Login

russian armor

Multplayer numbers and will they keep us alive?

30 Apr 2014, 17:53 PM

wp akosi you got me this time
30 Apr 2014, 17:56 PM
Patrion 14

It does this in Win 7 also but its a bit buggy tabbing back, for me at least. Those team players who make the first building after 30 seconds, I dont want to be one of those.

Protip: if you press Alt+Enter and go into windowed mode, it still plays sound. That way you can HEAR when the game starts, and it has never bugged out on me when I switch to the COH2 window. Once in-game you can press Alt+Enter again to go fullscreen.
30 Apr 2014, 17:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you can use steam lauch options to do it as well as a bunch of other fun stuff.
30 Apr 2014, 19:04 PM

Protip: if you press Alt+Enter and go into windowed mode, it still plays sound. That way you can HEAR when the game starts, and it has never bugged out on me when I switch to the COH2 window. Once in-game you can press Alt+Enter again to go fullscreen.

^ this. I was amazed how many people don't know about alt+enter in general.
1 May 2014, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 12:40 PMakosi
you ever considered i dont talked about ppl who play vs Ai for fun? :S

I have considered that. Still point remains, some people just don't care about ranks, stats and competitive matches. They like to play game for fun

I'll give you an example, I don't really care about stats and I don't enjoy 1v1 that much.

Not because I am bad, I am decent player with 6-7 years of VCOH experience, I just don't care. I play game for fun, I like balanced games and good battle but, thats where my ambition with video games end. I almost never check my stats.

So your presumption that people don't play competitive because they are scared might be right for percentage of player, but I think there is equal percentage of people like me.
1 May 2014, 13:09 PM

Permanently Banned
That is ok, but most of i talked about guys who are afraid about losing that is why dont play multi. It is like getting job you need experiance, but for getting experience you need job.
1 May 2014, 14:47 PM
Benefactor 360

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 12:17 PMRalph
3. Why comp stomp when playing people is 1000 times more fun, yes learning curve but a real game. (seasons would be great 5 weeks long)

I suspect they play it because, to them, playing real people isn't more fun.

Might as well ask why everyone doesn't share your set of values.
1 May 2014, 16:22 PM

I have considered that. Still point remains, some people just don't care about ranks, stats and competitive matches. They like to play game for fun

I play for fun, but I rarely have fun unless I'm playing 1v1 automatch.

I guess the underlying question is:
What is it about the competitive aspect of a game that people don't find fun? Or what is it about the single-player aspect of games that makes it more fun than multiplayer?

In my case, I've played so many single-player games that they all end up feeling like battling with excel sheets in the long run. The only fun I have playing video games is in multiplayer. There are rare cases like "The Last Of Us" that still manage to draw me in, but that's about it.
2 May 2014, 02:02 AM

I play for fun, but I rarely have fun unless I'm playing 1v1 automatch.

I guess the underlying question is:
What is it about the competitive aspect of a game that people don't find fun? Or what is it about the single-player aspect of games that makes it more fun than multiplayer?

In my case, I've played so many single-player games that they all end up feeling like battling with excel sheets in the long run. The only fun I have playing video games is in multiplayer. There are rare cases like "The Last Of Us" that still manage to draw me in, but that's about it.

What I don't find fun about competitive aspect of the game?

6-7 out of 10 games my opponent is inferior and represents no challenge. Some people get 10-20 winning game streaks and they are overjoyed, I get 10 game wining streak and I don't wish to play anymore. (I don't mean this as insult in any way, I believe everyone should play what they enjoy)
Thats why I prefer team games, where other players compensate for inferior players and you get more balanced games that actually last longer then 15 min, and have swings, players doubling up on 1 and generally unexpected things that happen during the match.

I used to play 1v1 games in VCOH, mostly vs friends who were similar skill (custom game) or vs friends who are inferior where I would use only infantry or only eng and mines.
I get sick of ranked 1v1 quickly from 2 reasons, win to many games with no challenge and seeing/using same tactics/builds game after game.

Hope that helps you understand

P.S. Playing competitive and for fun doesn't reflect mode you play. Competitive by definition means you want to win and rank up.
For example a lot of skirmish players are competitive in nature and they are proud of their 80 game win streak vs expert AI.
Likewise, playing competitive game has its element of fun. Its the element you draw most satisfaction from that is deciding factor when it comes to which game mode one plays.

If one hates losing and wants to win badly, one is most likely to play 1v1 or 2v2 arranged team because one will have rage attack when losing because of random teamates. If one hates losing even more than average 1v1 player, one plays skirmish.

My point is that its unreasonable to think that people don't play 1v1 because they are scared primarily, and assuming that everyone who plays anything other simply isn't 'good enough' for 1v1.
People just play what they enjoy

I agree with you, I personally can't stand skirmish, or arty fest like Sheldt. But, hey a lot of people enjoy it. Cannot say they are wrong for playing it
2 May 2014, 02:25 AM

What I don't find fun about competitive aspect of the game?

6-7 out of 10 games my opponent is inferior and represents no challenge. Some people get 10-20 winning game streaks and they are overjoyed, I get 10 game wining streak and I don't wish to play anymore. (I don't mean this as insult in any way, I believe everyone should play what they enjoy)
Thats why I prefer team games, where other players compensate for inferior players and you get more balanced games that actually last longer then 15 min, and have swings, players doubling up on 1 and generally unexpected things that happen during the match.

I used to play 1v1 games in VCOH, mostly vs friends who were similar skill (custom game) or vs friends who are inferior where I would use only infantry or only eng and mines.
I get sick of ranked 1v1 quickly from 2 reasons, win to many games with no challenge and seeing/using same tactics/builds game after game.

Hope that helps you understand

P.S. Playing competitive and for fun doesn't reflect mode you play. Competitive by definition means you want to win and rank up.
For example a lot of skirmish players are competitive in nature and they are proud of their 80 game win streak vs expert AI.
Likewise, playing competitive game has its element of fun. Its the element you draw most satisfaction from that is deciding factor when it comes to which game mode one plays.

If one hates losing and wants to win badly, one is most likely to play 1v1 or 2v2 arranged team because one will have rage attack when losing because of random teamates. If one hates losing even more than average 1v1 player, one plays skirmish.

My point is that its unreasonable to think that people don't play 1v1 because they are scared primarily, and assuming that everyone who plays anything other simply isn't 'good enough' for 1v1.
People just play what they enjoy

I agree with you, I personally can't stand skirmish, or arty fest like Sheldt. But, hey a lot of people enjoy it. Cannot say they are wrong for playing it

+1
2 May 2014, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 14:02 PMakosi
if you dont play multiplayer because you are afraid you get stomped for a first time, then i think you are a fking retard

They are not retards you idiot, they are just cowards. They are too afraid to fight and die for their country so they just play pretend battles with the AI.

The front lacks officers and needs more men to fight.

To you comp stompers, don't be cowards and FIGHT the REAL enemy.

They have fucked your mother, fucked your brothers, fucked your sisters, your fathers and they will fuck you. Take vengeance and defend yourselves!

Fight for your country and make sure the enemy drown in their own blood.

You are not simply playing a game! You are fighting your worst enemy in the world! You are defending your country, your freedom, your family! Kill the enemy!

2 May 2014, 05:19 AM

They are not retards you idiot, they are just cowards. They are too afraid to fight and die for their country so they just play pretend battles with the AI.

The front lacks officers and needs more men to fight.

To you comp stompers, don't be cowards and FIGHT the REAL enemy.

They have fucked your mother, fucked your brothers, fucked your sisters, your fathers and they will fuck you. Take vengeance and defend yourselves!

Fight for your country and make sure the enemy drown in their own blood.

You are not simply playing a game! You are fighting your worst enemy in the world! You are defending your country, your freedom, your family! Kill the enemy!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★