Login

russian armor

Sega Buys Relic

PAGES (10)down
24 Jan 2013, 03:01 AM

http://www.gamereplays.org/portals.php?show=news&news_id=914309

"Relic Entertainment [Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Homeworld, etc.]: Bought by Sega Corporation for $26.6 million, narrowly beating Bethesda's offer of $26.3 million."

Interesting that it almost went to Bethesda. I can respect Sega for the Total War series, and would like to see what they will do with Relic.

Quote from letter from CEO THQ:
"We expect that most employees of the entities included in the sale will be offered employment by the new owners. However, we cannot say what these owners may intend, and there will likely be some positions that will not be needed under the new ownership. You should receive notice this week or early next week if the new owners intend to extend employment to you. Please note that the terms of your new employment, including pay and benefits, may be different from the current terms of your employment with THQ."

Sounds like Relic should be in-tact for the most part, naturally with some changes.
24 Jan 2013, 03:17 AM

Oh boy.... Heres hoping Lynx hops on Relic or Segas payroll. I'd hate to loose him. Best CM ever.
24 Jan 2013, 03:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2013, 03:17 AMRogers
Oh boy.... Heres hoping Lynx hops on Relic or Segas payroll. I'd hate to loose him. Best CM ever.

I really hope so too.

This is big news for Relic, bad news in the short run or good news in the long run? Time will tell.
24 Jan 2013, 04:25 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Gotta say I'm pretty happy about this. Sega seems to treat Creative Assembly right and aside from the downloadable DLC packs for new units in the Total War games, it seems to know what gamers want in an RTS. Both the expansions for Shogun II were pretty neat and Rome II looks sweet too. So hopefully Relic will be able to make awesome games just like CA does.
24 Jan 2013, 04:46 AM

Thank God, atleast COH is now in safe hands. Two best RTS under one roof, sounds amazing to me. Hope they come out with COH2 as early as possible with changing the core game play of COH (there is a chance that the new owners might want to tinker with gameplay).
24 Jan 2013, 05:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2013, 03:50 AMSepha

I really hope so too.

This is big news for Relic, bad news in the short run or good news in the long run? Time will tell.

Tribal Bob said in the other thread that lynx lost his job :'(
Moy
24 Jan 2013, 07:44 AM

Tribal Bob said in the other thread that lynx lost his job :'(

NO! That's sad news to me.
24 Jan 2013, 08:27 AM
Caster Badge

Sad indeed. Relic have been saved. But lynx is lost :/
24 Jan 2013, 08:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Good news for Relic I think. I'm sure Bobby will find something good, hopefully something that keeps him close to us.
Only SEGA postSEGA 24 Jan 2013, 08:35 AM
Developer Sega Badge

I don't know what happens next. Maybe Sega reaches out to me, maybe they don't. All I know is that I want to see CoH2 to launch at the least. I've come too far to let it fade away, and I'm thankful to have known so many of you.

I'll post here what I wrote on the official forums:

Hey everyone,

I'm having a very hard time finding words to write this message. My limited vocabulary does not allow me the freedom to properly express just how I'm feeling right now. Every time I see this thread I cry. It is too much for me. Ever since this news broke, I've known this thread existed. And every time I try to look at this thread, I break out into tears. I cry like a baby. I cannot handle it.

Now, after many hours of confusion, torment and booze, I wanted to speak with you guys. I still don't know what to say, but I can say that I have been completely overwhelmed with the support I've gotten from the CoH community. Twitter, Facebook, and forums alike. I don't deserve it. Thank you. Thank you all. It means more to me than I can describe.

This is awful. We had such wonderful plans for CoH2 that will never be realized now. But none of that matters. What does matter is that for 8 months, I got to become friends with the greatest community that gaming has ever known. To work with the CoH community has been an absolute privilege. Not many CMs can express the sheer enjoyment that I have found while working with Company of Heroes. What we have is truly remarkable, and I thank all of you for it.

You guys have enriched my life. Believe it - my life has changed since I met all of you. And I am honored to call you guys my friends. I struggle to find the appropriate words to remark on all of this, but thank you. THANK YOU. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of your lives, and I thank you for sharing your passion of CoH with me. Every single interaction I've had with all of you has enriched my life, and my experience. I may never forget all that I experienced with working on CoH2.

Forums are one thing, but I've been blessed to meet so many of you in person at the various trade shows that COH2 has had a presence at over the year. I've been fortunate to meet AmiPolizeiFunk , Chris “DeutscheWertarbeit” (HQ-COH.com), SniperJolly, Rodgers, Pounder, Marcus, 12azor, Krebs, Dawid, Basil, Tommy, Pepsi, Sepha, GeneralMistake, Carlos, HelpingHans, Obtuse, Hirmetrium, Relaxx666677676, MajorBloodnok, and so many others (I am so, so sorry if I forgot to mention anyone else). And though I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, I must call out my partner in crime ImperialDane, who has been a wonderful friend. I consider all of you guys true friends of mine, and I thank you for hanging out with us, eating and drinking with me, and helping make CoH2 the reality that it has become. We have moved mountains with our words and intentions. Never forget what we accomplished. You all are like brothers to me, and I will never forget you guys.

Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, thank you. I hope that this is not the end, you guys are all wonderful. Thank you.

Bobby "THQLynx" Miller
24 Jan 2013, 08:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You're always welcome anytime you want to visit the UK Bobby!

I expect to be able to play some COH2 with you regardless of what happens by the way.
24 Jan 2013, 08:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

@ Lynx:
Quality people will always find a place, and your work as a community manager was top notch! As much that you were "just" part of the community itself, except you had more information we had :P
24 Jan 2013, 08:44 AM

Bottom Line man, you loved your job. You cared about us and the game. We saw that and you have our full support and friendship. If you are ever in the Seattle area again Bobby hit me up and Pounder you and I will go out for that beer I promised you a while back :)
Be strong my friend. We are here for you if we can help in any way.
-Sam"Rogers"Forster
24 Jan 2013, 08:45 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

24 Jan 2013, 08:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Reading that, actually made me sad :( Everyone has said it already, but I'm gonna say it again. You were an awesome CM for Company of Heroes. And you will be missed. I just made this meme for you, because I know you like my PE one ( :lol: ) . Thanks for everything Bobby.

24 Jan 2013, 10:13 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

:( It was a real pleasure to meet you Bobby, I seriously hope SEGA will listen to us and hire you.
24 Jan 2013, 10:55 AM

QFT :D

Thank you Bobby and good luck on your next adventures.

off topic
What was the PE meme?
24 Jan 2013, 10:57 AM

26 million dollars? so that means if i would have won the lottery here (24 million euros) i could have bought relic? xD

and yes, it sucks big-time that we lost lynx on it
24 Jan 2013, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2013, 10:55 AM12ocky

QFT :D

Thank you Bobby and good luck on your next adventures.

off topic
What was the PE meme?

look at his avatar
24 Jan 2013, 11:04 AM

look at his avatar

Dat fail :p

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2013, 10:57 AMFlessuh
26 million dollars? so that means if i would have won the lottery here (24 million euros) i could have bought relic? xD
and yes, it sucks big-time that we lost lynx on it

Time to buy lots of lottery tickets.

About Sega: lets hope they give the means to take COH franchise to the next level. (Lets even hope for a coh1 patch lol.)
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS