Login

russian armor

New cast series 'War Room' - very fun :)

A_E
26 Jan 2013, 02:06 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Just stared an interesting new shoutcast series, where someone off Reddit submits a replay and me and a better player, cast it, poking fun, but also pointing out good advice. It's good for improving players, and anyone that just wants an entertaining cast to listen to.

Here's a link to a playlist - Hope you enjoy!

27 Jan 2013, 01:33 AM

2 MG/Forward Barracks/Sniper opening.

Nice
A_E
27 Jan 2013, 02:07 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I know right, I can't wait to see the shift in the meta game now...!
27 Jan 2013, 05:32 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Great idea A_E.The community needs more noob friendly casts out there. =)
27 Jan 2013, 16:40 PM

Holy sh*t, forgot everybody starts like this.

Thanks for subjecting yourselves to that and producing a 50 minute CoH how-to from it - the single reference to all noobs from now on.

And kudos to Nail for posting a loss.
A_E
28 Jan 2013, 15:16 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for subjecting yourselves to that!

Haha thanks, but that's the thing. If you make fun of how bad it is, whilst trying to help, it's quite enjoyable! I also find drinking beer before hand helps.... :P
A_E
28 Jan 2013, 15:17 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Great idea A_E.The community needs more noob friendly casts out there. =)

Thanks Hans - and hey when you get back from Japan would you be interested in helping cast a level 14's PE game?
28 Jan 2013, 21:02 PM

Liked it, great and fun concept. Haven't watched all of it but might when I got more time on my hands.^^
A_E
2 Feb 2013, 23:13 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

War Room #4 with: c0mpl3x1ty - player: vulpesvelox level 11 US vs. PE

Well worth a watch, it features a level 11's imitation of the Aimstrong strat and level 16, pl3xy's commentary, which is entertaining as always.

---

Also if you're an improving player check out episode three which features level 7 vanilla factions play, on Angoville as commentated on by level 15 US player Cr4wler, it's a more sober episode (in more ways than one), but by far the most educational so far.
3 Feb 2013, 03:07 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2013, 15:17 PMA_E

Thanks Hans - and hey when you get back from Japan would you be interested in helping cast a level 14's PE game?

I would love to :D, cheers. Hopefully going to be back home before the 10th :)
3 Feb 2013, 17:26 PM

If you want a good laugh I could send you one of my recorded games? They aren't all that long but do involve a great amount of noobness. I rarely quit games, if I have learnt anything from watching SNF it is to not give up until the last VP runs out...or until my base lies in ruins on the ground :P
A_E
3 Feb 2013, 18:54 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Oh yes definitely, send the best game you have though! In terms of entertainment value for the viewer and your best play.
3 Feb 2013, 20:30 PM

I would love to :D, cheers. Hopefully going to be back home before the 10th :)

of February?
5 Feb 2013, 21:33 PM
Patrion 14

Will check it out tonight!
A_E
6 Feb 2013, 11:25 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

War Room #5 with: Impeial Dane - player Arny level 14 Wehr vs. US

the audio levels are a bit poor, but the cast had a nice mix of game analysis and military discussion that has become Dane's trademark!

(I'm going to be doing better audio checks from now on)
A_E
7 Feb 2013, 19:14 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Fun adventurous game for War Room #6 with: Stephenn commentating over BlueCarrot's gameplay.
8 Feb 2013, 06:25 AM
Patrion 14

My two groats (I've watched the first three) :

Firstly, I think it's a very original style of casting and a worthy addition to the excellent roster of casters serving the community. I enjoyed them and think they are of genuine value.

However, "making fun" and being overly snarky seems a fine balance to achieve. You are definitely getting there, but the earlier ones have a slightly patronising tone (although the chat about "level 11 PE: what do you expect to see? Complexity: "Well massive infantry blobs who get strafed, then the PE player will complain about balance" was pretty funny). But it is getting more focussed as you carry on and is shaping up nicely.

Do kudos to you A_E I am subscribed.
A_E
8 Feb 2013, 12:06 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

However, "making fun" and being overly snarky seems a fine balance to achieve. You are definitely getting there, but the earlier ones have a slightly patronising tone.

Yeah I completely and utterly agree, it's something I'm very mindful of and hope I can get that balance right. The casts are done with people I've sometimes never spoken to before, so I have to juggle having a fun conversation with them, whilst making sure the advice is good, and not derisive!

Every person who's had their video casted has been very thankful so far, so that's a good sign. But I think if you quote a few of the things said it can sound patronising, but hopefully in the context of the entire cast it balances out.

Cheers for subbing, any other advice and criticisms welcomed.
A_E
10 Feb 2013, 10:54 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

War Room #7 with: Tommy - player: Schmetterling level 13 Wehr vs. US

Good episode for decent Wehr players that want to be good Wehr players, as Tommy is one of the best in the game.
14 Feb 2013, 18:44 PM
Patrion 14

Just watched Blue Carrot's 4ES versus the crazy Wehr player who was allergic to bikes when faced with sniper spam!!

Great replay, good to see some unusual tactics and any earlier comments I made are now redundant.

Like I said, along with RnP, Krebs and Frontline Network you are on my roster of catch-up replay sites. Sadly, my Nexus 7 (Android) *hates* TwitchTV (I cannot adjust quality).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★