Login

russian armor

New Soviet Commander on the way!!!

10 Apr 2014, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 02:31 AMakosi
you are pretty late, not only soviet failfish

I was expecting a german equivalent along with the Russian commander. Do you have any information on it? Callins/Abilities?
10 Apr 2014, 02:47 AM

I was expecting a german equivalent along with the Russian commander. Do you have any information on it? Callins/Abilities?
I have the images of six of the new commanders, but I don't know them by picture. If anyone knows what it's called I can tell you what it has.
10 Apr 2014, 02:52 AM

You know what would be great? If they fixed the currently shit/OP ones before making new ways to cashgrab content.
10 Apr 2014, 03:06 AM

You know what would be great? If they fixed the currently shit/OP ones before making new ways to cashgrab content.

I have to agree, it really is a cash grab and its disappointing. The practice of releasing DLC content that effects multiplayer without anyway to earn said content through actual game play is abysmal. Anyone who actually argues otherwise is not pro-consumer. It is truly a spit in the face to all fans of the franchise. Even if it took someone like 20+ hours through exp gains or whatever to unlock a DLC commander, it would still be more acceptable than outright not being able to earn them at all. It would also serve as a carrot on a stick to keep people playing and create a more active multiplayer scene, but short term profits and benefits for some reason blind the marketing team of these facts.

Say it actually does take 20 hours to unlock a DLC commander, just think in the 20 hours that individual plays the game, he/she may take a really big liking to the game and spread the word to their friends. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, good business practice will strengthen this but they really missed the ball on this one.

e: For the record I know this commander isn't coming out any time soon, just a rant about DLC commanders and how it literally pissed all over the once good name of company of heroes. sorry.
10 Apr 2014, 04:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 00:50 AMmorten1
shit. not more.

Fuk Yes more! more tactics more options more units

more more more!
10 Apr 2014, 04:37 AM

Cool, new commanders!
10 Apr 2014, 04:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

stop with the commanders already, we have enough :(
10 Apr 2014, 04:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 04:46 AMSpanky
stop with the commanders already, we have enough :(
No, I would very much like more. Please stop acting like you are the majority. Many more casual players tend to look foward to new commanders.
10 Apr 2014, 04:49 AM

Quantity over quality, COH2 is truly in a sad state now.
10 Apr 2014, 04:56 AM

I have bought a lot of commanders and at this point I don't think I'll ever buy more.

Buy men of war with that money people...
10 Apr 2014, 05:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Quantity over quality,COH2 gaming is truly in a sad state now.

Anyway. Brace yourselves, Elite Doctrine for Soviets it´s coming...

I hope they have learn the lesson with AssGs and Elite/Industry and we don´t get:
6 new commanders, 2 for free and 4 "brand new commanders" which are gonna be obviously OP, 1-2 weeks later they get nerf slightly, and then 1-2 month later gets properly balanced.
10 Apr 2014, 05:02 AM

Interesting YOLO commander. Keep up the pressure on the front line with a constant stream of infantry that potentially gets buffed by the commissar and (maybe?) Hold the Line. Pair it with Industry and you'll have disposable units everywhere.
10 Apr 2014, 05:31 AM
Patrion 14

some of this commander's abilities are featured in 'no retreat, no surrender' mission of 'southern front' dlc. more man power, faster infantry building, retreat feature disabled and the comissar who's like leftanent or captain in coh 1 i guess. i think there is fuel penalty but im not so sure, gotta check again.
10 Apr 2014, 05:35 AM

Permanently Banned

5 men pggrens with g43s
60 ammo stuka to neutralize the points
sprint
arty
tank blitzkrieg like coh1
10 Apr 2014, 05:47 AM

I have to agree, it really is a cash grab and its disappointing. The practice of releasing DLC content that effects multiplayer without anyway to earn said content through actual game play is abysmal. Anyone who actually argues otherwise is not pro-consumer. It is truly a spit in the face to all fans of the franchise. Even if it took someone like 20+ hours through exp gains or whatever to unlock a DLC commander, it would still be more acceptable than outright not being able to earn them at all. It would also serve as a carrot on a stick to keep people playing and create a more active multiplayer scene, but short term profits and benefits for some reason blind the marketing team of these facts.

Say it actually does take 20 hours to unlock a DLC commander, just think in the 20 hours that individual plays the game, he/she may take a really big liking to the game and spread the word to their friends. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, good business practice will strengthen this but they really missed the ball on this one.

e: For the record I know this commander isn't coming out any time soon, just a rant about DLC commanders and how it literally pissed all over the once good name of company of heroes. sorry.

Oh poor baby they actually want you to pay for content....omg... welcome to the real world kids, you guys are seriously pathetic sometimes quit acting like you live in a jar for real and why should Relic have to give away their commanders for free if you play a lot... what would be in it for them then? You guys whining about actually having to pay for shit make me LOL, I mean come on seriously. Get a job kids then you can get stuff no one gonna give it to you and they shouldnt have too
10 Apr 2014, 05:49 AM
Patrion 310

How about fixing the game? So I made my statement...:)Of course I will buy Commandant Commissar.
10 Apr 2014, 05:53 AM

Maybe fix balance first? :loco:
10 Apr 2014, 06:15 AM

Oh poor baby they actually want you to pay for content....omg... welcome to the real world kids, you guys are seriously pathetic sometimes quit acting like you live in a jar for real and why should Relic have to give away their commanders for free if you play a lot... what would be in it for them then? You guys whining about actually having to pay for shit make me LOL, I mean come on seriously. Get a job kids then you can get stuff no one gonna give it to you and they shouldnt have too

I'd give this a serious response if it hand't devolved into childish assumptions and petty insults. Congratulations for entirely missing the point of the post, good luck with your anti-consumer goals of 2014.
10 Apr 2014, 06:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Like it or not, paid DLC is a business model that is rapidly growing in many game industries, and its here to stay.
10 Apr 2014, 06:44 AM
Patrion 14

QFT
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight