Login

russian armor

CoH2 Beta

PAGES (16)down
18 Mar 2013, 13:16 PM

Yeah no, I dont think so. We keep saying very soon for a long while now.
18 Mar 2013, 13:17 PM

or any week now or any month now.... its just my point
We have no update of a date all we are told relic is ready but its sega's fault but it doesnt chage the fact we dont know squat
18 Mar 2013, 13:36 PM

We know the release date, and we know that Relic might release info this week.

Everything else being tossed around here is just rumours and make believe.
18 Mar 2013, 13:44 PM

Problem is Relic was supposed to 'possibly release' the date last week. So this week is is 'might'
Cool
So what haoppenes the following week? Kind of runnig short of mabes?
18 Mar 2013, 13:58 PM

So the problem is that they said something would possibly be released within a time frame that haven't run out yet?

I just don't get this. We finally got a release date, they will be able to polish their game a bit more before release (which will probably be beneficial for us who expect to play the game online for a long while) and they are actively working on the game. If you get the beta 1 week later you'll get a 1 week more polished game.

This obsession with knowing stuff like this and getting it as soon as possible makes me feel old.
18 Mar 2013, 14:32 PM

how about instead of complaining that beta release date has not been released yet (annoying, i know, but nothing you/we can do about it), we make bets as of when beta will hit? my tip: april fools, just so they have an excuse if they don't release beta after all, or if they release it and it sucks MVGame
18 Mar 2013, 14:46 PM

18 Mar 2013, 14:53 PM

June 24th.

HAha I hope not
18 Mar 2013, 14:59 PM

saying june 25th would have been funnier :-/
18 Mar 2013, 17:50 PM

if relic looking for testers in vancuver for 25-29th of this month i doubt well have beta untill mid/late of april at earliest :/
18 Mar 2013, 18:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2013, 17:50 PMmariens
if relic looking for testers in vancuver for 25-29th of this month i doubt well have beta untill mid/late of april at earliest :/

They mostly test the Single Player on those things. I doubt it will affect beta release date.
19 Mar 2013, 05:04 AM

The beta will be released next week so I have the 4 day Easter weekend to smash it out! ;-)
19 Mar 2013, 08:32 AM

Who says it will be released next week? It would be nice to know the source, although I wish it was true. All 4 days sitting in PJs and gaming :)
19 Mar 2013, 09:29 AM

the beta will be released yesterday
19 Mar 2013, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2013, 09:29 AMcr4wler
the beta will be released yesterday

time space continuum conundrum? Would you mind to elaborate?
19 Mar 2013, 12:09 PM

So the problem is that they said something would possibly be released within a time frame that haven't run out yet?

I just don't get this. We finally got a release date, they will be able to polish their game a bit more before release (which will probably be beneficial for us who expect to play the game online for a long while) and they are actively working on the game. If you get the beta 1 week later you'll get a 1 week more polished game.

This obsession with knowing stuff like this and getting it as soon as possible makes me feel old.

Now try to strain your thinking proccess and think like this.
Inital release date was in January. That was later put back to March. So even if Relic waas pushed to release COH2 not fully finished they had 3 extra months to polish it, get feedback etc. Dont blame moving over to Sega Relic for all this time claimed it was ready to go. A few week back release date was again announced (for the third time) for the 25th of June. In the meantime you have Lynx tweeting how sweet campaign is and that Beta release date will be announced in all different types of 'soons','shortlys'etc
Dont you find it at least a bit annoying? I paid for a game more than 4 months ago and Ithink I have a right to know when at least beta will be around so I could at least get a sniff of what i bought. If it makes you feel old than feel old as much as you like it
19 Mar 2013, 12:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You have no right whatsoever. If you're so annoyed, cancle your contract and buy the game when its released.
You act like a baby that wants the titties of his mother...
19 Mar 2013, 12:39 PM

Now try to strain your thinking proccess and think like this.

I get it, I'm stupid. n1 man, rly got me ouch

Inital release date was in January. That was later put back to March. So even if Relic waas pushed to release COH2 not fully finished they had 3 extra months to polish it, get feedback etc. Dont blame moving over to Sega Relic for all this time claimed it was ready to go. A few week back release date was again announced (for the third time) for the 25th of June.

Initial release date was q1 2013 afaik, all that followed it was speculation, guesses and hints. We never got a established/announced release date. Also "January" isn't a release date. Let's make a guess here (since that seems to be what this thread is dedicated to); THQ was in dire straits and ignored the quality of the game to push it out early, say January. When then control switched over to SEGA, they met with RELIC, they got the situation handed to them, and they gave them that many months more to develop the game. It doesn't have to be because they got a new publisher and had to write some new contracts, but it could have been that that new publisher had a different idea for the game.

In the meantime you have Lynx tweeting how sweet campaign is and that Beta release date will be announced in all different types of 'soons','shortlys'etc
Dont you find it at least a bit annoying?

A bit annoying? Perhaps if I listened to everything marketing said. I like Lynx and I'm very happy that he's back as CM, but he's in the end to some extent a marketer for the game. Instead of being angry, I'll just take it easy and wait for the beta to be announced.

I paid for a game more than 4 months ago and Ithink I have a right to know when at least beta will be around so I could at least get a sniff of what i bought. If it makes you feel old than feel old as much as you like it

Then you're thinking completely wrong. I preordered as soon as it was available for preorder and I disagree heavily. Just because you prebuy the product doesn't give you any rights to demand anything. It isn't like you bought stock in a company or something; you just bought their product. You're entitled to getting your money back if you never get the product, and to get it fixed if it is broken, but it doesn't go farther than that. Don't like that? Well then stop fucking preordering.

In the end there are a bunch of things I'd like to have; earlier beta, more trailers, a beautiful wife, and a beautiful home, but then again some things are in my control, and some aren't. Preordering doesn't give you any control over that. But feel free to continue whining. I'll just go over with the sensible people and find something else to do while waiting.
19 Mar 2013, 12:43 PM

I couldn't care less at this point. This game will hit when it's hopefully polished enough and simply a good, tight game. If it's summer or christmas. I don't care. I bought it the second it hit the steam-store.
And thinking about it, the earlier you bought the game, the cheaper it is for you in the long run. Inflation and all. :)

Greets
Schepp himself
19 Mar 2013, 12:48 PM

And thinking about it, the earlier you bought the game, the cheaper it is for you in the long run. Inflation and all. :)

assuming (ass, hehe) the price stays the same, then you are actually paying more, since the same amount of money is now worth less (not worthless).

also, the opportunity cost is a lot higher (you could have put that money in a bank account that generated interested over that period).

i also pre-order right when it was available on steam and i also don't really care... although it would be nice to have a date or at least a rough estimate.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS