Login

russian armor

Sega Buys Relic

PAGES (10)down
30 Jan 2013, 13:40 PM

nice try Razor.
(except for may be removing the [removed by razor] Statements) :-)

Maybe he have already removed all the [removed by 12azor] and replaced them with his own [removed by 12azor]

A twist worthy of m.night shamylayian. :o
30 Jan 2013, 13:52 PM

He just takes it to far in his quest to be right, if he would post it without the gloating it would be ok I guess.

I had a look at his recent posts and I didnt see anything excessive or gloating like(apart of that bit 'i dont know what you have against 2-headed babies' WTF did it come from?) Apparently it must be a case of personal sesnitivity of which i have none. But even if he was gloating and he took it to far point is we are in the middle of information chaos and innuendo. One clear Sega or Relic statement would put it all to an end and nobody would get upset about minor issues and we could all move on to inventing strategies or whatever that is actually game related
30 Jan 2013, 13:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Can I just ask nicely that we all stick to the topic at hand? Sega has bought Relic - we will have more details once they are available =).
30 Jan 2013, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 13:54 PM12azor
Can I just ask nicely that we all stick to the topic at hand? Sega has bought Relic - we will have more details once they are available =).

My point exactly Razor but how much longer are we supposed to w8?
30 Jan 2013, 13:59 PM

My guess is that we'll hear something next week.
30 Jan 2013, 14:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Sega has bought Relic just last week. Give them a chance to get in touch with each other first. Even then it's probably more about coordinating the development process, release, etc. I can also imagine that its taking even a bit longer for the Beta things to be sorted out, because a 3rd party is involved (Steam).

Basicly, an internal infrastructure has to be build up. All this doesnt just take a few days. I suggest people start to get reasonable again, give them a break and just wait. They will let us know, when they think they can give approriate answers.
30 Jan 2013, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

According to Quinn they met on Monday and I believe they have been meeting after that as well. I'm sure we'll hear something soon.
30 Jan 2013, 14:29 PM

Also, did anything ever happen to Lynx (besides him getting fired of course.) I thought at one point he was talking with Sega?
30 Jan 2013, 15:26 PM

This thread could have 2-3 subject lines , But not "SEGA buys Relic " :P
30 Jan 2013, 15:33 PM

Also, did anything ever happen to Lynx (besides him getting fired of course.) I thought at one point he was talking with Sega?

He was, and I quoted the latest he said on twitter somewhere earlier I think which basically was that he might get a job there, but there are no guarantees. :/ I guess hoping is the most we can do at this point.
30 Jan 2013, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2013, 22:53 PMKolaris
The only quote about Sega is "When they're ready [for the beta], we'll be ready". It's in the context of Relic continuing to work on the game in this period of uncertainty, so that when things are finalized they can jump out ahead.

You're adding the "rift" in with your wannabe doomsday journalism. I'm with Ami that it really isn't welcome here.

link was provided .. read it.
as far as "doomsday" goes.. have you been watching the layoffs in the gaming industry and the balance sheets of great companies like Nintendo?
i am appropriately pessimistic.
thankfully, Nintendo has returned to profitability after its first losing quarter in like ... forever.
BUT, they also lowered their sales projections for the WII U.

as i've said in other places..
these are big orgs...
we should wait at least a week
and IF Quinn and/or Sega can not add anything to what has been stated thus far THEN its time to start getting concerned.
30 Jan 2013, 16:14 PM

Tychus has the right to say what he wants yes. But he seems to enjoy the bad news and enjoys the reaction he gets to that. Freedom of speech is good when it is used in a civil and respectable way, which I feel Tychus doesn't do completely. He just takes it to far in his quest to be right, if he would post it without the gloating it would be ok I guess.

What amazes me, is that all of you that have a problem with Tychus going too far to the negative, have NO problem what so ever with the THQ and Relic mouth pieces going toooo far to the positive! It seems to me, that you all need a healthy dose of Tychus! If some of you had listened to him instead of complaining, you wouldn't NOW be looking for a job, you'd have already had one lined up! Life is not butterflies and unicorns people. Every opinion whether too far to the left or too far to the right has something of value. Your close mindedness is childish and rather unrealistic. But that is just MY opinion! Flame me as I know you will, since contemplation does not seem to be a skill set for most of you.
30 Jan 2013, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 16:14 PMKillian

What amazes me, is that all of you that have a problem with Tychus going too far to the negative, have NO problem what so ever with the THQ and Relic mouth pieces going toooo far to the positive! It seems to me, that you all need a healthy dose of Tychus!

Tychus has been right, it's the satisfaction he gets from THQ/Relic failing that kinda annoys me. The gloating isn't neccesary, but you are right that he has been spot on for a long time now.

Your close mindedness is childish and rather unrealistic

That is taking it too far, but meh.
30 Jan 2013, 17:20 PM

I'm very very happy with SEGA buying Relic, if they continue drawing the RTS line like they did with the TW-games, it will be very good. (Very happy as well that Ubisoft didn't buy them)
30 Jan 2013, 17:51 PM

[Removed by 12azor]
30 Jan 2013, 17:52 PM

link was provided .. read it.
as far as "doomsday" goes.. have you been watching the layoffs in the gaming industry and the balance sheets of great companies like Nintendo?
i am appropriately pessimistic.
thankfully, Nintendo has returned to profitability after its first losing quarter in like ... forever.
BUT, they also lowered their sales projections for the WII U.

as i've said in other places..
these are big orgs...
we should wait at least a week
and IF Quinn and/or Sega can not add anything to what has been stated thus far THEN its time to start getting concerned.

Nintendo is not Sega. At least that is what a quick look at Sega tells me.

And why is is time for getting concerned ? You think Sega can manage everything in two weeks time ? Things have to be discussed ( goals, deadlines ), the right people have to be put in the right spot, salaries have to be guaranteed and so on.

In the meantime -while most people are waiting for the beta- maybe we can also change the subject and talk about your starcraft 'liaisons' and (financial) interest in starcraft ?
30 Jan 2013, 18:03 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 16:14 PMKillian
What amazes me, is that all of you that have a problem with Tychus going too far to the negative, have NO problem what so ever with the THQ and Relic mouth pieces going toooo far to the positive! It seems to me, that you all need a healthy dose of Tychus! If some of you had listened to him instead of complaining, you wouldn't NOW be looking for a job, you'd have already had one lined up! Life is not butterflies and unicorns people. Every opinion whether too far to the left or too far to the right has something of value. Your close mindedness is childish and rather unrealistic. But that is just MY opinion! Flame me as I know you will, since contemplation does not seem to be a skill set for most of you.

Most people hate Tychus because he pointed out THQ's misleading statements, but I don't hate him. He was right about everything and that has been my position all along. But saying that Sega needs to start talking about the beta/when CoH 2 is coming out/etc. is just ridiculous. They just purchased a video game company making a multimillion dollar game. It would be hasty to make any snap decisions without thinking it through.

Someone else in this thread says that all they want is for Sega to say something like "yep it's coming out in April" but how can Sega know that? What if Sega talks to Relic and Relic says "CoH 2 would be a much better game if we could have 3 extra months to work on it" and then Sega has to make that decision? Honestly, just give them some time, stop being so entitled about the sequel to your little World War II video game. You're not in any position to tell Sega what to do with the company they just bought. It's their money, not yours.
30 Jan 2013, 18:07 PM

the last public statement was that the CoH2 release window is March 2013.

therefore, the responsible thing to do is to comment on this in this first week of February. Thus far, they have not done so. If they end up releasing the game on time in March then there is no need to update us.

Though, This will make for a very short beta.

If they wait until February 28 to announce a delay in release, that's bad.

have you heard any word on the release "window" for CoH2 ?

i sold ATVI 3 years ago.
30 Jan 2013, 18:13 PM

i sold ATVI 3 years ago.

i sold some old books last week.
30 Jan 2013, 18:16 PM

someone asked, i answered
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W