Login

russian armor

New Soviet Commander on the way!!!

10 Apr 2014, 15:40 PM

Commander #yolo reporting in.

Relic is a business. A business needs money to develop stuff. To develop stuff you need staff. To get staff you need money. Although I believe the way balancing is done right now is rubbish without DLC or Commanders Relic would have no money. By buying the DLC or commanders we ensure that Noun and pqumsieh have a job.

Just sayin'
10 Apr 2014, 15:47 PM

On topic: Aw ma gawd, Relic ruin game!!!
All this speculation is based on what people posted here and the current state of the game.

No retreat, No surrender
Commander in M3 with masses of Penals charging. OH YEA BABY! MG42 (unless it's lots of them) will not be able to stop it since the gunners get killed too fast. Zerg it up!
This doctrine is a double edged sword - The additional manpower income can be really useful, but to actually shine with this doc you need good micro. Losing squads can happen far more often due to the missing retreat and even though it sounds like it's more forgiving if that happens - it actually isn't. You need to steamroll your opponent early game or at least hold most of the map - if both have equal territory you are most likely fighting a losing battle by feeding him experience.

Step 1: Make 2 t1s.
Step 2: Spam Penals
Step 3: Spam more Penals
Step 4: Overwhelm the enemy with Penals
Step 5: Force the enemy to ALT+F4
10 Apr 2014, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 13:14 PMZ3r07
sadly, numbers don't lie.

What #s? The current playerbase that is shown at the bottom left of the screen when you open CoH2? If thats what your referring to its atrocious, I have never really seen it peak past 1500, ouch. Sadly I am among the people who have left/or are starting leaving coh2. I quickly got to 900 hours of gameplay but in the past month my 900 hours has only gone to about 925. I don't see it getting much higher either. I have been trying to play, now i mostly watch replays of this debacle and cry a little inside.
10 Apr 2014, 16:04 PM

Seriously, Relic's prices are quite reasonable. Have you seen how EA and other companies rip off their customers?

I'm excited to see new commanders -- adds to the diversity and longevity of the game. Just keep them balanced.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 07:02 AMpigsoup

WORD
how dare they try to make us pay for new contents! Heresy I Say!
10 Apr 2014, 16:06 PM

You're such a crybaby.

Did you see that the unit can't cap and reinforces at 56mp and costs nearly 600mp?

Play the unit before crying like a 12 year old.

5 men with the G-43? This is a great imbalanced. If grenadiers with two G-43 raped every living thing, then that will make five G-43? Why six SVT - 40 so disgusting?
10 Apr 2014, 16:34 PM

I'm baffled people endorse more paid commanders
This is beyond me
10 Apr 2014, 16:36 PM

Take the money and buy Men of War.

MoW: $10 MoW:AS: $15 MoW:AS package: $20

MoW2: $27.
10 Apr 2014, 16:41 PM

Considering DLC is only $3 each I believe the cheaper choice would be CoH2 DLC. Though I do not support the idea of DLC having a price tag for this game.
10 Apr 2014, 17:03 PM

It was in open beta, no retreat no surrender is literally what it says. It will be pretty OP in good hands if you can micro squads back to base to reinforce instead of losing them. As soon as you activate it, you can't retreat rest of game. Another way they've found to break the core mechanics of COH.

And then...MOAR MANPOWER. MOAR CONSCRIPTS. CONSCRIPTS EVERYWHERE.

I hope it's not released, tbh.

This is my concern. Why is breaking the COH formula good for the game? Stop adding commanders that take out things that make COH COH.

Also don't forget a pinned squad recovers its mobility after a certain amount of time. It also requires a suppression unit to continue to fire at it otherwise it can creep forward and take out the mg. As a result I would expect conscript spam into mortars to prevent mgs from becoming useful. Or, you could give up the mortar and just drive around in M3's with penals everywhere. I really, really dislike the sound of this commander. Seems like it will just be a headache to play against.

If you lose map control early to this commander, which is how it is designed, how would you ever recover from that? They are going to fast tech to T3, since the higher MP will allow fuel caches as well.

Please Relic, do not release this commander, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.
10 Apr 2014, 17:06 PM
Patrion 14

Give me that commander. So finally soviets can win again :megusta:
10 Apr 2014, 17:08 PM
Patrion 14

men of war sucks
10 Apr 2014, 17:11 PM

I like how no one is complaining about the german commander, minus the jaegar light infantry which are expensive as hell and have no AT. Lol, it just goes to show...
10 Apr 2014, 17:18 PM

Also don't forget a pinned squad recovers its mobility after a certain amount of time. It also requires a suppression unit to continue to fire at it otherwise it can creep forward and take out the mg.

Not entirely true.
All weapons deal some suppression damage, that means in practice that if unit gets suppressed/pinned it can be shot at by non suppressive weapon and never recover, SMGs works best, but rifles will also be sufficient. This is how you can beat suppressed shocks with pios without losses for example.

This is why everyone tells to support MGs, this is how skilled players reposition MGs after molotov instead of bailing back to base.
10 Apr 2014, 17:21 PM

not being able to retreat will be kind of broken imo, it will limit strategy to spamming m3s i guess with the extra manpower
10 Apr 2014, 17:29 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 09:22 AMjacko
Again, putting content behind a paywall in a multiplayer environment is detrimental to the gameplay experience. Commanders gets you new tactical choices, choices that you only have because you payed for them.

That is fine in singleplayer. Comp stomp away, but let me have the ability to NOT play against people who buy commanders.

Let people use filters that excludes Commanders, and this wouldn't be an issue at all. A site like Coh2.org could easily have a "Coh2 Commander Filter" with community approved Commanders. Of course this will lead to other problems (like longer ques), but it will put and end to the 'unfairness' argument.

A lot of people are missing the point with the DLC from Relic. Monetization is fine, but selling DLC should not come at the expense of multiplayer balance and quality, and that has been the case with almost every Commander so far. No doubt Sega is pushing the agenda on DLC (I dearly hope), but it can be made with much more elegance and thought then in it's current form which steamrolls the game and forces new and contrived meta games after every release.

This pretty much sums it up, I don't think filtering out commanders is a good solution, but you did a good job of articulating the flaws in the current system.

Also, I really don't approve of commanders that change the fundamental nature of the game. Soviet Industry when it was first released comes to mind. In its current state it is in a good spot, but it took way to long to get there. I really, really worry about how this no retreat commander will change the game. If its fun to play with, AND against, and it is balanced on release, then great. If it makes for frustrating, gimmicky game play that the consensus holds OP, then don't even bother releasing it. Based on Relics track record, I'm guessing we get the latter for a few months of game breaking imbalance and fan outrage before it gets fixed. Just in time for more game breaking commanders to be released. But hey.......gotta make money right? Blech.
10 Apr 2014, 17:42 PM
Donator 11

I'm ok with cool new commanders but I think they should redo some of the older ones that are just mix of the same abilities. Maybe give them one or two unique ability?
10 Apr 2014, 17:43 PM

I do find the whining about DLC a bit much. They provide the battle servers for you to play on FOR FREE!
No one is asking you to buy them ... I haven't.
People win without them.
If a good one pops up that peaks my interest ... I might throw them a bone.
10 Apr 2014, 17:46 PM

It's an interesting doc, but for me, shock army will still be the best commander there is.
10 Apr 2014, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 17:08 PMutmost
men of war sucks

I like the concept of men of war (mid-way between RTS and simulation, attention to microscopic detail, huge array of units, COH-like interface) better than COH2 but it suffers from a much lower development base than COh2. COh2 is a pure RTS that has better support.

So when people complain of unit diversity and buy DLCs (like I did- maybe $20 worth), I would point toward MoW:AS to satisfy one's needs. The tanks and infantry are also modeled much more realistically and most of the equipment from WW2 are already there.
10 Apr 2014, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 17:46 PMBurts
It's an interesting doc, but for me, shock army will still be the best commander there is.

Also, jesus people, remember +6 months ago how you complained that commanders were basically all the same, you wanted the commander system to be like in coh 1 "where every commander gave you a completely different playstyle" and you got these kind of commanders, be happy now. But no, now people complain that they break what COH is.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★
  • The British Forces flag 보드카 중대
  • Oberkommando West flag VonManteuffel
  • Ostheer flag Heartless Jäger
uploaded by XXxxHeartlessxxXX

Board Info

205 users are online: 7 members and 198 guests
OKSpitfire, Tiger Baron, nigo, DIRTY_FINISHER, Katitof, amanitamuscariaomh, Hannibal
9 posts in the last 24h
35 posts in the last week
89 posts in the last month
Registered members: 44642
Welcome our newest member, amanitamuscariaomh
Most online: 2043 users on 29 Oct 2023, 01:04 AM