Login

russian armor

not having a lot of sucess in new patch soviet

28 Apr 2014, 07:58 AM

heya guys
i'm dropping hard in rank, for 1v1 soviet's and i'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong

can i have some soviet build orders and general tactics for this new patch
28 Apr 2014, 08:04 AM

This is my go to strat these days:

3 cons
molotovs
extra con

Medics whenever.

Choose Lend Lease

Get 1-2 Dshk

Build T2 for Zis/Mortar (if needed, but T2 is necessary for t3/t4 anyways)

Get AT Nades sometime

Built T4 (or 3)

Call in guards HT, get quad mount

Wait for Shermans

Works quite well, 4 molotov equipped cons harass nicely and if played well should net you at leat 60-70% map control. Dushkas help against gren blobs and early 222s. Quad HT holds the field till shermans. If enemy rushes tanks, AT nades and Zis will hold till Shermans.
28 Apr 2014, 08:45 AM

other things you can try this patch.

"M3's are amazing"
build t1 close to edge of base sector for reinforce stuff, etc etc.
1 con
1 m3
2-3 more cons
flamethrower on combat engineers asap

the key to this strategy is mostly to get early game pressure done with the m3, note that some maps have terrible unit pathing and you should avoid building an m3 on those maps/are too close quarters/too much green cover (EG. minsk, stalingrad) This build has some huge weaknesses to gren spam/fast AC spam if you don't know timings, also if you build an m3 and get no damage in your opponent is ahead. Remember to not be afraid to be aggressive right at the start of the game with the m3, go find his pioneers and shoot at them from medium/far range. Once you have flamethrower engineers, it becomes a game of finding either mgs, units in buildings, or single gren squads, make sure to charge them and toast them, also be sure to chase retreating units as much as possible in the early game with the m3/flamer. basically if you do well enough on most maps you should feel ahead enough to go for whatever tier you want, though i prefer to skip t3/t4 and save for t3485s, you do have to get at least t2 to support yourself with maxims/zis in the mid-late game when they can have stugs out while you just have guards and not enough cps to get tanks.

Basically with the m3 strategy I would 100% go guards because if you get enough damage in, you will have 2 cps before/just as they get to t2 and thus have guards ready to deal with the ac attempt to counter your m3, which guards commander you like is up to you.

"sniper's op"
build t1
4 cons
sniper

This is a build pretty common to see from what I can tell, it does well vs heavy gren spam and not so good vs mg spam into area denial tactics (smines etc) basically the job is to fight with sniper support at all times and constantly manpower drain your opponent, you want to get t2 with this build pretty quickly, or tech to t3/t4 depending on your preferences. The most important thing is to not lose your sniper vs the first ac.

Doctrine/commander choices, again this build is pretty heavily supported by guards, but if you tech to t2/t3 you can get either a zis with at nades or a quad (auto counters ac if you don't run into a pak) lend lease can also work but that requires good dshk positioning.

good/strong commander/doctrine choices if you can get to the callin spot.
Advanced warfare
Guard Motor Coordination
Mechanized support
Lend Lease
Armoured assaualt (only if you actually plan to try to get an is2 as well as 2 t3485s, otherwise get something with guards or shocks)

Tank distinctions:

Shermans are slightly worse then the t34-85 in several ways, lower pen, slightly lower hp and slightly higher scatter(makes them worse vs inf), however they have a faster top speed, faster acceleration, faster turret rotation, and faster rate of fire. They will pretty reliably beat a p4 1v1 and can actually circle a p4/panther/tiger faster then their turret can rotate to hit you.

t3485's are still very good tanks, being the best "medium tank" soviets can field this patch still, with high penetration compared to other non assault guns, also their anti infantry is considerably better due to a relatively low scatter.

t3476's despite the ram nerf, are useable, however, always support them with a zis in the late game, and never get more then 1-2

IS-2 I feel this tank has been buffed pretty heavily with a 3 second reload time reduction, making it more amazing at murder infantry, it still remains extremely tanky to almost all enemy tanks/at weapons, with the only weapon reliably penetrating the front armour being the elefant/pak43. It still is fairly mediocre, and should lose to a tiger on an rng basis.

ISU-52 the "beast killer" saw big changes this patch with pen increase, armour increase, hp increase, reload decrease (although on average the reload should stay the same since they are randomized) scatter decrease. This makes it even more dangerous at one shotting enemy squads and better vs tanks.

no comment on kv1 kv2 and kv8, since i have not used the first 2, and the kv8 is the same minus a little less hp
28 Apr 2014, 08:58 AM

thanks fellas!

remember when Hit the dirt! was OP as fuck?

god the game has come a long way...
28 Apr 2014, 09:23 AM

Nothing's working, i'm on like a -6 streak now

anything OP i can abuse?
28 Apr 2014, 16:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Everyone seems to complaining about the ISU 152...
28 Apr 2014, 18:53 PM

You know cover is more important than ever now right?

If your struggling with fast paced flanking, slow the game down with support weapons and call a well protected ISU.
28 Apr 2014, 21:41 PM

Post some Reps Buckers.
28 Apr 2014, 23:04 PM

It looks like isu152 plus a shit load of mines. Apparently, they squad wipe atm.
29 Apr 2014, 03:46 AM

My build is :
cons
cons
fuel point
rifle command
penals
M3
Guards
either more penals or T2 at this point

This build is extremely flexible. saving resources on not getting AT nades right off the bat or Molotovs allows me to stay on par with my opponent. The M3 is great because it can either support your conscripts or drive the penals around weapons teams. the guards come out just in time to stop a scout car if they get one, and because you are not chucking around at nades and unreliable molotovs you have the munitions to get DP's right off the bat, and they are power houses.

The fallow up tech is up to you, I prefer T4, but with the T34s buffed they would work well
29 Apr 2014, 04:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

My go-to is:

Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Molotov
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
double T-3485
double T-3485
double T-3485

Throw in healing and AT nades whenever you need them.

It's working out pretty well for me so far, especially since I don't have the skill or finesse necessary to use snipers.
29 Apr 2014, 04:39 AM

My go-to is:

Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Molotov
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
double T-3485
double T-3485
double T-3485

It's working out pretty well for me so far, especially since I don't have the skill or finesse necessary to use snipers.

Same here, this strat works wonder with Armored Assault Commander, Radio Intercept is really awesome, u may need to build T2 when u see 2+ MG42 or a fast FHT. At late game IL-2 just murders Ost inf.
29 Apr 2014, 11:49 AM

So double T3485 come in late game at 9cp meaning that you already will have to fight few PIV.
If your opponent is smart enough, he will notice cons ONLY on the battlefield, he will build several ostwinds and obliterate your cons to utter shit.
With such BO with zero AT capabilities, how do you survive till 9cp?
My BO:
tripple maxim
double ZiS
double cons with molotovs and at nades asap
muni cache only
double engies - mines everywhere and every time.

anything else depending on commander and gameplay I choose.
29 Apr 2014, 12:45 PM

My go-to is:

Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Molotov
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
Conscript
double T-3485
double T-3485
double T-3485

For a "detailed" guide look here
29 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM

I usually go 4x Cons 1x Maxim 2x Guards with DP LMG then 1x Zis alternativley 120MM to taste. Stir and serve at room temperature.

If I see blobing I go T4 and build a Kat. Explosive profiles this patch o.O get squad whipes on blind fire now....

Typically I like to have an SU85 this will negate all of German T3 then save for T34/85 call ins. Just keep an AT nader near the SU85 and the Zis.

The German player once he gets kicked in the nutz by the Su85 usually will be scured. And wont use tank heavy tactics and may do something really stupid like try to use an Ele in 1v1 (ROFL)

Dont forget SU85 is a big kick me in the face sign so make sure to plant some mines to run over if getting chased (baiting onto mines FTW)

29 Apr 2014, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 11:49 AMtokarev
So double T3485 come in late game at 9cp meaning that you already will have to fight few PIV.
If your opponent is smart enough, he will notice cons ONLY on the battlefield, he will build several ostwinds and obliterate your cons to utter shit.
With such BO with zero AT capabilities, how do you survive till 9cp?
My BO:
tripple maxim
double ZiS
double cons with molotovs and at nades asap
muni cache only
double engies - mines everywhere and every time.

anything else depending on commander and gameplay I choose.

That's why Radio intercept come into play, when u see Ost tech to T3, u need to build AT gun at once. 9 cons means map control, so spam mines. Mines + AT gun means Ostwind can't yolo everywhere.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★