Login

russian armor

The state of CoH2

9 Apr 2014, 11:44 AM

C'mon, if I said that do I really care?

Anyway, sounds like theres a pattern.

The amount of lameness going on in this game nowadays is unbelievable. I play team games these days because 1v1s are too depressing and all I see are elited G43-MG-42 Grens charging everywhere destroying everything infantry shaped. Sure, it's a L2P issue, but do I really want to have to learn to counter that sort of boring tactic? In larger team games I regularly run into ridiculous amounts of pwerfers, panthers etc and what's most depressing is that despite all of it. I win! The German players get so wrapped up in their toys that they forget the good old infantry. But its no fun watching your units die to 3x pwerfers ground zeroing an area. It's just boring and there's nothing I can do about it. There is no excitement in this game, every patch requires me to do a slightly different build order that is the same for every game and any deviation leads to an instant loss. Relic needs to throw out everything that makes the Soviet faction and a good deal of the German faction and rebalance and redesign everything to make it interesting. That I'm raging so hard and its 9 hours since I played last shows just how pissed I am at the state this game is in.

Coh2 infantry is not by far what Coh1 infantry was, I give you that. Sadly.
9 Apr 2014, 12:54 PM

I think the great thing about CoH infantry is that everything could do something and everything could do something well...

Here you have osttruppen who are overpriced... Guards who are outmatched by grens who cost less in all categories... cons who lose out against everything... Penals who are useless late game. I think every unit in vCoH had a use throughout the game, hell even jeeps and bikes were useful. Here, everything has a set time period and then after that they're useless..
9 Apr 2014, 13:55 PM

I think the great thing about CoH infantry is that everything could do something and everything could do something well...

Here you have osttruppen who are overpriced... Guards who are outmatched by grens who cost less in all categories... cons who lose out against everything... Penals who are useless late game. I think every unit in vCoH had a use throughout the game, hell even jeeps and bikes were useful. Here, everything has a set time period and then after that they're useless..

QFT.

Amen.
9 Apr 2014, 14:44 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that the penals flamethrower hasn't scaled well with the increased small arms damage. They just don't seem to kill much faster then a man with a rifle does. I suppose they still ignore cover, but that doesn't really make me want to spend 60 munis on it, and I could always use satchels on the garrisons that work better.

It's still pretty good on engineers though since they do crap damage without it, but it seems like even a single SVT has similiar damage to a flamethrower at mid range.

Although maybe it's just in my head.

Edit: To clarify, it seems to do about 1/3 damage to a model for each burst, but with the time it takes for the holder to jump into position and the time he takes to inbetween burst, not to mention they don't fire while on the move it I'm thinking it might be better to ignore the upgrade.
9 Apr 2014, 15:52 PM

You are so full of sh*t it's unbelievable... read my posts, then make assumptions. I play both almost equally, and I still think precision strike is great. And yes, it still wipes when crews/ squads are bunched up together. When it doesn't, heres a little tip: use mortar to shell a weapon team like enemy mortar/ pak. Kill one member. Use precsion strike and kill at least two more members. Voila, weapon decrewed because the fourth member will abandon...

It's because of people like you discussions end up somewhere in the backstreets...

Thanks for advice on how to use a mortar!
I will definitely try next time I play with Soviets! (if I ever play with Soviets)
10 Apr 2014, 06:30 AM

Thanks for advice on how to use a mortar!
I will definitely try next time I play with Soviets! (if I ever play with Soviets)

Hey, your welcome... trottel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS