russian armor

My US micro at its best - any tips?

A_E
3 Feb 2013, 19:41 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

[deleted]
3 Feb 2013, 20:00 PM

I'm not really sure what you want feedback on here. Do you simply want feedback on how to execute those all-in 3rifle nade-attacks, or do you want hints on how to play better overall?

Gonna watch the replay regardless, but I'd ask you to consider that before I reply, because a strategy like that is something you should go for if you see an opening for it, otherwise you're taking quite an unnecessary gamble.
3 Feb 2013, 20:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This could have been posted in the other topic http://www.coh2.org/topic/1652/coh-ask-the-strategists.

Anyways can you be more specific?
A_E
3 Feb 2013, 20:07 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

[deleted]
3 Feb 2013, 20:23 PM

Ah crap, can't get CoH to work on this computer so I can't watch the replay.

Anyways. The point we were trying to make was that giving feedback based on what's essentially an all-in, especially all-ins that went well, isn't something you're going to get much out of. There's not necessarily much you could have done better in the scenario that was provided, but there are probably several mistakes your opponents made that could have been pointed out. If there were any mistakes worth mentioning from your side, they probably weren't during your successful flank.

And, honestly, micro isn't what separates the good from the great in CoH. Making smart decisions with your teching and your units is what separates the good from the great. If you have the basics of the game down and want to improve, your first priority should be understanding that process of decisionmaking, and most importantly why a given choice is good or bad in a given situation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS