Login

russian armor

Two new free Commanders today!

PAGES (8)down
26 Apr 2014, 01:31 AM

'Grenadier' is a honorific starting from (sometime in 1942) I believe.
German motorized infantry troops were renamed 'Panzergrenadiers'. Mot. Infantry divisions were also renamed: "Panzergrenadier divisions"

Yes, thanks. And the term Volksgrenadier was coined later to inspire the soldiers even more (Volk = people).

edit: Not to be confused with Volkssturm, that is sth. completely different and atrocious.
27 Apr 2014, 10:56 AM

I guess the new German commander is a joke by Relic. Pumas are useless by the time you can get them and the rest of abilities are just awful.
28 Apr 2014, 22:43 PM

I wish the M5 halftrack assault group contained guards with ppsh and bazookas instead of ptrs
30 Apr 2014, 06:42 AM

Common people. Regarding the lend lease Guards, do you really expect PTRS ontop of all those call in units. It would be OP.

30 Apr 2014, 07:01 AM

They are amazing as they are. They have 3 ppsh's, so they are really powerful AI guards. They have no ptrs, btw, misleading description. Besides, T4 is a good tier to combine with this commander, so you can get by with the AT (as well as the shermans effective tank fighting capabilities) and su-76 is rather viable now. I call it the su-85 junior which can also demolish infantry. Lend lease as it is is a beautiful commander.
30 Apr 2014, 16:12 PM

They are amazing as they are. They have 3 ppsh's, so they are really powerful AI guards. They have no ptrs, btw, misleading description. Besides, T4 is a good tier to combine with this commander, so you can get by with the AT (as well as the shermans effective tank fighting capabilities) and su-76 is rather viable now. I call it the su-85 junior which can also demolish infantry. Lend lease as it is is a beautiful commander.

Leave it to the Americans to save Russia's ass yet again.
30 Apr 2014, 16:24 PM

'Grenadier' is a honorific starting from (sometime in 1942) I believe.

It was purely applied by the Germans for morale reasons rather than anything to do with substance.

German motorized infantry troops were renamed 'Panzergrenadiers'. Mot. Infantry divisions were also renamed: "Panzergrenadier divisions"

The difference between grenadier and panzergrenadier was this: One was a fighting man from a horse drawn infantry division (he marched on foot once he got off his train). The other rode in trucks to battle.

Been used since they were a real unit. Still used today in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenadier_Guards
2 May 2014, 10:30 AM

I wont complain about free DLC commanders.

Edit; Though I must say the Puma does need to be scaled back just a little in CP cost.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
South Africa 2
Germany 737
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L