Login

russian armor

Panther is under-performing for its cost

29 Apr 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 18:05 PMKatitof

Ohh thats quite easy to answer:

Because germans are not supposed to have any advantage over soviets late game and panther had ALL the advantages, speed, cost, AT, armor, health of heavy tank for only slightly more then KV-1 price.

The thing about the kv1 is that its very good against infantry while the panther is only useful against tanks. dedicated unit must always be more efficient then the generalist ones otherwise their is simply no reason to buy one.
29 Apr 2014, 19:43 PM

all these changes combined make the Panther useless

You say useless, i say more equal to the soviet medium Tanks, and still it is slightly better(speed,penetration,armor). So the price is okish!
29 Apr 2014, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 19:42 PMJaigen

The thing about the kv1 is that its very good against infantry while the panther is only useful against tanks. dedicated unit must always be more efficient then the generalist ones otherwise their is simply no reason to buy one.

Panther is still more useful against infantry then KV-1 against tanks.
29 Apr 2014, 20:36 PM

So when is the fix coming for the panthers pen and assgren reinforce cost?
29 Apr 2014, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 19:40 PMJaigen

A hit and run unit needs speed , frailty and high damage to qualify as a hit and run unit. The Puma for example is a hit and run unit. suffice to say it's still is a good tank . its simply not cost effective compared to other german tanks. combine this with the greater cost to tech and unnecessary nerf to brumbar you have no reason to tech to it and just wait until the tigers arrive.

I get that you are in pain because Panther can't take on 3 T-34/76 while blitzkreiging across the map any more. It's still very fast and lethal. When they fix its penetration I don't think there will be no Soviet tank it would not be able to penetrate at front. Range on that tank is good as well.
To quote favourite German players saying last month: "L2P and adapt".
29 Apr 2014, 23:19 PM

Panther is Dirt Cheap now learn to play German players... The Insane ridiculous Op is now out the window and your true skill is showing
29 Apr 2014, 23:21 PM

The Panzerwerfer cooldown mega-increase was needed? I always encounter soviet spamming maxim + mortars + zis with an M5 Behind to reinforce and I cant kill them even with artillery
29 Apr 2014, 23:27 PM

The Panzerwerfer cooldown mega-increase was needed? I always encounter soviet spamming maxim + mortars + zis with an M5 Behind to reinforce and I cant kill them even with artillery

Well, it is very accurate with its salvo. Katyusha is doing big bang but rarely hitting anything with Panzerwarfer you can snipe units so I am kind of with Relic on that one.
29 Apr 2014, 23:27 PM

Yes, because it was incomparably more efficient then katiusha and cost the same duuh.
You have explanation for the change in the patch notes and you still ask that silly question.
29 Apr 2014, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 23:27 PMKatitof

Yes, because it was incomparably more efficient then katiusha and cost the same duuh.
You have explanation for the change in the patch notes and you still ask that silly question.

Typical kat answer..didnt expect much to be honest.
29 Apr 2014, 23:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Did they change the scatter of the panzerwerfer inthe last patch? It is extremely wide compared to before it seems
29 Apr 2014, 23:42 PM

Typical kat answer..didnt expect much to be honest.

Then what would you say about this:

The increased recharge timer offsets higher than desired artillery saturation.

Because its exactly the same what I have told, just with different words.

But sure, keep making a clown out of yourself.
29 Apr 2014, 23:56 PM

Dude your the clown down here, half the community knows that and IS a fact. Never kind, never laughing, never good answers... its sad but its true, some people will agree with me (but wont post it) and some wont (minority, trust me).

Stop answering my questions, let the other users do that, I dont want to always fight you for god's sake, just ignore me, and go bitch someone else.

(Sorry for the offtopic)
30 Apr 2014, 00:03 AM

No Kronosauros. Katitof may be rude at times, but at least understands the game mechanics better than most people, and seems to have actually read the extremely detailed patch notes that would answer your whining.

Saturation. Cooldown. What else do you need? Either argue against the saturation (which only a fool would do) or sit down and shush.
30 Apr 2014, 00:38 AM

I think alot of people would stop complaining if the penetration was fixed to what it is supposed to be. With that t4 would be worth getting again.
30 Apr 2014, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 19:42 PMJaigen

Panthers with MG upgrade do rather well as AI. Shreds them apart. Also doubles as AA.
30 Apr 2014, 01:29 AM

Mg upgrade shreds.. oh thats a new one

i m just waiting to see how much punch it has when it gets it penetration upgrade. Seems way too expensive right now to not build a Heavy call in. I guess if you have no heavy call in, you need the panther, but it's kinda early to tell how the panther fits in now.
30 Apr 2014, 03:00 AM

Mg upgrade shreds.. oh thats a new one

It is a new one, the patch just came out last week ^_^.
30 Apr 2014, 05:16 AM

Panther is Dirt Cheap now learn to play German players... The Insane ridiculous Op is now out the window and your true skill is showing

Please tell me which weed you are smoking, I want to be that HIGH saying panther is Dirt Cheap.
30 Apr 2014, 05:26 AM

What kind of efficiency % are you guys typically getting with Panther?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★