Login

russian armor

Occasional game freeze

20 Jul 2014, 23:58 PM

Well I just lost three game in a row because of this bullshit! I am so pissed right now! Why the hell has this all of a sudden become an issue when I have been playing this game for months with NO issues! I have not changed my setup or added any other software yet this is happening over 50 times in a 45 minute game. I am tearing my hair out over here! Someone please help with a solution
21 Jul 2014, 10:08 AM

Had freezes that lasted for 20 secs, that's called pain in the ass
21 Jul 2014, 11:49 AM

I just bought a brand new graphics card Nvidia GTX760 and NOW this just started to happen to me! Yesterday I got kicked from the game 5 times because of this. I ran Fraps to see my FPS and it was at 50-60FPS and I am using medium settings!

I have a very good PC, fully loaded and my Internet connection is 56mps! All this talk blaming the hardware is just BS, the game is crap. I'm trying so hard to like CoH2 despite its COHO look and feel, but when I get dropped all the time what's the point? Throwing more hardware is not the solution, they need to fix this game, its been over a year now.

Saw this post:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/558754259622551147/

"Other Issues:

Game works fine at the beginning of a match, but later on, there starts to be an ever increasing amount of command lag:

This is a framerate/performance issue on your PC. With the battle servers, we don’t need to slow the entire game down if one player has a low framerate, instead that player will end up simulating behind other players. The fix to this issue is to turn down your graphics settings, and be sure your PC meets the minimum requirements to run the game."

I'm still not buying it because it once again blames graphic settings and hardware. My hardware is at higher then recommended and graphic settings at medium.

Also saw this, but haven't tied it yet:
http://www.crashwiki.com/top-8-fixes-coh-2-western-front-armies-crash-desktop-dll-error-compatibility-crash-unable-connect-lag-poor-fps/
21 Jul 2014, 15:22 PM

I tried the 8 game fixes none of them worked for me.
22 Jul 2014, 13:53 PM

I lowered my settings and increased the fan speed on my GPU so that the card does not go above 58 degrees Celsius, this seemed to help reduce the freezes but they still happen here and there. What is going on? Why all of a sudden (last 10 online games) am I having this issue?
24 Jul 2014, 05:05 AM

Disabling Replays has stopped the freezing for me
26 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

I believe it's related to your internet connection. If there's any hiccups in your connection to the server it can cause you to freeze, and it behaves exactly as described in this thread.

Given that virtually everyone seems to be having this issue regardless of the software installed or hardware specs, I think it's the mostly likely cause. Though then again, it could be an entirely separate issue with similar symptoms.

Also @warhawks, this game is poorly optimized in general, so don't be surprised at frame rates that don't match the power of your hardware.
29 Jul 2014, 16:10 PM

Sigh. Same thing here.

Losing vet 3 gren because of a 1-2 sec lag? oh fuck me.
29 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

I had the same happening to me that happened to Barton, 15-20 sec freezes which means my whole army dies
10 Sep 2014, 17:10 PM

nothing changed to me after the patch.
I got still disconnects while matchmaking progress....
23 Sep 2014, 15:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Have the same thing ever since a patch in the summer. It is really annoying..
25 Sep 2014, 14:26 PM

I regularly get this on larger games also. As already suggested I presumed this was a connection issue that was magnified by a) the larger amount of players in the games I regularly play and b) the strain on my hardware resources caused by high end graphics at the time.

Incidentally, I have noticed that it's reduced since i have started manually increasing my cpu fan speed each time I play CoH2 ( i do this because of another hardware issue though).
23 Oct 2014, 10:56 AM

I noticed some improvement when using OBS in the beta. The tactical map didnt lagged anymore. I am curious, do you still have this freeze in beta?
25 Oct 2014, 18:52 PM

I noticed some improvement when using OBS in the beta. The tactical map didnt lagged anymore. I am curious, do you still have this freeze in beta?

Yeah I would be really interested in that too! I'm kinda desperate, I tried everything.

I downloaded the newest drivers, switched all my video- and sound settings to minimum, changed my internet connection from wireless to cable and disabled replays... but still the stupid freezes are going on.

Edit: I just downloaded the Beta and the game runs perfectly now, no freeze or lag whatsoever, even on higher settings. Everything runs very smooth. Thank you Relic!! Look forward to the patch guys. :)
30 Oct 2014, 10:58 AM

I have that problem too. But when the game freezeez, i recive a 1 second delay, and if that happens 3-4 times i have a delay of 5 seconds, and u simply cant play. I had no problems earlier, i was not playing the game for 3-4 months, and then when i started to play im having these problems.
8 Nov 2014, 16:04 PM

The freezes and speed-ups have returned for me too, no matter what I do to fix it, it's really frustrating. Makes the game unplayable.
My rig is far beyond the minimum requirements and my internet connection has no problem with other games. I'm done with CoH2 and will try again if I get some new hardware.
9 Nov 2014, 13:14 PM

Yep im having these freeze/lag issues too since last patch.
3 Dec 2014, 03:38 AM

I mean if you guys have high specs and you are having same problem as I do with these specs :
Intel Pentium E6500 2.93 GHz 4gb Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400 MHz 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS (Elitegroup)

and i thought my Graphic card was the problemm,disabling replays didnt work( Everything is on low btw), before the patches like everybody else I had 0 problem and I could actually stream and listen to music, now I actually only run coh2 with ts or mumble and on snow maps it barely runs, If its on snow maps and its starts freezing or going black screens i usually start to lag from black screens around 5 secs, and then when it freezes up to a min and then i just see ultra speed on map till it goes back to normal

p.s.for fun i went on game-debate.com with my settings and they pass minimum graphs and it says that my pc and gpu arent adequate x_X, which is Hilarius
12 Dec 2014, 04:23 AM

For me these 2-3 second lockups have been with me since the beginning. That was during beta before the launch of game. So it has nothing to do with updates, or what they did to battle servers etc. If you are playing online and it stops then goes into fast forward that is actually a feature not a bug. And while it may look like the same thing as the normal lockup the reasons behind why they happen are different. For the online lockup it's due to lag and that's the normal response. Offline playing the campaign or doing a comp stomp it happens and I guess the programers have not figured out why yet. I has nothing to do with PC power. You could build a $3000 PC and it would still do this. And it happens to both AMD and Intel users so its not a CPU related program bug. Hopefully some day we get a patch that makes it go away for good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS