PAGES (10)down
31 Jan 2013, 12:09 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

WOw nice catch!
31 Jan 2013, 12:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2013, 12:03 PMTommy
Perhaps this has already been discussed but I noted yesterday that xfire is recording a default server switch for the CoH servers. Whereas before if you weren't connected to anyone it defaulted to a US server, now it's in Canada.

Nice catch Tommy :thumb:
31 Jan 2013, 13:41 PM

I don't understand what is the meaning of that? Just that they moved from the THQ servers in US to new SEGA-Relic servers in Canada or that they are testing their new Canadian servers for CoH2 closed beta? :D I wish it was the 2nd one :P
31 Jan 2013, 15:57 PM
Caster Badge

They'll be using steam for that. And according to some files, they might have had hired a team to actually map CoH to steam.. Which could mean CoH using steam servers in the long run.
31 Jan 2013, 21:47 PM
Donator 22

Was browsing some threads at the old THQ CoH2 boards and found the following post from today:

A guy claims he received this e-mail today from Amazon about his pre-order of CoH2. Could be real...could be a hoax...could be Amazon making a mistake. Dunno, but still interesting (and a bit disturbing):

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on December 22, 2012 (Order# XXXXXXXXXXX). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Company of Heroes 2"
Estimated arrival date: January 07, 2014 - January 10, 2014

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.

UPDATE: Just checked the boxed version of CoH2 on Amazon and found the following: Release date 12/31/2013.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Company-Heroes-2-Pc/dp/B0081X5TUY/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359668859&sr=8-1&keywords=company+of+heroes+2

Interestingly enough, the digital version still has a release date of 3/31/13. Very confused now.
31 Jan 2013, 21:57 PM

Maybe they're delaying the release to have a much longer beta period, so the game is at a higher quality when officially released and ready for reviews.. like DotA2, HoN, LoL and SC2 did/are doing ;)
31 Jan 2013, 22:26 PM

so, if they changed the release date to 2099, would you believe it too? amazon has about as much clue about the release date as my imaginary dog.
31 Jan 2013, 22:31 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2013, 22:26 PMcr4wler
so, if they changed the release date to 2099, would you believe it too? amazon has about as much clue about the release date as my imaginary dog.

I clearly stated in my post SEVERAL TIMES I didn't know what to make of it. Its information I found that I hadn't read here so I posted it for more to see.

I'm just a messenger. Why be a jerk to me about it?

This is the 2nd time I've posted something in this new improved community only to be shit on merely for providing info/help here.

What gives crawler?
31 Jan 2013, 22:58 PM

i was just stating that with a little common sense, it would have been obvious that there is nothing to be learned from this.

i don't know about the other one, but, tbh... if you post, and that post could have been avoided by just taking 5 minutes and think about it yourself... be prepared to receive snide remarks about it.
the internet is a bitter place... if you can't take it, you either have to grow a thicker skin, or maybe refrain from using the internet :-P

release date has always been march 31st (because there never was an officially announced release date). before that, the "official" release date was december 31st... with all the turmoil surround THQ/Relic/Sega, amazon probably pushed back the release date set on their site because it at least seems reasonable to assume that it might be hard to release a game within 8 weeks with a new publisher.

so, please, next time use your brains and you could have come to the same conclusion, instead of posting useless information, receive snide remarks, and be an ass about it :-P

(and remember the thing about the thicker skin.... ;-))
31 Jan 2013, 23:05 PM
Donator 22

release date has always been march 31st (because there never was an officially announced release date). before that, the "official" release date was december 31st... with all the turmoil surround THQ/Relic/Sega, amazon probably pushed back the release date set on their site because it at least seems reasonable to assume that it might be hard to release a game within 8 weeks with a new publisher.

This is the part of your answer that is relevant and adds to the discussion.

Everything else is still an attack which is unnecessary and quite frankly unworthy of someone who has a badge here. Most importantly it is irrelevant to the discussion.
Hux
1 Feb 2013, 07:13 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2013, 22:58 PMcr4wler
if you post, and that post could have been avoided by just taking 5 minutes and think about it yourself... be prepared to receive snide remarks about it.

If you'd[/b] have taken an extra five minutes with this post and laughed out loud to yourself with this 'snide' comment then this off-topic sortie could have been avoided...

Regardless, if beta does run for a year, I don't mind. Personally I'm not really ready to stop playing CoH so if they take ages with a beta....whatever. I would like to be purchasing a balanced, well polished game to be honest.
1 Feb 2013, 07:56 AM

how do they say? the road to hell is paved with good intentions... maybe we should both take that to heart :-P
1 Feb 2013, 08:28 AM

well,
the bad news is : internet may start to go mad, and cancel all their pre orders one after the other.
The good news is : if it's false (and I think it is) and internet is mad, Relic/Sega will have to react quickly and announce something to stop the preorder cancel bleed.
1 Feb 2013, 08:30 AM

Don't think they will change business plans just because a few people cancelled preorders.
1 Feb 2013, 08:35 AM

I didn't mean a few people, I mean the whole internet. And even people not playing video games, they will preorder the game only to be able to cancel it !
I mean the PreOrder Cancel Armageddon !
1 Feb 2013, 10:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Why even bother believing 'Amazon'?! They have just as little information as we do. Just use your brain and await an official statement by Relic/SEGA before cancelling a pre-order (You'll eventually, want to, buy it anyway).
1 Feb 2013, 10:56 AM

I havent recieved anything from Steam so i dont panic as yet. I think Steam would be much better informed about this kind of delay than Amazon
1 Feb 2013, 16:13 PM

Don't think they will change business plans just because a few people cancelled preorders.

maybe...but i can spend my money to buy another game u dont think ?
1 Feb 2013, 16:20 PM
Benefactor 115

2 Feb 2013, 13:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Update on the situation with Lynx. Tommy spotted this tweet from him nicely. He's heading to 'SF' (San Fransisco ; Where the SEGA America office is) next weekend for his 'new(ish) gig'. Newish would mean: new job, in a sense, because it's actually the same job as before.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight