Login

russian armor

Cheating in Company of Heroes 2 (news from Relic)

PAGES (10)down
18 May 2016, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 17:11 PMNapalm
I didn't think map hacking was possible but I was very very wrong.

I wonder what makes you think so. If a game has multiplayer, there are hacks. There was a video some time ago of someone showing a maphack.
18 May 2016, 17:34 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Seems like a good time for a bump. I'm not going to post up the list but the moderators on the official forums received notification of 85 members banned for map hacking. I didn't think map hacking was possible but I was very very wrong.

Also drophacking my friend^^

18 May 2016, 17:37 PM

I wonder what makes you think so. If a game has multiplayer, there are hacks. There was a video some time ago of someone showing a maphack.

There was a big debate back in the day about the legitimacy of that video. Just in shock I suppose. This community was just so pure when compared to Rainbow Six Siege or Battlefront.
18 May 2016, 19:12 PM

Seems like a good time for a bump. I'm not going to post up the list but the moderators on the official forums received notification of 85 members banned for map hacking. I didn't think map hacking was possible but I was very very wrong.

Seems a little naive to think/hope that map hacking is not possible in any RTS.

Until some one figures out a way to run an RTS simulation entirely server side and only hand each client the information that it needs to know (spoiler alert - this won't happen for many years to come without introducing an unacceptable amount of latency for each player) map hacking will be mostly trivial for those that are savvy enough.

Thankfully Relic is doing their best to weed out the cheaters for us :)
18 May 2016, 19:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wonder what makes you think so. If a game has multiplayer, there are hacks.

It's as simple as that.
That been said, you shouldn't get paranoic and think everyone cheats. You need to have plenty of knowledge regarding game mechanics before accusing/thinking that someone is cheating.

Let's take BF, an FPS as an example.

People tend to throw the word cheater/hacks way too easily, specially when they don't know what is possible/impossible to perform ingame.
A valid point of discussion would be: does it change something to you, if you face a real good player or a hacking player that emulates what a real player does? (This means the cheater is not making nothing out of the extraordinary)
Not so long ago, there was a huge case of botting on Hearthstone (trading card game by Blizzard). Does it change whether you face a human or an AI if both do the same actions and react on similar ways?

Note: cheating/hacking/botting should be severely punished, what i'm trying to point out is that you should focus on what YOU can change, and not on your opponent.
18 May 2016, 19:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 19:12 PMCieZ

Until some one figures out a way to run an RTS simulation entirely server side and only hand each client the information that it needs to know (spoiler alert - this won't happen for many years to come without introducing an unacceptable amount of latency for each player) map hacking will be mostly trivial for those that are savvy enough.

I agree, but Relic isn't doing enough.

I have received some top priority confidential agreement (whose source I shall not name) about some pretty huge allegations of a clan cheating. In fact, they play with the devs so much that they've pretty much flown under the radar. They have superb maphacks which they try to pass of as a joke, but I know. Oh, I know. I think the clan is called Recall the Alias or something like that. You should spearhead this maphack clan purge Ciez, I believe that you will bring justice to all.

/s

But it's great that Relic is making a statement, I hope it will discourage future people from map hacking.
18 May 2016, 20:17 PM

There are no clans except for one mentioned in the 85 bans. Something to be very proud of us a community I think.
18 May 2016, 22:09 PM

Hacking is for bums, I never understood it just to get your name on a ladder. When the good to great players will smash you regularly.
2 Jun 2016, 02:38 AM

Can someone please explain to me exactly what maphack or drophack is?
2 Jun 2016, 03:55 AM

Map hacking is using a hack to remove the fog of war so that you can see everything your opponent does. It's probably the only effective way to hack this game, since anything else not prevented by sync with the Battleserver would be highly noticeable in the replay anyway.

Drop hacking probably isn't really a thing anymore now that Battleservers exist. When the game was P2P, people who were losing could block other players' packets to confuse the system as to whether someone was connected or not. While annoying as hell, the trust rating system meant that you'd almost always get the win anyway, unless your connection frequently dropped as well.

Now that Battleservers mediate the match and everyone's connections, people only screw themselves over if they block packets because the game keeps playing for everyone else. This means that only forcing a sync error somehow would be effective. But once again, the trust rating system means you'll almost always get the official win anyway (even if it says you lost at the end of the match).
3 Jun 2016, 18:55 PM
3 Jun 2016, 19:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invis a comment and the one quoting it. Calm down guys.
3 Jun 2016, 19:37 PM
Patrion 27

Hello all.I have been permanently banned at coh2.I think i deserve this ban because sadly i used the hack more the once.But the story ιt is a bit complicated.I am one of the administrators of the official CoH greece.
In the past we have send a message at relic showing the main page of the maphack and ask them to stop them.We haven't received never an answer.So the main administrator of CoH greece told me to buy the maphack so i can see if it works.So i buy it and we see the hack work.Thats the end of good story... now is the bad story of my self.After some months i play 1v1 with Heinz Guderian (that i suspected him for some time he uses hacks) and i lose.And i didnt belive it because we are something like friends and this was expert on 4vs4 and at 3v3 and me at 2v2 and some times 1v1.So all my friends they laugh with me because i lost.So my personal anger egoism and pride wanted rematch.So i ask him again to play 1v1 but this time i use the hack.Anyway we play 1v1 i lose again after a hard game but then i was sure he use hacks.Then the downfall begun...The hack impacted on me like a drug and i use it for some time.Until i feel sick of myself because i have never been used hacks not even at CoH 1.So i deleted it.Then after a while i see i have been permanently banned.To tell the truth when i saw that i laugh because i said is visa nemesis.Anyway i dont all that to justify myself but to see and the other side.And sorry for my bad english.

So you lost even while hacking? Top hole M8.
3 Jun 2016, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 19:12 PMCieZ

lol, Heroes of Newerth does that since 2009 and I have nerver had a latency problem.

And this is from a indie company that had 12 employees.

Giving the nature of the current matchmaking system, all I can say is that relic is just lazy/incompetent at making this possible.
3 Jun 2016, 19:42 PM

So you lost even while hacking? Top hole M8.

Atleast he was honest about it :)
3 Jun 2016, 22:22 PM
Benefactor 355

So the main administrator of CoH greece told me to buy the maphack so i can see if it works.So i buy it and we see the hack work.

Dat main administrator dude has some serious powers. Perheps he is some sort of a greek god. If he ever tells me to jump off da cliff, ima dive right in. #MVGame
4 Jun 2016, 00:39 AM

lol, Heroes of Newerth does that since 2009 and I have nerver had a latency problem.

And this is from a indie company that had 12 employees.

Giving the nature of the current matchmaking system, all I can say is that relic is just lazy/incompetent at making this possible.

I don't know how the engine behind HoN is set up, but I doubt it needs to perform nearly as many calculations per second as an RTS, especially an RTS like CoH2.

As far as I know, not even Blizzard with SC 2 implemented full server side simulations of games - and I believe CoH 2 to be significantly more complicated computationally than SC 2.
4 Jun 2016, 12:12 PM

Drop hacking probably isn't really a thing anymore now
I have faced this multiple times. Actually it is the most prevalent and worst kind of cheating in this game.

You know something is wrong when your opponent loses one of his important units and then you suddenly lose connection and can't reconnect.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak