly is no argument against German sniper superiority once vet is achieved.

People your leaving your German sniper in the open, your trying to a move at Russian snipers out of cover, God I see this all the time. U get Germ snipe in position and bait Russian shot and nail him , you will cloak long before he can shoot again. Lots of times (without vet) ill still get both n one go cause Russian snipers don't fear the counter snipe and are not in cover and if the knee jerk retreat you have a chance to get second shot that way if u r close enough.

Another tip if you reveal and immediately hear a mortar shell don't fuck around just retreat. Mortar shells seem to home in on snipers, he'll live a lot longer

i have times where i had my sniper in full cover and shot at a russian one. b4 he got back into cover, he was countersniped. i have sunk in few incendiary rounds into sniper and from what i recall, all of which only killed one. more oftenly, the russian sniper disappeared back into cover before finishing the whole incendiary process, which requires reloading b4 even aiming, not to mention its costliness. also the counterpartner russian flare at vet 0 lasts longer than it takes it to recharge, revealing a large radius of enemy defenses without recon plane that may get shot down. the whole sprint-away-and-shoot thing is faster and easier than to sink in an incendiary round in, due to which russian units CAN still move while being stunned. the sprint away can also tactically retreat russian sniper into a herd of cuntscripts without having to fully retreat into base.
11 May 2014, 07:54 AM

i have times where i had my sniper in full cover and shot at a russian one. b4 he got back into cover, he was countersniped. i have sunk in few incendiary rounds into sniper and from what i recall, all of which only killed one. more oftenly, the russian sniper disappeared back into cover before finishing the whole incendiary process, which requires reloading b4 even aiming, not to mention its costliness. also the counterpartner russian flare at vet 0 lasts longer than it takes it to recharge, revealing a large radius of enemy defenses without recon plane that may get shot down. the whole sprint-away-and-shoot thing is faster and easier than to sink in an incendiary round in, due to which russian units CAN still move while being stunned. the sprint away can also tactically retreat russian sniper into a herd of cuntscripts without having to fully retreat into base.

Its simple :dont use the your own sniper to counter the soviet one . The last patch the soviet sniper took a beating when it comes to its effectiveness. not only can the soviet sniper no longer hide in a scout car the overall dps of the grens at long range is now so high that they can easily kill a soviet sniper at long range. combine this with the buffs to the scout car 222 i dont see why your complaining about the soviet one.

In fact the german sniper is just sexy this patch. it doesnt have the impact that the soviet sniper has that it forces squads to retreat but properly managed they are just a massive mp drain to the soviets and snipers with 70 kills are not uncommon.
12 May 2014, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 07:54 AMJaigen

Its simple :dont use the your own sniper to counter the soviet one . The last patch the soviet sniper took a beating when it comes to its effectiveness. not only can the soviet sniper no longer hide in a scout car the overall dps of the grens at long range is now so high that they can easily kill a soviet sniper at long range. combine this with the buffs to the scout car 222 i dont see why your complaining about the soviet one.

In fact the german sniper is just sexy this patch. it doesnt have the impact that the soviet sniper has that it forces squads to retreat but properly managed they are just a massive mp drain to the soviets and snipers with 70 kills are not uncommon.

uve been clearly out of the game buddy.the scout car has been nerfed and cuntscripts+guard easily rekts it. also there is no way to take sniper guard out. grens wont do the work. make them retreat at the most. or if u manage to catch the player off guard with rifle nade.
12 May 2014, 07:11 AM

222 is great now. guards can't be everywhere and they have a shorter range. As soviet one of the main things that impacts how I play early game is 222s. Without them infantry has a much freer roam of the map. Exactly the same for soviet SC but the German one has more DPS.

If you are struggling vs sniper, just use ger sniper, hold fire and only counter snipe after theirs fires, they will retreat and takes ages to reinforce plus high cost. You can snipe in the mean time and then repeat. Forcing them to be more cautious.
12 May 2014, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 07:54 AMJaigen

Definetly this! Stop trying to chase down snipers. Grens are really good at long range. Just stop and focus fire on them and they will die really quick. The german sniper will never be the counter to the soviet sniper, mass grens and flanks are your best solutions.

And as for the guards-sniper strategy, when using a scout car don't lead with it. Use your infantry to focus on the guards not the sniper. Rifle-nades help too. If you can force a retreat on the guards the snipers have nothing to protect them and then your scout car has free reign. It takes more then one unit to counter more then one unitand T1 has no crowd control. Large well cordinated frontal pushes can be extremely powerful vs T1 strats.
12 May 2014, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just remember having a minesweeper :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment