Login

russian armor

New Soviet Commander on the way!!!

10 Apr 2014, 07:02 AM
Patrion 14

Oh poor baby they actually want you to pay for content....omg... welcome to the real world kids, you guys are seriously pathetic sometimes quit acting like you live in a jar for real and why should Relic have to give away their commanders for free if you play a lot... what would be in it for them then? You guys whining about actually having to pay for shit make me LOL, I mean come on seriously. Get a job kids then you can get stuff no one gonna give it to you and they shouldnt have too

WORD
how dare they try to make us pay for new contents! Heresy I Say!
10 Apr 2014, 07:07 AM

I'm still waiting to be able to use the last two commanders which were available from the make love not war event. I had a family berevement, so wasn't around during that time. Now u can't even buy those commanders, despite having bought pretty much everything else, including silly DCE.
10 Apr 2014, 07:44 AM

Oh poor baby they actually want you to pay for content....omg... welcome to the real world kids, you guys are seriously pathetic sometimes quit acting like you live in a jar for real and why should Relic have to give away their commanders for free if you play a lot... what would be in it for them then? You guys whining about actually having to pay for shit make me LOL, I mean come on seriously. Get a job kids then you can get stuff no one gonna give it to you and they shouldnt have too

Stop being an idiot, people here are not whining the price of DLC (those are even cheaper than your lunch), they are bitching the system of DLC. Why should a player paid a full price of a game, would be required to buy tons of DLC worthing 1-5 bucks? and those should be including in the original fucking game. (like tank trap? FHQ? trench? <444>_<444>)

Now there are tons of gaming industries advertising "There is a XXX DLC", even before the game release. This system is fucked.

EA, Sega, Capcom, Square Lynx, Bandai Namco (maybe all Japanese company <444>_<444>) those guys are truly demons of pay2win DLC. Ubisoft do have DLC but they are not that retarded. Blizzard possibly is the only company that keeping the traditional "Original game + expansion" system and say no to dlc.

Don't tell me "but they need to sustain the supporting cost of the game", it's bullshit. If the game is good enough, people would swarm the game store and buy it on the first day, without question. (Starcraft, GTA V, etc)
10 Apr 2014, 08:03 AM

I'd give this a serious response if it hand't devolved into childish assumptions and petty insults. Congratulations for entirely missing the point of the post, good luck with your anti-consumer goals of 2014.

LMAO! ooh your forum etiquette, your moral high ground stance, your lofty forum statements from a position of authority.... get a life. And no i dont have an agenda at all im just sick of watching you whiny kids complain about paying for stuff, get a clue this is gonna happen your entire life might as well learn to deal with it now.
10 Apr 2014, 08:07 AM

Porygon, I'm not DLC fan but game development now is waaay more expensive than in 1999. Only blind person can't see this. SC2 and GTA5 have great fanbase (compare it with COH2 fanbase) so your argument is invalid.

It's sad but Relic isn't Blizzard or Rockstar so they have no any other choice.
Hux
10 Apr 2014, 08:29 AM
Patrion 14

LMAO! ooh your forum etiquette, your moral high ground stance, your lofty forum statements from a position of authority.... get a life. And no i dont have an agenda at all im just sick of watching you whiny kids complain about paying for stuff, get a clue this is gonna happen your entire life might as well learn to deal with it now.

*sick of watching people whine about DLC business models in the forums.

Wades in multiple times to complain about it.*

shhhhhhh.
10 Apr 2014, 08:33 AM

Again this same debate.

Could this thread be focused only for speculating these new commanders and that there would be new thread for this eternal discussion about DLC content?
10 Apr 2014, 08:36 AM

I welcome downloadable content such as the Western Front Armies, as it adds two whole new factions and is essentially a stand alone expansion. However adding more commanders that could potentially break balance again is again worrying for the simple idea of balance.(I say potentially but we all know that it is highly likely that they will considering the testing of the new patch)

I will wait to see how the commanders play out, but I'm just not a fan of DLC, especially in my favourite franchise. Nevertheless I have purchased a few commanders and do enjoy playing with them, Like I said I'm worried about the balance.

Fix the game, test the commanders rigorously and listen to community feedback.
10 Apr 2014, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 07:44 AMPorygon

Stop being an idiot, people here are not whining the price of DLC (those are even cheaper than your lunch), they are bitching the system of DLC. Why should a player paid a full price of a game, would be required to buy tons of DLC worthing 1-5 bucks? and those should be including in the original fucking game. (like tank trap? FHQ? trench? <444>_<444>)

Now there are tons of gaming industries advertising "There is a XXX DLC", even before the game release. This system is fucked.

EA, Sega, Capcom, Square Lynx, Bandai Namco (maybe all Japanese company <444>_<444>) those guys are truly demons of pay2win DLC. Ubisoft do have DLC but they are not that retarded. Blizzard possibly is the only company that keeping the traditional "Original game + expansion" system and say no to dlc.

Don't tell me "but they need to sustain the supporting cost of the game", it's bullshit. If the game is good enough, people would swarm the game store and buy it on the first day, without question. (Starcraft, GTA V, etc)

You really should check out the blizzard store if you don't think they do DLC and their paid services of which could be free, make them a lot of money.

10 Apr 2014, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 07:44 AMPorygon

1. You are not required to buy anything if you only want the full game be happy with that, you don't like the system or new content Don't buy it. You saying "required" is Bs you are not required to buy any dlc or theatre of war content to play the full game in single player or multiplayer.

2. Sure the system sucks and this isn't the golden age of video games and also you cant even expect to have a complete game anymore for the admission price of a full game excellent game 10 years ago. But guess what thats the real world, inflation, money, how to make more of it easier. It has always been this way and it is never going to change sorry agian but welcome to reality. I get so tired of the whining about it though seriously play some games have fun stop fucking whining money will always be an issue.
10 Apr 2014, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 08:07 AMrejfor
Porygon, I'm not DLC fan but game development now is waaay more expensive than in 1999. Only blind person can't see this. SC2 and GTA5 have great fanbase (compare it with COH2 fanbase) so your argument is invalid.

No, I don't think the mass DLC crap now is Relic's decision but Sega, if you played their Japanese game or even total war series, you know how awful cash hungry Sega is. Relic made this game but they need tons of investment and in the end they just get a cut from the profit. And one of the main reason that COH2 isn't that welcomed by their old fans is the awful pay2win DLC swarm fucking up balance every month.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 08:37 AMwuff

You really should check out the blizzard store if you don't think they do DLC and their paid services of which could be free, make them a lot of money.

Wow is a monthly paid MMORPG that shouldn't count. Never heard Diablo having DLC but they have item auction store draining up money from players. Never heard Starcraft II have DLC, at least I played it from Wings of Liberty to 6 months after Heart of the Swarm. They have potential selling custom map in arcade but they end up not doing it, but making the game "half free" for some reason. Dunno about the DOTA thing.

1. You are not required to buy anything if you only want the full game be happy with that, you don't like the system or new content Don't buy it. You saying "required" is Bs you are not required to buy any dlc or theatre of war content to play the full game in single player or multiplayer.

You can won a game without buying doctrine in the first week elite/windustry release? Seriously lol?

Tell me what you did countering 4 mins T70s?
10 Apr 2014, 08:46 AM

Daddy pays for my things. :( Your emotional posts are enjoyable to read.

10 Apr 2014, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 08:07 AMrejfor

Yes, there's the cost increase but selling so many commanders in such a short time is not a very good way to solve the problem. It's going to be very hard to balance the game and all those commanders at the same time.

Instead if they could just release fewer commanders, increase their cost while making them more interesting and balance then i'm sure people would be completely fine with it.
10 Apr 2014, 09:13 AM

I am reading so much BS about the DLC. This is the Future and this is a bussines model and they have to do it.

What happend to the thinking People???
Are all Gamers SHEEPS now???
You go along with everything that the Companys throw at you??
WTF guys!!!

I say this: The Future is what we make of it and not what a Company sayes. So start shaping Future how you want it.

Yes, i know, i live in a Fantasyworld, i am not even read this replays that will come (i am sure).

Start being your own Boss and don't let anyone f... in the A.. with the exuse that this is the Future.

P.S. look what happend to my Country from People that said that this is the Future (f.. Banks and BS Companys).
And to leave with a quote from the Game: For the Motherland :-) (F... capitalism, this is from me :-)).

P.S. II i am not a comi if you think that.

10 Apr 2014, 09:22 AM

Again, putting content behind a paywall in a multiplayer environment is detrimental to the gameplay experience. Commanders gets you new tactical choices, choices that you only have because you payed for them.

That is fine in singleplayer. Comp stomp away, but let me have the ability to NOT play against people who buy commanders.

Let people use filters that excludes Commanders, and this wouldn't be an issue at all. A site like Coh2.org could easily have a "Coh2 Commander Filter" with community approved Commanders. Of course this will lead to other problems (like longer ques), but it will put and end to the 'unfairness' argument.

A lot of people are missing the point with the DLC from Relic. Monetization is fine, but selling DLC should not come at the expense of multiplayer balance and quality, and that has been the case with almost every Commander so far. No doubt Sega is pushing the agenda on DLC (I dearly hope), but it can be made with much more elegance and thought then in it's current form which steamrolls the game and forces new and contrived meta games after every release.
10 Apr 2014, 09:24 AM

I am reading so much BS about the DLC. This is the Future and this is a bussines model and they have to do it.

What happend to the thinking People???
Are all Gamers SHEEPS now???
You go along with everything that the Companys throw at you??
WTF guys!!!

I say this: The Future is what we make of it and not what a Company sayes. So start shaping Future how you want it.

Yes, i know, i live in a Fantasyworld, i am not even read this replays that will come (i am sure).

Start being your own Boss and don't let anyone f... in the A.. with the exuse that this is the Future.

P.S. look what happend to my Country from People that said that this is the Future (f.. Banks and BS Companys).
And to leave with a quote from the Game: For the Motherland :-) (F... capitalism, this is from me :-)).

P.S. II i am not a comi if you think that.

10 Apr 2014, 09:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Soviet industry for infantry...
10 Apr 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 09:22 AMjacko
Again, putting content behind a paywall in a multiplayer environment is detrimental to the gameplay experience. Commanders gets you new tactical choices, choices that you only have because you payed for them.

That is fine in singleplayer. Comp stomp away, but let me have the ability to NOT play against people who buy commanders.

Let people use filters that excludes Commanders, and this wouldn't be an issue at all. A site like Coh2.org could easily have a "Coh2 Commander Filter" with community approved Commanders. Of course this will lead to other problems (like longer ques), but it will put and end to the 'unfairness' argument.

A lot of people are missing the point with the DLC from Relic. Monetization is fine, but selling DLC should not come at the expense of multiplayer balance and quality, and that has been the case with almost every Commander so far. No doubt Sega is pushing the agenda on DLC (I dearly hope), but it can be made with much more elegance and thought then in it's current form which steamrolls the game and forces new and contrived meta games after every release.

Nailed it. Theatre of war? Sure. Skins? Sure. It really doesn't have a place in CoH2's moderately competitive automatch though. Wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if all of my DLC commanders that came with my collectors edition were exclusive to theatre of war/skirmish.

The next best option of course, is to allow them to be earnt through gameplay. Give them almost exorbitant exp requirements so as to eventually cause a player to become emotionally invested by the time they unlock 1 or 2 DLC commanders, thats when people start paying for extra DLC. But there is still that degree of fairness where a player can simply play the game to unlock "premium" commanders.
10 Apr 2014, 09:44 AM

It will surely balance the game...
10 Apr 2014, 09:49 AM

How about this. INSTEAD OF MAKING THESE GIMMICKY COMMANDERS, BALANCE YOUR FUCKING GAME.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight