Login

russian armor

The new Stug IIIG

30 Apr 2014, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 11:03 AMKatitof

Survivability against AT guns of stug and SU-85 is pretty much the same.
Less health is "compensated" by ZiS firing much slower, giving you pretty much the same time to react and retreat.

And there is still 40fu difference in advantage of StuG.

There is absoolutely nothing wrong with StuG, if anything, its probably too strong for the price, but thats not my own opinion, its top german players opinion.

oh i understood that perfectly and explained why that doesn't matter. most of the time an at gun will get one shot off before either unit moves out of range. that's just my experience though. what point did i miss now?

that 40fu difference comes at the cost of better survivability and better AT capabilities. it's what i prefer. i'd rather have other units dealing with infantry.

other than my first post i never said there was anything wrong with it, i said i don't like its new role and i prefer the previous TD version. i've said it many times throughout the thread.
30 Apr 2014, 11:39 AM

Don't forget StuG's Vet1 ability which is atm the best vet ability you can get on tank or AT gun. I mean for this ability alone StuG is worth getting as a support for your heavy hitters.
30 Apr 2014, 11:58 AM

I really thought it was stuGG, sorry omg.
Sorry I said ̈owesome instead of awesome.

Please forgive me.

E: Grammar Nazi, please look into your own posts first, they are from a pretty low level.
If you come up with something constructive, you can always correct and pick on me.

Thanks

oh you mean like those troll posts you love making? that's very high quality stuff. right outta 4chan. and you're staff too? this place has top of the line standards. such cool hip internet boys runnin thangs.

yo i think you forgot the obligatory wacky animated gif better go edit that in.

You're Welcome

E: still never got back to me on that anime thing.
30 Apr 2014, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 10:29 AMBurts

Also, SSHeini, german armour was also buffed. PIV armor got increased,tigers AI got increased, elephants pen got increased, stug was buffed , ostwind was made cheaper.

Guess somepeople just can't handle having equal armor for both factions.

I'm aware of that. In figures it looks all verry nice but the feeling in battle is like nerfing. Dunno, maybe this is due also to penetration values that are different related to distance from target or because of t34 buff.... T34 and P4 are quite equal right now and thinking at production costs, I don't think P4 is as cost effective as T34 (phases, buildings and all). Panthers it's another thing, there are more opinions here they were overnerfed while quite expensive.
30 Apr 2014, 12:05 PM

I'm aware of that. In figures it looks all verry nice but the feeling in battle is like nerfing. Dunno, maybe this is due also to penetration values that are different related to distance from target or because of t34 buff.... T34 and P4 are quite equal right now and thinking at production costs, I don't think P4 is as cost effective as T34 (phases, buildings and all). Panthers it's another thing, there are more opinions here they were overnerfed while quite expensive.

Umm, no, P4 and T34 are not even close to "quite equal".

T34 have less armor, longer reload and less penetration.
Its a 100% loss for it against P4, however it can win when it uses its speed to get behind P4.

Both are fine at the end, but they are definitely not equal.

You basically need to use the same amount of fuel as soviet did to counter soviet armor.
30 Apr 2014, 12:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I like it, it's very good if opponents go for shermans and t34s. nice reload, decent penetration and stun ability is great now. Biggest threats imo to stugs were is2 but is2 deals less damage now so no big change imo.
You still should never build them when they go t4
30 Apr 2014, 15:36 PM

Tiger is fine, trust me, good wipe potential and good AT.
30 Apr 2014, 17:34 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 11:31 AMTri86

oh i understood that perfectly and explained why that doesn't matter. most of the time an at gun will get one shot off before either unit moves out of range. that's just my experience though. what point did i miss now?

that 40fu difference comes at the cost of better survivability and better AT capabilities. it's what i prefer. i'd rather have other units dealing with infantry.

other than my first post i never said there was anything wrong with it, i said i don't like its new role and i prefer the previous TD version. i've said it many times throughout the thread.

i always liked stug more than su85. i guess we can trade? oh wait, preferences don't really matter when it comes to balance.

im sure soviet players always wanted an at tank with turret and german players wanted cheap soviet mines but oh well i guess balance comes first.
30 Apr 2014, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 17:34 PMpigsoup

i always liked stug more than su85. i guess we can trade? oh wait, preferences don't really matter when it comes to balance.

im sure soviet players always wanted an at tank with turret and german players wanted cheap soviet mines but oh well i guess balance comes first.

no shit. is english not your first language? or did you not read any of my other posts from the last 3 pages. i think that would be a good idea being on a forum and all.
30 Apr 2014, 20:22 PM

Tiger is fine, trust me, good wipe potential and good AT.

There's a lot of complaints about the ISU but the Tiger is pretty damn strong if not as op as well. It has the highest health (1280), great armor, great penetration, great rate of fire, great AI,...all for 230 fuel.
30 Apr 2014, 20:45 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 20:10 PMTri86

no shit. is english not your first language?

it's not actually. i dont know where you are from but there is a such thing called 'multiculturalism' in modern age.

anyway, if you agree with what i said, what is the point of this topic? i forgot how it all started out but after the first few posts this thread became ppl saying they miss how the old stugs were, which corresponded with the stugs in their wet dreams, and the other ppl saying what they really are and do, whilst most from both group of ppl agreeing that stugs are good.

30 Apr 2014, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 20:45 PMpigsoup

it's not actually. i dont know where you are from but there is a such thing called 'multiculturalism' in modern age.

anyway, if you agree with what i said, what is the point of this topic? i forgot how it all started out but after the first few posts this thread became ppl saying they miss how the old stugs were, which corresponded with the stugs in their wet dreams, and the other ppl saying what they really are and do, whilst most from both group of ppl agreeing that stugs are good.

in that case you need to work on your reading comprehension. it's hard at first but keep at it you'll get there. trust me it'll pay off when you can actually understand what people are posting.

i guess you're having a hard time understanding that mostly everything's been resolved. i think it's people like you who don't get it that continue to post. all i do is respond or disagree.

30 Apr 2014, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 21:00 PMTri86

in that case you need to work on your reading comprehension. it's hard at first but keep at it you'll get there. trust me it'll pay off when you can actually understand what people are posting.

i guess you're having a hard time understanding that mostly everything's been resolved. i think it's people like you who don't get it that continue to post. all i do is respond or disagree.

your social skills mate... shit..
30 Apr 2014, 21:17 PM

youre social skills mate... shit..

i'm as nice as how you treat me. same as everyone else.
30 Apr 2014, 21:20 PM
Patrion 14

Calm your tits here gents.Tri86, at least try not to look like a complete asshole. If you think everybody else doesn't understand you, fair enough, don't (re)act like them because that makes you no better.
30 Apr 2014, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 21:17 PMTri86

i'm as nice as how other people treat me. same as everyone else.

That you, Nullist?
30 Apr 2014, 21:24 PM

Calm your tits here gents.Tri86, at least try not to look like a complete asshole. If you think everybody else doesn't understand you, fair enough, don't (re)act like them because that makes you no better.

wait so they get to and i don't? so if i act like an asshole i get reprimanded yet if someone else acts like one they get off free? did a friend of yours get their feelings hurt? sorry man but that's not gonna happen. then again this isn't surprising from a video game forum that has troll staff members.

oh by the way nice lolcat pic where'd you find that?
30 Apr 2014, 21:34 PM

There's a lot of complaints about the ISU but the Tiger is pretty damn strong if not as op as well. It has the highest health (1280), great armor, great penetration, great rate of fire, great AI,...all for 230 fuel.

But ISU has 100 range and can deny an enormous zone.
30 Apr 2014, 22:20 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 21:00 PMTri86

my bad then. i thought many posts in page 3 had whine-like feels. but what do i know? i can't even read.
30 Apr 2014, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 22:20 PMpigsoup

my bad then. i thought many posts in page 3 had whine-like feels. but what do i know? i can't even read.

don't feel it out! actually read them! only way you'll get better at this. it gets easier man.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
United States 20
unknown 10
Australia 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %