Login

russian armor

I understand why CIS countrys hate single player campaign

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
20 Apr 2014, 22:03 PM

Because its tryin to act cool and say "hey! we are independent ! we can say true about evil soviet dictatorshit"
well I played campaign and its not even close to independent research of history
its just some type of cold war trolling based on enemyatthe gates movies
relic suck
20 Apr 2014, 22:09 PM

20 Apr 2014, 22:09 PM

HappyCustomer for once pls (XD)
20 Apr 2014, 22:11 PM

Im from CIS and i think campaign is fine
20 Apr 2014, 22:14 PM

Because its tryin to act cool and say "hey! we are independent ! we can say true about evil soviet dictatorshit"
well I played campaign and its not even close to independent research of history
its just some type of cold war trolling based on enemyatthe gates movies
relic suck
Oh, i see you are from CIS and im pretty sure from Russia - pure brain-washed boy who think soviets were like greater good
20 Apr 2014, 22:30 PM

Permanently Banned
the truth is the soviets werenot better than the nazis.
20 Apr 2014, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 22:30 PMakosi

The truth is, Hitlers and Stalins balance devs were horribly bad. <444>_<444>
20 Apr 2014, 23:11 PM

It was a mediocre campaign, politics and bullshit aside. Stopped at the 7th mission lol. That being said, RTS campaigns rub me the wrong way, it sends my OCD into overdrive for some reason. I think its just how the AI somehow just manages to wittle down all of your units all the time, very different to versing actual players .
20 Apr 2014, 23:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

my problem wasn't so much the story though it might have been better to stay away from politics from a marketibility standpoint. i like the concept of the story but i feel it was also very poorly executed. :( the biggest problem was that the game play didn't hold me i played 2 or 3 missions the gameplay/misson design was not good to awful imo.
21 Apr 2014, 00:22 AM

I actually liked the campaign, im a freak of cutscenes/cinematic battles/graphics and the most of all, voiceactors and sound/soundtracks. The voiceacting in the spanish version is just awesome, I think thats the main reason I liked it even if I had to play Soviets (im 100% German player)
21 Apr 2014, 01:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 23:21 PMWiFiDi
my problem wasn't so much the story though it might have been better to stay away from politics from a marketibility standpoint. i like the concept of the story but i feel it was also very poorly executed. :( the biggest problem was that the game play didn't hold me i played 2 or 3 missions the gameplay/misson design was not good to awful imo.

This
21 Apr 2014, 01:05 AM

what's CIS Kappa
21 Apr 2014, 01:21 AM

Permanently Banned
what's CIS Kappa

Confederacy of Independent Systems, you know... Star Wars.
21 Apr 2014, 02:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

nope it has nothing to do with starwars.

Commonwealth of independent states (CIS aka Soviet Uinion)
21 Apr 2014, 03:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 22:30 PMakosi

The truth is that 'truth' is always lost through pink perspective glasses over the eyes of the beholder.

'Allies at the Nuremberg and Tokyo Trials never criminalised aerial bombardment of non-military targets and Axis leaders who ordered a similar type of practice were not prosecuted'

As many historians will tell you, the only reason is: because Roosevelt, Truman, Churchill, Eisenhower, and entire Allies high command would have to hang themselves together with Nazis, for deliberately ordering close to a million civilians to be deliberately killed/burned alive and countless more homeless and injured.

As you said, the truth is Soviets were not better than the Nazis. It only means you have to look from slightly different perspective.

That being said, Relic chose to focus on Cold war propaganda-ish story line, instead of plenty of heroic stories they could have.

Like in VCOH, they could have easily focused the story on order to burn alive 100,000 people in Dressden and Hamburg and allies numerous desertions trials and sentences, killing close to 100,000 French civilians in air raids, etc.
Evil face of Churchill and order to target civilians, and there you go. You have yourself British Stalin and not so noble and heroic Allied WW2 campaign

21 Apr 2014, 04:05 AM

War isn't pretty. Dictatorships aren't pretty. Could they have focused on the individual heroism of the soldiers in the war? Sure. But then they would have been accused of being Soviet fanboys instead of Nazi sympathizers.

The reality is that Stalin, Hitler, FDR, and Churchill were all murdering fuckheads who ordered the deaths of millions in a giant fucked ego-fest that raped a generation, all to satisfy their own sense of entitlement and ambition.
21 Apr 2014, 04:09 AM

Oh, i see you are from CIS and im pretty sure from Russia - pure brain-washed boy who think soviets were like greater good

No one thinks soviets were like greater good (it's not an American movie if you know what I mean). Everyone likes to demonise Soviets now but no one wants to see any positive facts about them because of Cold War.
21 Apr 2014, 04:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 04:09 AMrejfor

No one thinks soviets were like greater good (it's not an American movie if you know what I mean). Everyone likes to demonise Soviets now but no one wants to see any positive facts about them because of Cold War.

"Estimates of total deaths of German civilians have ranged from 500,000 to a maximum of 3.0 million persons. The death toll also includes the forced labor of Germans in the Soviet Union."

The Soviets were horrific in their treatment of Germans after the war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_Germans_after_World_War_II#Casualties This includes the complete genocide of all Germans who lived in East Prussia, now called Kaliningrad...

Hitler and the Nazis had some "positive facts" as well, but they pale in comparison to the atrocities they committed. The Soviet Union and Stalin actually get it pretty easy compared to the Nazis, especially considering that Stalin worked with Hitler to divide up eastern Europe and waged war alongside Hitler until Operation Barbarossa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland
21 Apr 2014, 04:53 AM

"Estimates of total deaths of German civilians have ranged from 500,000 to a maximum of 3.0 million persons. The death toll also includes the forced labor of Germans in the Soviet Union."

The Soviets were horrific in their treatment of Germans after the war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_Germans_after_World_War_II#Casualties This includes the complete genocide of all Germans who lived in East Prussia, now called Kaliningrad...

Hitler and the Nazis had some "positive facts" as well, but they pale in comparison to the atrocities they committed. The Soviet Union and Stalin actually get it pretty easy compared to the Nazis, especially considering that Stalin worked with Hitler to divide up eastern Europe and waged war alongside Hitler until Operation Barbarossa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland

I judge them as two sides of the same evil. Hitler killed people who he thought were inferior, and Stalin killed people who were thought too smart and were a threat to the Soviet Union. (Katyń for example) Russians seemed to have done a better job in hiding the things that they have done.
21 Apr 2014, 05:35 AM

With all this is effect, were talking about the pink elephant here. Relic over did the campaign, they were literally beating the dead horse. They focused purely on bad things rather then the high amount of badasses in the war.

Yes it may or may not have existed but they really over did it to the point that it made the game just too cheesy and not enjoyable. Literally every mission was just soviets doing bad things and made the Germans like saints. Yes, not all troops were awful people but they shouldn't stereotyped all soviet or Germans soldiers that way.

By all means the game-play was great but the story was weak. If relic really wanted to make a great campaign and express the issues of the soviet union and show the heroism. They should've made the main character the commander and let Isakovich be a side character. In movies, books, or tv shows sometimes we root for people who do awful things such as Walter White, Artemis, Francis Underwood, Tony Soprano, and hell even the Nazis in the movie Downfall. If it was from his point of view, it would've gave a reason why the soviets did the things they did, how they honestly felt about, and see if it was worth it.

As for other nations being evil and the Soviets were just as bad as the Nazis. It's true to an extent. Hitler was the man who started the war. The nazis were the ones who marched east and went to the homes of Soviets and took a giant piss on them. Eventually murder races, not just jews. Of course the Soviet Soldiers did awful acts to Germans. They wanted revenge for the suffering they caused to their country. For the Russian members here, they did these things to Germans. There is no denying it. There is overwhelming evidence, but they had their reasons.

As for America and Churchill, name a single war where citizens weren't killed? Am I saying they were the white knights of the war. Hell no. They wanted to end the war just as fast as they can and limit the amount of civilian casualties. Were Americans and Brittish complete madmen who were known for going into cities, taking civilians and putting them to into death camps or killing people because of skin color. There may be a few but no where near as the Nazis and Soviets. Welcome to war, it's awful.

Also every country shot surrendering soldiers. The Soviets did it out of revenge and SS troops did it because they never understood the concept of surrendering or thought it was a pathetic thing to do.

In other words, war is awful, and brings the worst out of people. No matter what nation. People will sacrifice good things to end it as fast as possible.

PS: I'm not Russian

PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight