Login

russian armor

Study: Shit gameplay causes aggression, not violent games

10 Apr 2014, 13:13 PM

10 Apr 2014, 13:54 PM

Media tends to exaggerate the results of studies. All this study really shows is that incompetence in video games may lead to agression.

There are tons of papers that determine a significant relationship between violent video games and agression in society. This paper does not dispute this.
10 Apr 2014, 20:45 PM
Patrion 15

So more or less, players who are either bad at a good game, or frustrated trying to play a bad game are more likely to display aggression than someone playing a violent game properly. Though my hero in Diablo 3 may be drowning in demon blood after 100,000 enemy kills, the game is pretty easy to play, and I’m an experienced player. Therefore, I never feel any aggression during my time with the game. But throw me into a cheerfully animated game of Mario Party, have me switch stars with my last-place friend, and I’ll be dangerously close to punching him in the face and putting a Wiimote through the television.

-----

This gave me a good laugh. Explains why so many people rage and blame balance in coh. Unreliable outcomes due to lots of RNG make people feel like they've been cheated out of victory, deserving or not.
Hux
10 Apr 2014, 20:57 PM
Patrion 14

Its all just refusing to accept the fact I guess,

That if your loosing at a game, L2P. You're clearly loosing for a reason...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★