Login

russian armor

CoH vet here. Should I get into CoH2???

31 Mar 2014, 21:44 PM

Stay at VCoH and just wait for an event.

I think there will be an offer where you can buy this game for maybe 10€ or something like that.

There are to much issues to buy it now. Maybe the 2 new factions will be balancing the game a bit more.

( In my Opinion they won't)

yeah i'd recommend waiting until the game isn't in a sloppy situation. I'd wait for a "COH GOLD" to be released including the (hopefully) all the DLCs, and factions that way you wont have to waste your time buying specific commanders for a single patch.

@cataclaw I used to be an advocate for 'getting the game as soon as possible' but at this point since the new factions will be released soon; better to wait
31 Mar 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 21:44 PMmorten1

yeah i'd recommend waiting until the game isn't in a sloppy situation. I'd wait for a "COH GOLD" to be released including the (hopefully) all the DLCs, and factions that way you wont have to waste your time buying specific commanders for a single patch.

So you are saying he should wait years before getting the game?

@cataclaw I used to be an advocate for 'getting the game as soon as possible' but at this point since the new factions will be released soon; better to wait

Its not like he would want to get CoH2 to play americans vs wehrmacht on western maps all over again.
And your 'soon' is still a couple of months.
Yes, it is a good time to get the game right now before it will be torn apart OF style and will loose its immersion.
31 Mar 2014, 22:08 PM

It's already pretty cheap, and you can still get the pre-order bonuses.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/4242/company-of-heroes-2-pre-order-bonus-steam-key/
31 Mar 2014, 22:10 PM

To answer the original question: sure, get the game and give it a try. It has something for everyone, if you like rts, you will like coh2. Also, you can play both.
31 Mar 2014, 22:19 PM

Hey, everyone. I spent endless hours playing and watching CoH and I was wondering what CoH2 is like and whether it is as enjoyable. I have a few questions about the game:

How enjoyable/addicting is it compared to CoH?
Is the game play mechanics similar?
Has the community grown or shrunk after the realse of CoH2? (How many people play it)?
Is the game well balanced with interesting units?

If coh2 is a game for you, depends on what you expect. If you want mindless pew pew, go for coh2. If you want more depth into the gameplay and you go for esports better stay at vcoh.
1 Apr 2014, 03:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 17:39 PMAffe
CoH2 also has a low unit Variation low amount of strategical and tactical Options..

CoH2 has about the same number of units than CoH1 did..

Now that we are going to have a totally historically inaccurate game(western front armies on the east), i think vCOH is the far superior game.

Funny you say that, meanwhile the mainstray of the Red Army are penal troops.

I was not aware that the Red Army IRL primarily used Penal Troops as frontline Infantry.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 21:53 PMKatitof
Its not like he would want to get CoH2 to play americans vs wehrmacht on western maps all over again..

I don't remember when the Wehrmacht has Panzer II's or Sturmtigers, or the Americans had Airborne with SMG's and Rocket Strafes.
1 Apr 2014, 07:36 AM

No custom game lobby, 3v3 and 4v4 automatch means you get pro players and 'I just installed this game' players in the same game.
I liked 3v3 and 4v4 games in COH because you can choose who to let play. Similar skill, low ping, etc. Now I feel like puking just from thinking about playing 4v4 that is 90% of time not balanced and 2-3 players drop out in first 10 min.

COH2 was extremely noobish and lacking strategical options. The game revolved around super weapons (Super tanks, extreme amount of deadly call in abilities) Someone who isn't that good, can defeat your well planned and executed action with click of the button. (think straffing run that lasts for 60 seconds and pins all infantry on half the map, etc)

After latest patch; Germans play a lot like VCOH, you can actually defeat someone quite easily if they don't use cover or micro good (unlike what it was 1 week ago)
Soviets are hard to play and unbalanced atm, but thats not huge problem as balance can be altered easily.
Main reason I would say yes, do get COH2 is: Relic is moving in the right direction with the game, finally. After disaster decisions that alienated huge numbers of VCOH vets. Infantry play is much more strategic now, a lot like VCOH and Relic said they would do the same with mid and late game.
in conclusion, if you like 1v1 and 2v2 automatch VCOH, yes do get it.
If you can get used to playing unbalanced 3v3/4v4 games that end up semi-skirmish 90% of the time, yes do get it.
2v2, if you don't have a partner, you will be losing most of the time but 2 out of 5 games on average will be 'evenish'
I played VCOH for years, hope that helps you make a correct decision
1 Apr 2014, 08:15 AM

Competition in Coh is gone since some times.. I stopped playing it since I kept being matched with new players.
I don't know how is Coh2, I don't want to play it, but I guess there is more competition and challenge there.
1 Apr 2014, 14:55 PM
Patrion 310

i just got in it and I think it's quite cool. Lot of stuff that wasnt in retail/ not working are working well now and Im excited to get some more matches off. I played CoH2 in the beta and have been playing CoH1 a lot. I dont really get why people are on these forums trying to bash the game as much as they can.
2 Apr 2014, 15:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Im going to give it a go :D.

Also, just out of curiosity, what did the last patch do exactly?
2 Apr 2014, 15:55 PM

the latest patch added weapon profiles so different weapons do different damage from various ranges this post probably explains things much better than I could:
http://www.coh2.org/news/15547/march-deployment-patch
2 Apr 2014, 16:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

It's a matter of taste i guess, i loved vcoh, but i'm okay with coh2. I think vcoh was harder to master, it had different pace and teching. CoH2 has linear teching and isn't as good gameplay wise as its predeccesor, but it's improving.

I would suggest you give it a try and see where it takes you.
2 Apr 2014, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2014, 16:00 PMSpanky
CoH2 [...] isn't as good gameplay wise as its predeccesor, but it's improving.

pretty much this. unless the "expansion" messes with the game as much as OF/ToV did with vCoH the game could be pretty good by the end of the year.
5 Apr 2014, 04:55 AM

unless the "expansion" messes with the game as much as OF/ToV did with vCoH the game could be pretty good by the end of the year.

to be fair most people compare CoH2 to vCoH complaining that its not as good as vCoH. If anything, realistically, people should hope that it 'only' causes as much turbulence as OF/ToV did. The way most people talk, expecting it to be ahead of that curve is just wishful thinking. Maybe im just an hopeless optomist lol, but I think it'll bring some much needed diversity to the game and despite being dragged along kicking and screaming, once(if) CoH3 comes out people will have the same gripes about it not being CoH2. That being said you're absolutely right, OF/ToV might not have been fixed within the first year of release.(I wasn't actively playing the game at this time so i honestly can't say) But hopefully there's some things that relic learned from those launches that they can bring to this release. At the end of the day they cant and wont make everyone happy that's just a fact of life, but these changes definitely seem to be in the right direction(in my opinion) and with some tweaking will make the game better overall.

tl dr;
i basically agree but there's some issues in the argument id rather highlight for clarity.
6 Apr 2014, 19:19 PM

the true communist faggot posts again.

6 Apr 2014, 20:36 PM

The only thing that keeps me away from the game is the commander system, you have to pay for them(wtf?) and there are way too many.
6 Apr 2014, 20:41 PM

The only thing that keeps me away from the game is the commander system, you have to pay for them(wtf?) and there are way too many.

You do know that you can only use one out of 3 at the time and default free ones are still the best ones?
6 Apr 2014, 20:43 PM
Patrion 310

Well play german you hardly need more than a few... :).
6 Apr 2014, 22:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You do know that you can only use one out of 3 at the time and default free ones are still the best ones?

For soviets :P

6 Apr 2014, 22:31 PM

For soviets :P

Yea, grens and 222 are not doctrinal and its all you need to win now :P
Its not like germans were doctrine reliant anyway and only DLC one that is needed is either lightning war or elite troops.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★